• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ben Swann has been defunded. Keep him out. Vote good ones in.

Argon31

Seeing the comments and how the voting has progressed on the Ben Swann Proposal, It is clear that there are higher and stronger forces that are controlling the DAO and average mns have next to no real say when it comes to the crunch.

The notion that Ben is adding any value to real adoption is ludicrous and I think agree that 2 Million Dollars has largely been wasted or pocketed by Swann. He must think this is easy.

Despite over 450 no votes, enough to sink any proposal, The Ben swann proposal was passed today morning with underhand tactics like pushing out strike social with a no-cause no vote to get ben in.
African proposals, analytics and other ones have also paid the price as will countless others in the next few months since the budget has been given away to swann.

Ben himself has been lying through about accounts and has failed to provide a single truthful justification yet. Benn Swann is using the treasury to make super normal private gains, building a million dollar studio for himself. He has failed to give any accounts or rationale for why he needs the money except to put into his own pocket.

However, subservients like @thedesertlynx always chime in with their support as invisible forces wake up nodes and vote in whoever they want. MNs are simply wasting their time studying proposals in a rigged system.

Starting next month, get ready for no budget for anyone else except core favorites as the price continues to fall, since no one really cares for users.

Businesses that dont care for their actual users and waste money on fluff don't last long and there are countless examples of that in silicon valley.

We are killing our own ability to innovate, one ben swann at a time.

@djcrypto @DeepBlue @QuantumExplorer @Dashmaximalist @Name3

Those with provablely the most money at stake vote on proposals — for better or worse. Those are the rules and complaining about them if a vote doesn’t go your way frankly looks petty.

If the MNOs make bad decisions it will affect our pockets the most so to imply that we are working against the DAO or sucking up to certain entities at the expense of the DAO makes no sense.

Plus, look on the bright side. Currently, Dash is cheap. If you are so disgusted with MNO decisions then you can always buy enough nodes to have a tangible effect on the vote yourself.

@JGCMiner How will a few more votes for me or you make a tangible difference when 100's are controlled by a few people.
True decentralization is still quite far.

Nearly 1500 votes have been cast for swann and others have to compete with 700 votes or so. Sounds fair?

Btw, Seems like Ben Swann is defunded this month for now.

How many topics do you need to create about this? The most controversial proposals are the ones that will have the highest participation. Ben Swann's proposal is controversial, has a high participation, and you're using this to claim a core team centralized conspiracy...

I would merge threads if possible.

I understand but as a NON US citizen I find it crazy to spend 800 on swann with a 99% us audience and 1000 on feedbands without returns.

Nobody cares much about return of investments on a global level and I am disappointed which is the only reason I am posting.

I can see a cosy circle of old mns patting each others back. You already know those people and goes against decentralization.
My posts are against that kind of groupism, @TroyDASH

I would merge threads if possible.

I understand but as a NON US citizen I find it crazy to spend 800 on swann with a 99% us audience and 1000 on feedbands without returns.

Nobody cares much about return of investments on a global level and I am disappointed which is the only reason I am posting.

I can see a cosy circle of old mns patting each others back. You already know those people and goes against decentralization.
My posts are against that kind of groupism, @TroyDASH

(There wouldn't be a need to merge in the first place if you wouldn't keep creating new topics on the same thing...)

It's obvious that you're disappointed, but this cozy circle of masternodes is a fabrication of your imagination. There are a lot of proposals that pass that I don't like either, but I'm not assuming that the majority is wrought with corruption.

@Argon31 , I am also disappointed with dash, for reasons not necessarily identical to yours.
Let all disappointed dashers join together. Why dont you sign for a hard fork?

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/people-who-would-like-to-participate-in-a-dash-hard-fork.21290/
Ok, you fork the blockchain. I am happy to have coins on each chain.

Let's face it, at the moment the most valuable part of Dash is Dash Core Group. Decentralisation has it's benefits, but so does centralisation.

Ok, you fork the blockchain. I am happy to have coins on each chain.

Let's face it, at the moment the most valuable part of Dash is Dash Core Group. Decentralisation has it's benefits, but so does centralisation.
I cannot fork it alone!
I have nothing else, than a rasberry pi 3 and a slow internet connection.
Let’s make Dash fork the first blockchain technology spreading everywhere through a swarm of tiny machines.
But I need your support.... The dash community should understand that there is a huge corruption among masternodes, and a great amount of lack of accountability. This should change.

@JGCMiner How will a few more votes for me or you make a tangible difference when 100's are controlled by a few people.
True decentralization is still quite far.

What a bold assertion. Do you have a lick of evidence to prove it?

The graph on Dash vote tracker suggests that the yes votes came in in little trickles of 1's, 2's and 3's. That would suggest the complete opposite.

I would ask respectfully, again, for like the 4th time, have you ever participated on this forum under another name?

What a bold assertion. Do you have a lick of evidence to prove it?

The graph on Dash vote tracker suggests that the yes votes came in in little trickles of 1's, 2's and 3's. That would suggest the complete opposite.

Dont try to full the newbie.
We all know that you use vote obfuscators, that cast the votes in random time slots.

Additionaly. after the votehash invention, you randomly keep your vote in old expired sentinel proposals. Thats how you obfuscate votehash too.

Dont try to full the newbie.
We all know that you use vote obfuscators, that cast the votes in random time slots.

There are some timing adjustments, but not big timing adjustments. Go look at the graph yourself. There are big blocks of "no" votes. But no big blocks of "yes" votes.

And even if your premise is correct, then it is impossible for Argon31 to have any proof of his assertion, yes?

Oh look, @Argon31 came to complain because he didn't get his way...again...that never happens...

The preliminary analytics from some of the other proposals pretty clearly indicate that there are simply not many MNOs with dozens and dozens of MNs. The vast majority of the nodes are held and vote as individuals, with only a small amount having more than one and and even smaller amount with many. These may have pushed Ben's proposal over the edge, but that doesn't mean the average MNO doesn't have a say or that their vote doesn't count. You're just upset because things are going the way you want them to, plain and simple. Too bad. That's what happened.

Making one thread to voice your concerns is reasonable, but multiple threads now basically makes you a serial whiner. Why are you even here? Are you even a MNO? What actual stake do you have in Dash? As far as I can tell, your only contribution to Dash is whining and being rude to proposal owners...a real asset to the DAO...

I would like to say I really appreciate the feedback from @Argon31 and all the feedback and points of view in this thread. It is only through intelligent and constructive debate like this that we work through these issues and become clearer on our decisions. I have to commend @Argon31 for having the courage to voice his views against so many pro Ben Swann supporters. It takes courage, passion and a strong set of principals to do that. I may not totally agree with Mr Argon31 however a lot of what he is saying makes a lot of sense. I am hoping that Mr Swann is going to deliver on his commitments in the proposal. Let us see if it was worth the investment.

@Argon31 thank you for your contributions to this discussion.

Thank you for for the appreciation @DeepBlue . I am definitely not used to getting much around here.

As I mentioned to you before, I am disappointed that you chose to give up the fight to have Ben Swann Voted out and let him have 13%.
When people like you stop taking charge, this is what happens.

When some of the excellent proposals this month will choke for lack of budget- mainly the Venezuela ones, the freelancer one, anypay(12 mth is dumb tho)
the 800+513 being wasted is going to come back to haunt us. This could fund 10 proposals.

This will keep repeating.

But people dont care because they are too busy playing their little games.
DAO or no dao, corporations work the same way.

Back