• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal Discussion : Wasting Millions on Ben Swan for what?

Argon31

Dash Challenge # 101: Find the $2M Dash Logo on Ben's Video.

Ben_Swann_Mega_Logo.png

On a more serious note, I will be updating this thread with all known proposals over the next month that should have been funded if we weren't wasting our money on our "sponsorship" of free media.

@Arthyron @solarguy @DeepBlue @Dashmaximalist

Unfortunately @Name3 , I think that Dash should focus on calculated adoption instead of supporting random causes.
We should look for returns instead of what appeals to our emotions.

I dont think spending $2 million has had any impact and nobody really talks about that. Going after me is easier.

Can you see the logo, because I can't.

I have no other way of putting my point across, please suggest a better way.

I also want other proposal owners to see the differential treatment of mini-celebrities and general hard working small proposal owners.
New proposal owners should respond to demands for detail by asking us to question ben swann first..

My 2 duffs

@Argon31 You are under-representing this just a bit...

Some people raised the concern over the small logo already which is why he added the logo in the bottom left corner as well.

qacDBLJ.png

Dash is featured prominently everywhere on his news website truthinmedia.com

c7vOcpY.png

Ben's twitter:
K2b0YUx.png

Ben is also repping Dash pretty much anywhere he goes. For example, in his keynote speech at Anarchapulco (start around 28:00):

Other interviews...

An entire Reality Check episode about crypto with Dash heavily mentioned:

When you take this project and oversimplify it to just a "2-million dollar logo" that you can't even see, it makes me question what you're trying to do here.

Please do "update this thread with all known proposals over the next month that should have been funded if we weren't wasting our money", I am very interested to hear your thoughts.

Unfortunately @Name3 , I think that Dash should focus on calculated adoption instead of supporting random causes.
We should look for returns instead of what appeals to our emotions.

I dont think spending $2 million has had any impact and nobody really talks about that. Going after me is easier.

Can you see the logo, because I can't.

I have no other way of putting my point across, please suggest a better way.

I also want other proposal owners to see the differential treatment of mini-celebrities and general hard working small proposal owners.
New proposal owners should respond to demands for detail by asking us to question ben swann first..

My 2 duffs

All I've done is suggest better ways of putting your point across. You're just going to have to sleep in that pile of garbage you've made for yourself by being abrasive since you showed up here a week ago or whatever. @TroyDASH pointed out the counterpoints to yours, which would be obvious for anyone attempting to be objective or even *honest* about their rhetoric, but that's never been your intent.

Just another edgelord convinced he's the only "logic"al one out there who has risen above "emotion."

You haven't even begun to address my criticisms of your sophist rhetoric in the other thread, so you create another one to avoid it. Get over yourself. You're not helping anyone and only making yourself look worse and worse.

Again, with emphasis, as previously noted by Arthyron and TroyDash:

Argon31 cherry picked a single early video to attempt to make his point that the Dash logo/presence on Ben Swann's Youtube channel was invisible and a complete waste of money.

Of course, the numerous counterexamples show that assertion to be not true at all. Further, Ben has been very open and responsive to these exact concerns and has made dramatic changes and improvements in that regard.

Also, Argon31 has not made any response to the idea that our current problem of unfunded proposals is almost entirely due to the fact that the value of Dash has dropped 73%. So rather than point fingers at the Core Team, or Ryan Taylor, or Fernando, or Ben Swann, let's lay the blame where it belongs. Crypto in general, and Dash in particular, is a small volatile market and will suffer consequences like this until we dominate the payments industry.

Let's get on with dominating the payments and remittance markets rather than point fingers.

And I would ask again, respectfully, has Argon31 ever participated in this or other Dash forums under another name? I note the complete silence to this question...again....

I am and always will be Solarguy on this and all other Dash forums. Perhaps if Argon31 could post a short video where he shows his face, to remove all uncertainty. I did it. Here I am in all my glory with Craig Mason:

Of course, if Argon31 chooses not to display his face on a video linked in a public forum, I respect his privacy and right to do so. But, that choice also fails to remove this uncertainty that he is a serial troll that just keeps changing his forum handle/identity whose primary goal is to sow dissent among the Dash community. I could be totally wrong in my assessment. I look forward to the video that proves me wrong.

@solarguy : I dont want to show my face on a public forum. Cryptos are illegal in my home country and I can get into a lot of trouble.

Here is a list of proposals that are almost certain to get the axe to fund swanns swanky studio .. Will be updating this list soon..

Dash Starter Kit - Philippines 2018-04-18 03:42:15
(Details | Comments [17]) 12god 1/1 201 78 15 123 2.6% 122.00
($52,971.18) 6,213.40
Graph

Project Two Million - Nigeria Mass Adoption - Dash Squard2018-04-18 04:46:14
(Details | Comments [26]) Dash-Africa-Escrow 1/1 205 92 1 113 2.4% 95.52
($41,473.83) 6,308.92
Graph

Dash Bug Bounty - Bugcrowd 12 month renewal 2018-04-18 07:34:48
(Details | Comments [30]) jimbursch 1/1 141 38 7 103 2.2% 250.00
($108,547.50) 6,558.92
Graph

Building a Dashy Africa - Phase 1 2018-04-18 05:50:37
(Details | Comments [6]) lnstantKarmaFund 1/1 211 59 6 152 3.2% 182.00
($79,022.58) 5,122.53
Graph

@Argon31 every proposal must be evaluated on it's own merits... posting proposal titles & costs in an uninformative list to try and provide back up to your opinion is not helpful.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as you are with your views of Ben Swann's proposal, but opinions expressed in a logical, transparent and respectful way will always gain more traction...
I for one will cease from opening this thread. If others agree with that sentiment I suggest you stop wasting your time and do the same.

@Argon31 every proposal must be evaluated on it's own merits... posting proposal titles & costs in an uninformative list to try and provide back up to your opinion is not helpful.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as you are with your views of Ben Swann's proposal, but opinions expressed in a logical, transparent and respectful way will always gain more traction...
I for one will cease from opening this thread. If others agree with that sentiment I suggest you stop wasting your time and do the same.

You are free to do that. I think it is my responsibility to show how irresponsible it is to de-fund / push out 15-20 small high roi projects to give money to a celeb, who isnt doing much.

Everyone who loses 5 dash will likely never resubmit. I think this is opposite of the decentralization idea and a threat to innovation for our network

@solarguy : I dont want to show my face on a public forum. Cryptos are illegal in my home country and I can get into a lot of trouble.

As noted, I respect your right to anonymity. But I also note, you failed to answer my question if you have ever participated in this forum under another name. And just coincidentally, your unwillingness to post your photo keeps the idea alive that you are a serial troll who just changes screen names periodically when the community identifies you as "that troll" again.

And, I further note, you ignore the idea that the cause for the sudden rash of proposals that won't get funded is not Ben Swann, but the fact that the value of Dash dropped 73%. Let's lay the blame where it belongs.

Why are you referencing Evan in your thread title? What does Evan have anything to do with this proposal?

"Ben Swann finally being kicked out. Thank you (Evan)?"

stupid title
i would suggest to edit that - evan had nothing to do with this
and even if he did - no need to pull him into this !!

@tungfa @RobbyDash01 @ I have changed the title. I saw a 77 vote down so I kind of assumed it was Evan. Maybe not.

We are one step away though from clogging our arteries with funding Ben Swann's studio construction.

Such a waste considering we could use that to fund adoption projects.

Maybe there is a link between helping constructing private studios in Atlanta will help us go past Monero. A link I cant see.

Back