• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 and price

they were talking about it on bitcointalk this morning. They said they found evidence of a BOT buying and selling and pushing the price down. I don't know how that stuff works. Im new to all this.

thats bullshit! people always search for this kind of stuff when prices decline. a bot, a single big dumper, whatever. the simple finding that there are just more sellers than buyers doesnt come to their mind.

funny observation: nobody searches for bots, single big buyers, etc if markets are rising!

thats just bullshit-thinkin by folks who cant handle the truth of a declining market and therefore they are searching for scapegoats.

@ pyc -- In your article on Reddit you state: "Astronomic rise of Darkcoin was not the healthy demand by the masses for spending it, it was speculator's game. After the initial boom and crash, we will see a slow decline, every fairly successful altcoin has the same history and future."

I am not 100% sure I'd subscribe to your vision of the future. Apropos the same: Auguste Marie Lumière & Louis Jean Lumière, the inventors of cinema claimed: "the cinema is an invention without any future."

Well...

true, just made 35 drk by playing with leftovers at the exchange ))

So have enough weak hands left for Evan to make an appearance and make his exciting announcement? Down to 0.0026.

I've got no choice but to hold. But seriously, this is a fire-storm that I was not expecting.

Come on vertoe surely you have our glorious leader's phone number :wink: I think a lot of people would like to hear his voice. People will stop mining if this continues for much longer.

I am not entirely sure about the best time to spread the promised news. We´ve had frustrating weeks of slipping downwards, now big hit in the face for the entire market.

-> Lots of people busy licking their wounds, maybe not giving a damn.

On the other hand, overall network health needs to be kept in mind - for some (late) masternode owners the game is on the razor's edge.

Come on vertoe surely you have our glorious leader's phone number :wink: I think a lot of people would like to hear his voice. People will stop mining if this continues for much longer.
Well he said some days ago that he puts hands down for one week to see how rc4 is performing and he will announce new juice rc5 features after that period.

I was in a bit of a panic earlier but given how it seems no cryptos are having a good day, my belief in DRK remains in tact.

EDIT: If I make it through the day without at least one panic, its a minor miracle ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
When another 40% price drop overnight (about 90% drop from all-time high) creates only a yawn in me, I know I capitulated :smile:

The # of Darkcoins traded (in 24 hours) has risen to 6.14% of the total supply which is a sign that a capitulation in price may have occurred. I am really, really curios about all this. If I compare it to the fiat stock market shenanigans I don't see any real parallels:

- I am not aware of possibility to short sell Darkcoin, so short attack is not in place;
- I am not aware you could by Darkcoin on margin, so margin induced sales were not occurring;
- Given those two elements above, I can't see a 51% attack either. (even though 10 biggest holders have 32.39% off all the coins available)

I've seen only one big player selling 10,000 DRK (on 15th) while all other big holders are either holding or net buying.

So who created this huge drop? (one can't call it a volatility given a constant drop over the last 90 days; daily volatility is for day traders)

Miners leaving the ship? (any statistics I could look at i.e. how many people were mining 90 days ago, 60 days ago, 30 days ago, today?)

Owners (premined issue) doing the same?

After 90% price drop I'd really like to hear from Evan & Co. ==> are they still 100% in?

Attachments

• drop.JPG
    drop.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 157
After 90% price drop I'd really like to hear from Evan & Co. ==> are they still 100% in?

As i feel somehow being "Co": I still own every single DRK i have originally bought (unfortunately i was not a early bird) or i got from donations. My four masternodes still running :)

Had small chat with Evan during his nightly insomnia, and we both agree: Darkcoin is much greater than all of us - so stay tuned ;)

Great, thank you.

In all this mess that's going on I might have forget to tell you how great is to see developers talking with your supporters and small investors like my humble self. At this juncture I'd really like to dig deeper into this drop. In a fiat world it would mean death for Darkcoin.

I expected a vicious attack on it - given how big its potential is to fight the Financial Crime Cartel and the fascists structures of this world - but nothing indicates it is happening as I type. My admiration for the developers and their gigantic efforts on tech side is unwavering. Let us see how this will develop over the next several weeks and months, assuming masternods are still running and miners are not abandoning the ship :smile:

Back