• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what its doing, but nothings changed.
It never finishes synching, was almost up to the actual height, but then started again at about 300 blocks earlier.

I'll remove the index now and start it again.

Well, I gave up and killed it, after about 6 hours running at 100%.
The synching got very slow after about block 60.000.
It took about an hour to get there, and processed only about 15.000 blocks in the remaining five hours.

I'm back to 9.12.31 and it runs like it should.

Why we didn't push the big red enforce button?
https://drk.mn/blocks.html#blocksdetail
There was a time when almost every block was mined by RC4 pools and now we are mostly back on RC3...
I thought the only reason not to enforce was "wait, RC4 is coming and we are good to go" and now when?

EDIT: can we at least test it in testnet?

Well, I gave up and killed it, after about 6 hours running at 100%.
The synching got very slow after about block 60.000.
It took about an hour to get there, and processed only about 15.000 blocks in the remaining five hours.

I'm back to 9.12.31 and it runs like it should.
I have reproduced this on Windows 8 (RC4 client slow blockchain sync, high CPU load - 0.9.12.31 client works like charm) and created a bug ticket for this.

--> http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-25

Thanks for reporting

As i figured, it looks like a bot on Cryptsey thats bringing the price down by manipulating its buy/sell orders etc. I can live with price manipulation because then we know the big whales are coming in to feast!

Time to buy more DRK!!!!!

By sheer coincidence I was talking to a stockbroker about this very practice earlier this evening (GMT+1)

A couple people mentioned on bitcoin talk forum this morning that they saw evidence of a BOT manipulating the price. I personally don't know how to spot this, but its on the dark coin thread over there.

Yeah? Good method to kill a coin if I'm honest. The low price makes investors scared, thus drives the price down even more to a point were they refuse to invest. Downward spiral if you ask me.

Looks to me like they are driving the price down for the purposes of greed. But yes i agree its going to start to scare some people for sure. Im going to ride this thing right to the bottom and see what happens. Im holding.

Question. Sent a test to my wallet .31 and waited a day and it still shows my drk as non-anonymous. Did I do anything wrong here? Why isn't it letting me use my Drk as anonymous?

Question. Sent a test to my wallet .31 and waited a day and it still shows my drk as non-anonymous. Did I do anything wrong here? Why isn't it letting me use my Drk as anonymous?

Is it the wallet version with Darksend? Have you checked to see if Darksend is not disabled?

Is it the wallet version with Darksend? Have you checked to see if Darksend is not disabled?

Yup checked Disable Darksend. This should mean that it is enabled correct? Maxed out Drks to ananomize. Is there a typical waiting period?

Yup checked Disable Darksend. This should mean that it is enabled correct? Maxed out Drks to ananomize. Is there a typical waiting period?

That's the tricky thing. I'm not sure how long each wallet has to wait. You can ask on the RC4 Bugs thread for any problem you might have with the wallet.

That's the tricky thing. I'm not sure how long each wallet has to wait. You can ask on the RC4 Bugs thread for any problem you might have with the wallet.

Well it is on a Macbook. Maybe that was my first mistake. Anyone able to post "how to" video for mac? It would be much appreciated.

Edit:

User error is probably to blame but in case its not ...I just want to be sure I'm doing it correct on my end.

When you check "Disable Darksend", it does just that... it disables it. You want to UNCHECK it (thus enabling Darksend).

I see a problem.

I did denominate coins, made a backup after it just in case.

Now i bought some more cheap coins transfered in in to the wallet where also the denominated coins have been.

When i put in the old backup all the coins that has been denominated are gone, only the transfered coins are there.

Im lucky i made a backup, if not this coins would be gone? But this is not noob proofed and people have to know if they use darksend they have to make a new backup afterwards?

Thought 500 sub addresses are possible before you need a backup? So after you use darksend a new real address(private key) is generated?

I see a problem.

I did denominate coins, made a backup after it just in case.

Now i bought some more cheap coins transfered in in to the wallet where also the denominated coins have been.

When i put in the old backup all the coins that has been denominated are gone, only the transfered coins are there.

Im lucky i made a backup, if not this coins would be gone? But this is not noob proofed and people have to know if they use darksend they have to make a new backup afterwards?

Thought 500 sub addresses are possible before you need a backup? So after you use darksend a new real address(private key) is generated?

The addresses are generated on startup. So you need to backup all your wallets again after the RC4 launch.

As i figured, it looks like a bot on Cryptsey thats bringing the price down by manipulating its buy/sell orders etc. I can live with price manipulation because then we know the big whales are coming in to feast!
Lol, no. A bot who is margin trading and doing both buying and selling is doing nothing but one thing to the price: nothing.

The addresses are generated on startup. So you need to backup all your wallets again after the RC4 launch.

Doesnt make sense. It was a old wallet backup. It must work when you start RC4... it did work. It generated a new address in addition after i was using darksend+. Wallets are always backwards compatible. You miss the point. I was using probably 50 different coin wallets that are based on bitcoin and never saw this bahavior. So darksend must be exceeding 100 transactions and generating a new private key in the wallet? I did 8 rounds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back