• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if already answered up thread.

If I install v10 of the new QT, will my masternode DRK be protected because I have masternode=1 in my .conf file?

I'm worried that my masternode balance will be denominated.

If I install v10 of the new QT, will my masternode DRK be protected because I have masternode=1 in my .conf file?

That should indeed be the expected behavior.

As vertoe indicated somewhere on the forum, the best way to set up a new masternode is to create a wallet without DRK, run masternode genkey, turn off darkcoind or darkcoin-qt, update darkcoin.conf with masternode=1 and only then send DRK to the appropriate address.

Good to know. Thanks.

This is an upgrade to an existing masternode and I was worried about the 1000DRK auto denominating if I installed the new wallet. To be honest, I'm so freaked about this I might leave it a few days before updating QT

Good to know. Thanks.

This is an upgrade to an existing masternode and I was worried about the 1000DRK auto denominating if I installed the new wallet. To be honest, I'm so freaked about this I might leave it a few days before updating QT

Have a look at this post: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/ma...oobs-to-update-to-0-10-12-26.1763/#post-16189

It seems that everything is fine. In case of doubt, you can probably contact vertoe or Lebubar who successfully updated several masternodes.

The daemon is not denominating unless told so. No worries.

Edit, oh, wait, no idea how remote setups work.

That should indeed be the expected behavior.

As vertoe indicated somewhere on the forum, the best way to set up a new masternode is to create a wallet without DRK, run masternode genkey, turn off darkcoind or darkcoin-qt, update darkcoin.conf with masternode=1 and only then send DRK to the appropriate address.
I did really say that? :O

I'm thinking if you disable Darksend before you run the wallet with the MN in it, it should be okay, but I'm not sure. The devs should have a clear instruction on this somewhere.

All I know is that when I installed the new QT this morning it prompted me for my wallet key upon loading which made me panic that it was going to start denominating my masternode funds. I clicked cancel to the wallet key prompt and everything was fine but rolled back to the old QT just until I can get some concrete guidance.

I'm thinking if you disable Darksend before you run the wallet with the MN in it, it should be okay, but I'm not sure. The devs should have a clear instruction on this somewhere.
All I know is that when I installed the new QT this morning it prompted me for my wallet key upon loading which made me panic that it was going to start denominating my masternode funds. I clicked cancel to the wallet key prompt and everything was fine but rolled back to the old QT just until I can get some concrete guidance.

I am using the option

-disabledarksend=1

in my commandline, and this stops my QT RC4 client from denominating.

The information was hidden in one of Evans' release notes:
****** Please Update To 10.12.8 (update if this is the first time seeing this message, even if you're running .8) *******

[...]

and even disable darksend auto-denom if wanted:
/darkcoin-qt -datadir=/home/user/.darkcoin -listen=0 -darksendrounds=8 -usemasternode="192.168.56.102:19999" -disabledarksend=1

[...]

$ darkcoind -?
Darksend options:
-disabledarksend=<n> Disable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 0)

flare, thanks for clarifying. Do you know where we can find the info promised earlier?
Sorry, i think it's not available yet. Evan and me agreed that we will have a technical documentation for Darkcoin (user guide, admin guide), and i already started working on this, but due to the release yesterday i had no chance to complete it yet. I will keep you posted.

BTW: If someone wants to contribute writing the doc, don't hesitate to get in contactt with me. There is a lot to do :)

Am I doing any harm to the network by staying on the old QT after I have updated my masternodes to RC4?

EDIT: Just as importantly, am I doing any harm to my masternode's chances of paying out? :D

Am I doing any harm to the network by staying on the old QT after I have updated my masternodes to RC4?

EDIT: Just as importantly, am I doing any harm to my masternode's chances of paying out? :D
As you are not a miner, you are not doing harm to the network, but AFAIK you will not be able to connect to your own masternodes since the protocolversion has changed (so 'masternode start' should fail from cold wallet)

14:29:48
masternode debug
successfully started masternode

I managed to start ok from cold wallet earlier. Or at least that is what local console reported.

masternode debug
successfully started masternode

I managed to start ok from cold wallet earlier. Or at least that is what local console reported.
If it works, good :) If the MN shows up in elbereth list as active all is fine. Could mean that RC3 QT is compatible for administering RC4 MN :)

If it works, good :) If the MN shows up in elbereth list as active all is fine. Could mean that RC3 QT is compatible for administering RC4 MN :)

None of my MNs have shown up in the elbereth list yet although yidakee did find that it took several hours for his masternodes to turn up in there so I'm not panicking yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back