• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bitcoin Flash: If Bitcoin and Dash had a baby...

I should be more specific. This is a non-issue as far as I am concerned. I don't know why those four, or you, consider this so important. I will go further, however, and say that changing certain numbers "at run time" could actually be dangerous to the function of Dash itself. It is FAR safer to test changes before they are applied. I program, and know this from experience.

So, after having you explain your ideas in detail, you have actually convinced me (unintentionally) that this "changing in run time" is a very bad idea. As for "voting the numbers" itself, the present system where anyone can make proposals which the masternode Operators then vote for seems fine. Any "numbers" which need to be changed could be changed that way.

I should be more specific. This is a non-issue as far as I am concerned. I don't know why those four, or you, consider this so important. I will go further, however, and say that changing certain numbers "at run time" could actually be dangerous to the function of Dash itself.
As I have already told you, the first candidate numbers to be voted are the numbers that have no theory behind.
You choosed these numbers by pure CHANCE , and THIS is what is actually dangerous to the longterm function of the cryptocurrency.
Anyway, I have talk a lot to you, I find your talk very concervative and not interesting at all, so our conversation is over.

The one "number" I would be okay with voting for, and applying dynamically, would be the Masternode Budget proposal fee. That seems safe enough. As for other types of "numbers," each would have to be examined individually to see if it was or was not appropriate to change them dynamically as well. It would be foolish to make a blanket statement, "Let's dynamically change them all by vote," as that could unintentionally serve to harm or "break" Dash. You may find that "conservative," but I find your approach reckless, although (unsurprisingly) it is completely in line with your apparent desire to create discord and harm Dash.

Back