• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Donating DASH from the budget to the Venezuelan people

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Its a marketing opportunity.

I'd love to see it done, but its master nodes call.
I put my heart and soul into a similar effort of giving free dash (getfreedash.com ) to Venezuelans which would both help both dash and them ( I mean introducing them to crypto )
But unfortunately the MNOs rejected it.

We need to wait for a new breed of marketing savvy MNOs to raise up until then , big changes can't be expected

Yep, I agree here as well, if giving money is not the answer even though I believe at the start it will help infrastructure for dash payments and education about it are a great start.
It would not take long and we could get the entire country using DASH instead of them buying the Black Market Dollars they are having to buy.
DASH can make huge changes here and at the same time get DASH being used as a day to day currency.
If anyone has any ideas on ways we can achieve DASH ending up in the hands of the Venezuelan people and being used as a median of exchange lets list them so we can assess how this can best happen.
Well I did try but failed ... Check this http://getfreedash.com

Well I did try but failed ... Check this http://getfreedash.com
Just checked out the site, pretty cool. Is this still active? In other words, are you still giving out free Dash? If so, where are they coming from?

This isn't a bad idea, actually. Giving someone 50 cents worth of Dash in this way isn't going to affect them much financially at all, but it will get them started using Dash, and spreading its use to others. And having them get paid for each person they refer would actually be paying them for doing something of value for the Dash network.

Just checked out the site, pretty cool. Is this still active? In other words, are you still giving out free Dash? If so, where are they coming from?

This isn't a bad idea, actually. Giving someone 50 cents worth of Dash in this way isn't going to affect them much financially at all, but it will get them started using Dash, and spreading its use to others. And having them get paid for each person they refer would actually be paying them for doing something of value for the Dash network.

That's exactly my idea behind doing the proposal , but like I said MNOs didn't like it much unfortunately

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/International-mass-marketing-using-sms

I am still not giving up I am ready to bring 5000 people to sign up at my own cost ... If you guys are interested let me know

Believe me, I know what you are talking about. I lived in Yugoslavia during the hyperinflation of 1990s, when monthly inflation reached one million percent at one point.
But I still don't think any money should just be given away, because then who decides who gets that money?
In any dictatorial state, the ones in power usually end up with most of the humanitarian donations that are sent to the area.
We should make some sort of infrastructure where people could exchange Dash for goods or local currency (or preferably dollars) and then make a project where they can earn Dash directly.

That is why you give a little bit of money to entice people into the world of crypto , rest they will do it themselves

This depends where you are in the world, the majority of the population in some places live off not much more than this per day. That's why we can make a real difference.
This website and idea is great but should be targeted where that money is a days wages. Imagine the impact it can have in those places

That's exactly my idea behind doing the proposal , but like I said MNOs didn't like it much unfortunately

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/International-mass-marketing-using-sms

I am still not giving up I am ready to bring 5000 people to sign up at my own cost ... If you guys are interested let me know
I'm really surprised that proposal failed, you should reach out to the guys at dash force news and try and raise awareness about this and the issue. Maybe it can be brought back to life.
I think the master node owners are flooded with proposals and cannot research all of them leaving good things missed.
Maybe an interview with the guys and a few donations to get the 5 DASH raised again would be a good start.
I would be willing to donate a DASH to this cause.

That is why you give a little bit of money to entice people into the world of crypto , rest they will do it themselves
I don't have an issue with giving out a few bucks for someone to install Dash wallet and learn how to use it. That can be considered marketing.
I also don't have an issue with charity in cases of natural disasters.
I do have an issue with vaguely defined charities with no clear plan on how to help someone long term and not just to throw some cash around so you can feel good about yourself.

I'm also disappointed that your proposal didn't pass. I would like to see it resubmitted, but first, you should find out what was the main issue of MNOs that voted against it.

I don't have an issue with giving out a few bucks for someone to install Dash wallet and learn how to use it. That can be considered marketing.
I do have an issue with vaguely defined charities with no clear plan on how to help someone long term and not just to throw some cash around so you can feel good about yourself.

I'm also disappointed that your proposal didn't pass. I would like to see it resubmitted, but first, you should find out what was the main issue of MNOs that voted against it.
This is the purpose here to talk and build ideas to create something that will work. It's easy to say that's a bad idea but difficult to add to an idea and build it into a reality.
The discussion is the best place to start.

The proposal lost not because of no votes but because it didn't get enough votes compare to others.. possibly because we were buried deep in the proposal pool

I will try and find out whats going on with the no votes anyhu

This is the purpose here to talk and build ideas to create something that will work. It's easy to say that's a bad idea but difficult to add to an idea and build it into a reality.
The discussion is the best place to start.
Agreed.
So... who in this thread is actually on the ground in Venezuela and has some concrete idea that could be expanded upon?

The proposal lost not because of no votes but because it didn't get enough votes compare to others.. possibly because we were buried deep in the proposal pool

I will try and find out whats going on with the no votes anyhu
You had a lot of Abstain votes also. I think you may have missed presenting your idea succinctly. You should probably make a better short summary of your proposal, with examples from the system that you already have in place.

Agreed.
So... who in this thread is actually on the ground in Venezuela and has some concrete idea that could be expanded upon?

You had a lot of Abstain votes also. I think you may have missed presenting your idea succinctly. You should probably make a better short summary of your proposal, with examples from the system that you already have in place.

can you tell me how i can make it better ?

I'm not really an expert, but when I have some free time I'll look through your proposal and try to make some suggestions.

Demo, I often suspect that your posts are designed to create discord, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt here (or at least suspend my disbelief for a moment) and just address your stated concern.

No country controls any cryptocurrency...and I find it very hard to believe that you don't already know that.

To put it another way, all people, everywhere, in any country, have essentially equal access to cryptocurrency, provided they have access to the internet.

Now, a crypto like Dash would actually be ideal for real-world, brick-and-mortar, or other person-to-person use, due to both the instant transactions AND the very inexpensive transaction fees imposed by the Dash network. Furthermore, Dash's privacy feature makes it doubly attractive, as it means the citizens of Venezuela (or any other country, for that matter) have some means for keeping their finances safe from the irresponsible out of control printing of fiat, and the subsequent out of control inflation and taxation of that fiat.

And why not take the code of Dash and create a new blockchain from scratch?
Why the people of venezuela should use your blockchain?

And why not take the code of Dash and create a new blockchain from scratch?
Why the people of venezuela should use your blockchain?
there are 100s of coins doing that already , how are they faring ??

dash is clearly the winner , we got great devs , great PR folks , Great vision we need up our game in marketing thats all.

we dont need to fork dash and @demo please stop bugging

there are 100s of coins doing that already , how are they faring ??

dash is clearly the winner , we got great devs , great PR folks , Great vision we need up our game in marketing thats all.

we dont need to fork dash and @demo please stop bugging

I didnt said the people of venezuela to fork dash. I said they should get the code of dash, and create an new currency, by dividing the coins equaly to everyone. Create a new genesis block, based on dash's source code.

I asked a similar question to @TonyG, but he didnt answer.
Could you please answer to my below questions too?
My question is not about the regulation of cryptoccurencies by the state. My question is whether you think it is a nice idea for the state to compete cryptocurrencies, by creating a state sponsored cryptocurrency designed so that all generations will have equal rights and equal opportunities in it.

In the case of Venezuela, you shouldnt create a state money of course, as long as the state keeps oppressing the people. You should create a cryptocurrency that will compete the state's money, but it will designed so that all people of venezuela (and all generations) will have equal rights and equal opportunities in it. Because if you introduce the current dash blockchain to venezuela, you enslave the people of venezuela to the greedy dash generation of 2014-2016.

Last edited:
I admire your energy demo, but you have some wrong ideas about how currency works.
If you create a new currency and distribute it to everyone, it will have no value because nobody had to actually do the work to get it.
Yes, early Dash holders have profited immensely, but that is the reward for being an early adopter and recognizing something great while it's still in its infancy.
One of the main advantages of cryptocurrencies is the fact that it can't be taken from you. If you disregard that basic value, then you are left with nothing.

Now, I'm not saying that some new crypto based on Dash would have no future at all, you are welcome to create it if you want. But it wouldn't be Dash and it wouldn't have the same value as Dash has.

I admire your energy demo, but you have some wrong ideas about how currency works.
If you create a new currency and distribute it to everyone, it will have no value because nobody had to actually do the work to get it.
Yes, early Dash holders have profited immensely, but that is the reward for being an early adopter and recognizing something great while it's still in its infancy.
One of the main advantages of cryptocurrencies is the fact that it can't be taken from you. If you disregard that basic value, then you are left with nothing.

Now, I'm not saying that some new crypto based on Dash would have no future at all, you are welcome to create it if you want. But it wouldn't be Dash and it wouldn't have the same value as Dash has.

Let me assure that in case someone takes the Dash source code and creates a new genesis block, and distributes it fairly to the people of venezuela, this coin will have value. Because among the people of venezuela you can find also the merchants, and as long as the merchants accept a coin, this coin gets value. Dash has not great value for this very reason, because the merchants, and especially the merchants of venezuella, do not accept it.

Let me assure that in case someone takes the Dash source code and creates a new genesis block, and distributes it fairly to the people of venezuela, this coin will have value. Because among the people of venezuela you can find also the merchants, and as long as the merchants accept a coin, this coin gets value. Dash has not great value for this very reason, because the merchants, and especially the merchants of venezuella, do not accept it.
so why dont you pass this message to the venezuelans instead of protesting over here

Back