• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Passphrase LOST

emmanuel

Hello,

Here is my problem:

I created a portfolio with the Dash Core software in 2014 by storing Dash.
Today, I changed PC (because the operating system was dead), I recovered my hard drive, I searched with recovery software, and I was able to find my "wallet.dat ".
The funds are available on the software but I can not get my hands on my passphrase!
All my keys and codes were in Notepad ++, which I searched thoroughly (backup and others), without success!

I am desperate !

There must be some trace of my passphrase somewhere?
A clue to this sentence?
What could this sentence look like?

Help me please

Thank you

not sure how to help
obviously u are (should) the only one to know your password
the password was set by you and could be anything

Indeed. You are responsible for your own password security, and trying to brute force the password on a wallet file is extremely difficult. Did you use a password manager? Did you write down your password or back it up somewhere? Any common passwords you like to use? If you can't remember then the Dash is probably lost. If it's a significant amount you could hire someone to try to brute force the wallet file (PM me ;), or try it yourself here: http://www.gobitgo.com/articles/1005/How-To-Recover-Your-Bitcoin-Wallet-Password/

Indeed. You are responsible for your own password security, and trying to brute force the password on a wallet file is extremely difficult. Did you use a password manager? Did you write down your password or back it up somewhere? Any common passwords you like to use? If you can't remember then the Dash is probably lost. If it's a significant amount you could hire someone to try to brute force the wallet file (PM me ;), or try it yourself here

Ok thank you, I suspected that answer.

Indeed not very intelligent on my part, but to be honest, I did not really believe when I invested. (Fatal error)

It is impossible that I did not write down this sentence somewhere.

The problem is that to place these Dash and Litecoin, I only had to open this software once, and that I have not the slightest memory of it. (Create myself or create by a word generator password)

Usually I wrote down everything in Notepad ++, which I tried to find using a hidden or erased data recovery, without success.

I found some passphrase but that do not correspond at all to these software there ..

A service exists walletrecoveryservices but what is it worth? They take 20% of the value of the portfolio? But what is the assurance that he does not steal the completeness?

The choice is difficult! But do I have the choice? The price of Dash is exploding and me with ..

If it's a significant amount of Dash, options like hypnosis and wallet recovery services are actually quite reasonable. If you have even the slightest idea about the password length and possible letters/words, there is a (tiny) chance you can recover it.

Back