• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash AeroSports Sponsorship and Businesses Developement

I agree that it should be updated asap.
But those of us that follow the core teams reports are well aware of the progress that is being made.

Just to retrace back his argument, we were speaking about how we shouldn't be burning budget allocated DASH on high acquisition, low ROI marketing campaigns and other random events and simply let the excess be pushed into the dev team's budget so they would "explode"

Someone pointed out that they had already "exploded" and thus he made the comparison of slow updates to show that no out-of-this-world progress is being made exponentially with their current budget.

Moral of the story: Stop burning our budget money on petty budget suggestions.

Yes.
It was said from the beginning that it would be done that way and I understand the reasoning behind it and agree with that decision.

Lack of public updates creates uncertainty. Most of newcomers have no information about development process.
Despite of out of date roadmap it have lots of new definitions without any clear explanation: DAPI, ADAPI, DashDrive, "object support for users, groups, accounts" etc. What the hell is it? No explanation, no whitepaper, no code.

Not really. But it's actually about trust and I currently trust the dev team, as they did deliver everything they set out to do until now and I don't have any valid reason that they won't do it this time also.
I understand the irony in this statement as cryptocurrencies themselves are set up to be a trustless system, but until we have a governance system in place for that kind of direct control, there has to be some leeway.
And I certainly trust them more than any central bank or other big financial institution in the world at the moment. I wouldn't invest most of my life savings into Dash if I thought otherwise.

Just to retrace back his argument, we were speaking about how we shouldn't be burning budget allocated DASH on high acquisition, low ROI marketing campaigns and other random events and simply let the excess be pushed into the dev team's budget so they would "explode"

Someone pointed out that they had already "exploded" and thus he made the comparison of slow updates to show that no out-of-this-world progress is being made exponentially with their current budget.

Moral of the story: Stop burning our budget money on petty budget suggestions.
As someone who experienced both software engineering and marketing worlds, I can tell you that one doesn't really work without the other in the long run.
So I think that "burning" our budget money on promotional activities is actually a good investment, as long as the proposals do make sense and are not just some front end for scamming money out of the network.

Lack of public updates creates uncertainty. Most of newcomers have no information about development process.
Despite of out of date roadmap it have lots of new definitions without any clear explanation: DAPI, ADAPI, DashDrive, "object support for users, groups, accounts" etc. What the hell is it? No explanation, no whitepaper, no code.
Dash whitepaper:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/5472261/Whitepaper

Some information about Evolution:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/39583757/Evolution

Here is the Evolution whitepaper, now already a bit old, but still relevant:
https://mega.nz/#!AfAWgAIB!WSfCVME2plWpSN-GzfVIiWucYvnxw7LqBq-j46Tahjs

As someone who experienced both software engineering and marketing worlds, I can tell you that one doesn't really work without the other in the long run.
So I think that "burning" our budget money on promotional activities is actually a good investment, as long as the proposals do make sense and are not just some front end for scamming money out of the network.

If you have good relations with someone from core team you should convince them to provide more public updates. So far i am one of the overwhelming majority of users (and MNO) that totally unaware of what is going on. And this uncertainty is affects my voting decisions. And not only my: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...stop-voting-on-dumb-sh-t-we-need-focus.17495/

If you have good relations with someone from core team you should convince them to provide more public updates. So far i am one of the overwhelming majority of users (and MNO) that totally unaware of what is going on. And this uncertainty is affects my voting decisions. And not only my: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...stop-voting-on-dumb-sh-t-we-need-focus.17495/
I don't have a direct relation to any of the core team, I'm just a masternode owner that follows all of the updates and tries to stay informed.

This issue has been raised a number of times before and the core team is aware of it.
I don't remember their response about the issue word for word, but as I recall, they said they will dedicate a person to putting updates out to the community, so there should be an improvement on this front soon.

If not, then I'm all for yelling their ears off, until the situation improves.

Looks amazing. I really hope that all the Evolution ideas will be implemented. Looks like it is going to be a completely new currency. And perhaps we could even meet DASH Classic sometime :)
Maybe i need to rethink my voting decisions.

In addition to updates posted in the forum, there are also detailed quarterly summaries along with an open Q&A posted on the dashpay YouTube channel, the most recent of which was just a few days ago:

Have you watched the quarterly report conference calls?

I see RGXDK never responded to my questions, so I will politely and respectfully ask again:

So, remember the part about a television thing with DashRacer? You haven't accounted for that in your math.

And again, it wasn't 90,000 when he got it, it was 30,000. You keep forgetting that part too. Why is that?

Did you actually read the proposal?

1 question how was 5k a month considered a decent escrow fee when that is 5.5% of your monthly draw?

Greencandle set their and my budget for this proposal. I'll let them respond.

However, I will say Greencandle and Dash AeroSports are engaged in a legally binding contract for our monthly payment in USD. GC is taking on risk exposure if Dash drops dramatically. Dash in my last proposal cycle dropped 50% value several times.

Besides my budget, this proposal format is GC and my team trying to find funding solutions for projects that require longer time horizons. Protection of the network and contractor. The network provides funding, but with controls and the contractor who utilizes large capital asset resources can spread his compensation over a longer timeframe than 1 month.

GC's fee would include the requirement of engaging the MN proposal voting system should our next proposal not pass. Their fee would cover the work required to get the Dash back into a productive and valuable purpose for the MNO's to vote on.

Thank you for the question and providing me a chance to type out or belief and desire to provide an example for future large asset proposals.

Back