• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Activating Masternode via SPORK

vovannovig

Good afternoon.
Tell me, please, where can you find the instruction manual SPORK?

There is one project in which
{
"SPORK_2_INSTANTSEND_ENABLED": true,
"SPORK_3_INSTANTSEND_BLOCK_FILTERING": true,
"SPORK_5_INSTANTSEND_MAX_VALUE": true,
"SPORK_8_MASTERNODE_PAYMENT_ENFORCEMENT": false,
"SPORK_9_SUPERBLOCKS_ENABLED": false,
"SPORK_10_MASTERNODE_PAY_UPDATED_NODES": false,
"SPORK_12_RECONSIDER_BLOCKS": true,
"SPORK_13_OLD_SUPERBLOCK_FLAG": false,
"SPORK_14_REQUIRE_SENTINEL_FLAG": false
}

{
"SPORK_2_INSTANTSEND_ENABLED": 0,
"SPORK_3_INSTANTSEND_BLOCK_FILTERING": 0,
"SPORK_5_INSTANTSEND_MAX_VALUE": 1000,
"SPORK_8_MASTERNODE_PAYMENT_ENFORCEMENT": 4070908800,
"SPORK_9_SUPERBLOCKS_ENABLED": 4070908800,
"SPORK_10_MASTERNODE_PAY_UPDATED_NODES": 4070908800,
"SPORK_12_RECONSIDER_BLOCKS": 0,
"SPORK_13_OLD_SUPERBLOCK_FLAG": 4070908800,
"SPORK_14_REQUIRE_SENTINEL_FLAG": 4070908800
}

How to enable MasterNode? Once again, I'm sorry, and thanks.

I do not understand how to manage it at all.
Give please the instruction or even better the example of the SPORK commands to activate MasterNode!

THANK YOU!

Really no one knows ???
It is written in the code how sporks are enabled. Cant you read the code? If yes, then why dont you read it?

Reading the code, is a service. If you cant read the law, you pay a lawyer to read it for you. If you cant read the code, you pay a programmer to read it for you.

Why someone to read the code for you? What you have to offer, in order for someone to help you? Do you think that the dash community is a charity and helps anyone, regardless of its incentives?

Last edited:
It is written in the code how sporks are enabled. Cant you read the code? If yes, then why dont you read it?

Reading the code, is a service. If you cant read the law, you pay a lawyer to read it for you. If you cant read the code, you pay a programmer to read it for you.

Why someone to read the code for you? What you have to offer, in order for someone to help you? Do you think that the dash community is a charity and helps anyone, regardless of its incentives?

I immediately wrote that I was interested in the description and examples of commands.

Please specify where exactly is the description?
I'll read it myself.
Thank you!

I immediately wrote that I was interested in the description and examples of commands.

Please specify where exactly is the description?
I'll read it myself.
Thank you!

As far as i know there is no description. Most of the dash code is undocumented. You have to be able to read the code directly. But you are lucky, they use readable names for their variables. They could obfuscate the names of the variables, and make the code even harder to read. But they didnt. Most of the code is readable. So start reading.

If you want to increase the chances for someone to help you for free, you have to explain your incentives, and the reason why you are searching the sporks.

Last edited:
I have an academic interest, I do not create a fork.
For this reason, I can not and will not pay for someone's services.

My question arose because my friends were running a test network and they could not configure SPORK to run MasterNode.

I know that SPORK is added to the latest versions, I know why, but I have not seen the description.

The search in the search engines (google) gave nothing.

I read the code, but I did not understand how to use it.

Many other projects are based on Dash and make his forks.
I am sure that this question interests many.

Good afternoon.
Tell me, please, where can you find the instruction manual SPORK?

There is one project in which
{
"SPORK_2_INSTANTSEND_ENABLED": true,
"SPORK_3_INSTANTSEND_BLOCK_FILTERING": true,
"SPORK_5_INSTANTSEND_MAX_VALUE": true,
"SPORK_8_MASTERNODE_PAYMENT_ENFORCEMENT": false,
"SPORK_9_SUPERBLOCKS_ENABLED": false,
"SPORK_10_MASTERNODE_PAY_UPDATED_NODES": false,
"SPORK_12_RECONSIDER_BLOCKS": true,
"SPORK_13_OLD_SUPERBLOCK_FLAG": false,
"SPORK_14_REQUIRE_SENTINEL_FLAG": false
}

{
"SPORK_2_INSTANTSEND_ENABLED": 0,
"SPORK_3_INSTANTSEND_BLOCK_FILTERING": 0,
"SPORK_5_INSTANTSEND_MAX_VALUE": 1000,
"SPORK_8_MASTERNODE_PAYMENT_ENFORCEMENT": 4070908800,
"SPORK_9_SUPERBLOCKS_ENABLED": 4070908800,
"SPORK_10_MASTERNODE_PAY_UPDATED_NODES": 4070908800,
"SPORK_12_RECONSIDER_BLOCKS": 0,
"SPORK_13_OLD_SUPERBLOCK_FLAG": 4070908800,
"SPORK_14_REQUIRE_SENTINEL_FLAG": 4070908800
}

How to enable MasterNode? Once again, I'm sorry, and thanks.

I do not understand how to manage it at all.
Give please the instruction or even better the example of the SPORK commands to activate MasterNode!

THANK YOU!

There is no need to have an instruction manual for sporks, they are not responsible for enabling your masternode. Sporks are conditions for the network, not for masternodes seperately.

To enable your masternode on Mainnet follow one of these guides :

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/113934340/Masternode+Setup
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies-updated-for-12-1.2680/

To enable your masternode on Testnet go here :

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/118162190/Masternodes+under+testnet

Sentinel : https://github.com/dashpay/sentinel/tree/core-v0.12.2.x

NOTE: Make sure you pulled Sentinel from `core-v0.12.2.x` branch and changed network to `testnet` in `sentinel.conf`. If you already have a mainnet masternode on the same server, do NOT run testnet masternode in the same datadir as your mainnet masternode (i.e. `.dashcore`). Create new folder specifically for testing (e.g. `.dashcore_test`) and make sure you use `-datadir=<yourtestnetdatadirhere>` cmd-line parameter for dashd and dash-cli. You'll also need a separate crontab line for testnet Sentinel. If you are not 100% sure what you are doing, I'd recommend setting up a new machine/instance for testing purposes only instead of reusing your mainnet server.

Last edited:
You sat in what is the problem?

In the test network, everything works, coins are obtained.

But there is a problem - the MasterNode of the node gets less and less with growth. See one PoW user all right, run 10 miners and MasterNode start getting very little!

Analyzing logs of view:
IsBlockPayeeValid - WARNING: forced payment execution in Masternode is disabled, accepting any payee.

We came to the conclusion that the problem of SPORK_8_MASTERNODE_PAYMENT_ENFORCEMENT is true !!!

How to make SPORK_8_MASTERNODE_PAYMENT_ENFORCEMENT true ???

As already mentioned academic interest is. Not for business.

Analyzing logs of view:
IsBlockPayeeValid - WARNING: forced payment execution in Masternode is disabled, accepting any payee.
We came to the conclusion that the problem of SPORK_8_MASTERNODE_PAYMENT_ENFORCEMENT is true !!!

So your academic institute, which has no name, has fierce interest in masternode payments.
Any other academic interests?

Last edited:

And if you discover a bug related to network randomness in masternodes payee selection, dont ask to @jimbursch to give you a bugcrowd reward for this. I deserve this reward , in case one day it is proved that it was a bug indeed. (Yes, yes, I know. My chances for this to be a real bug are non-existent as long as @UdjinM6 says so. But hope dies last...:p)

Last edited:
So your academic institute, which has no name, has fierce interest in masternode payments.
Any other academic interests?
You dont seem to have any other academic interests. Only masternode payments are important for you.
So let me trigger you. Why dont you investigate ways to improve Dash's governance system?

You dont seem to have any other academic interests. Only masternode payments are important for you.
So let me trigger you. Why dont you investigate ways to improve Dash's governance system?
I did not see a solution. Threw this problem.
Good mood to you all.

I did not see a solution. Threw this problem.
Good mood to you all.
Of course there is a solution. But in order for someone to help you for free, you have to reveal your real incentives.
Be honest. Say exactly what you want to accomplish, and what your real goals are.
Even if you say ''I want to be Caliph in the place of Caliph !!!'' you may still find people to help you for free (those who hate the Caliph).
Be honest. Nobody likes people who are lying or who are telling the half truth.

Last edited:
Hi vovannovig, welcome to Dash. I see you have met our resident troll already!

Sporks are used to enable and disable network features. They can be triggered by a message signed by multiple core team members at the moment, but there is talk of implementing the ability to overrule this through a masternode consensus vote. Normal users like yourself cannot change the status of a spork flag, even on testnet.

Hope this helps?

Sporks are used to enable and disable network features. They can be triggered by a message signed by multiple core team members at the moment, but there is talk of implementing the ability to overrule this through a masternode consensus vote. Normal users like yourself cannot change the status of a spork flag, even on testnet.

Hope this helps?
Yes thank you.
I understand that there is some password or key to accomplish this.

Hope this helps?
What are you talking about??? Of course normal users can change the status of a spork flag, in their own private masternodes network!!! We are talking here about a private masternodes network, which is tottaly controlled by @vovannovig and his friends. Of course they can initiate sporks there!

As you can see @vovannovig, in this world there are two main categories of persons. The rude trolls and the polite liars. :p

Welcome to Dash community @vovannovig. After meeting the trolls, you have also met our polite liars too! Your basic education is completed. Beware! The polite liars are too many over here, and much more dangerous than the rude trolls.

Last edited:
Look at chainparams.cpp for strSporkPubKey.
You need your own key pair.
To change sporks you need to provide valid private key in command line to dashd or dash-qt with param -sporkkey

Back