• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PRE Proposal: 36 + Dash ATM

Would you vote for this Proposal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Erm, people who have no experience with cryptos have likely already heard of BitCoin, if they aren't included in a machine that dispenses crypto, wouldn't that make them suspect something is wrong with Dash, I mean, Dash already has the competitive advantage when it comes to processing merchant transactions, it would be dumb not to include other cryptos as an option because you would be driving away BTC users and such from adopting Dash. When you have a superior tech, you aren't all that concerned with other crytpos being listed. Or am I missing something you have seen in your business crystal ball @Name3 ?

Sorry, I should have worded my concern better. I assumed bitcoin would be included, when I said other Cryptocurrency I was referring to other alt-coins. That is my mistake

Alt Thirty Six envisions the mass adoption of Dash in phases. Phase 1 consists of physical interaction with the currency through the use of an ATM. Being able to hold Dash, and then easily cash out without needing to arrange a transaction with another individual, is a great feature that the Dash network does not currently have. Our implementation process will begin with dispensaries, giving the ATMs exposure to a very open-minded population. Having the ATMs give the layperson the ability to see the “realness” of Dash. Whether we like it or not, the average person still believes digital currencies are either fakes, scams, or just dangerous to be in. By having potential future Dash users see the ATMs, and know they have the ability to cash out whenever they need to, is a very reassuring property for mass adoption.

Once users start to get more comfortable with Dash, through seeing/using the ATMs, they may find more digital means that suit their needs better (Phase 2). At this time, we will move the ATM location to those who are still uncomfortable with Dash and repeat the process. Alt Thirty Six wants to rapidly iterate this process until the Dash network grows to be the largest digital currency used by everyone, not only the technical minded.

Alt Thirty Six truly believes this is currently the best way to move towards mass adoption and stand by this proposal. Dash must be the first digital currency to capture the market share of the everyday person. Instead of waiting for a possibly better solution, we want to move forward with the current best solution and have Dash be the first digital currency to win over the general public.

I'm still not convinced on this model.
Do you envision these ATMs as being primarily used for buying Dash, or selling Dash, or both? Either way wouldn't people need to already have a mobile wallet in order to send or receive the coins? Having a physical machine seems like a completely unnecessary step in the business process.
Are the ATMs really a critical component of this whole setup without which the entire project falls apart? What would happen if this was *not* funded? If this is going to be metrics-driven, couldn't we at least do a pilot or something first? Nearly $400,000 for 30 ATMs plus another 100 grand for development is a gigantic expenditure and we have no data supporting the effectiveness of these. Couldn't we develop some really kickass mobile app to do everything an ATM could possibly do and then some, without being limited by physical location, for that kind of money?
You mentioned low fees (1%), which is great, but how is the exchange rate to be determined? I've seen too many crypto startups claiming to have low fees but they just artificially inflate the spot price to make up for it.

While i do think that ATMs are not a final solution to the problem of how to aquire the first dash i do think they will play a usefull intermedieat role. So you have my votes

Do you envision these ATMs as being primarily used for buying Dash, or selling Dash, or both? Either way wouldn't people need to already have a mobile wallet in order to send or receive the coins? Having a physical machine seems like a completely unnecessary step in the business process.
Are the ATMs really a critical component of this whole setup without which the entire project falls apart? What would happen if this was *not* funded? If this is going to be metrics-driven, couldn't we at least do a pilot or something first? Nearly $400,000 for 30 ATMs plus another 100 grand for development is a gigantic expenditure and we have no data supporting the effectiveness of these. Couldn't we develop some really kickass mobile app to do everything an ATM could possibly do and then some, without being limited by physical location, for that kind of money?
You mentioned low fees (1%), which is great, but how is the exchange rate to be determined? I've seen too many crypto startups claiming to have low fees but they just artificially inflate the spot price to make up for it.

Currently, most dispensaries do not have the ability to legally accept traditional payment cards (debit/credit), requiring customers to pay in cash for cannabis purchases. If we do not begin to facilitate the conversion of traditional cash payments via ATM, then the merchants will have no options to convert cash paying customers to Dash (majority of the current customers) when they arrive and will still be burdened with cash-handling activities and costs.

Enabling the customer to purchase Dash prior to arriving at the dispensary is our primary goal. However, given the payment card restrictions on cannabis/ digital currency, high fees associated with purchasing Dash via debit/credit (5-7%), and no current options for in-app/wallet ACH bank transfers, we (Alt Thirty Six) are starting by converting the cash-paying customers to Dash at the retail locations and enabling the merchants to incentivize customers for paying at the POS in Dash with the savings from cash-handling fees. We are providing the cash transportation services through our partnerships with armored transportation service providers, offsetting the burden of merchants handling and managing cash and/or servicing the ATMs.

Facilitating the mass adoption of a currency requires multiple strategies in parallel to address all scenarios in the customers’ buying journey. The end customer has the most power in the entire supply chain to encourage or hinder the adoption of a purchasing behavior. This has been seen with the introduction of Apple Pay and the extremely slow adoption of their mobile wallet. Changing the behavior from swiping a physical card to opening an app with a mobile phone requires multiple incentives for the customer. Until the Dash network successfully integrates the functionality into the mobile wallet to facilitate the transfer of funds via ACH, our ATM solution/self-kiosk checkout provides the most effective way to initially begin converting physical cash to Dash.

The pilot test is 30 ATM’s to ensure a successful launch of the 36 platform in merchant retail locations. Our goal is to strategically and effectively begin the conversion of an industry of over $20 billion in physical cash and that requires approaching the conversion at each point in the supply chain, beginning with the customers. With over 8800 current US cannabis dispensaries, scaling in the cannabis industry requires an aggressive roll-out targeting merchants, suppliers, vendors, and the end customers. As we begin to change the purchasing behaviors of the customers and if/when we sufficiently gain mass adoption of Dash in the cannabis industry, we anticipate the cash supplies to decrease, but not for a few years at the very least.

$500k is a significant investment, but not compared to the amount of time and effort required on our part to execute this project properly and the expected return in value to the Dash network. All funds we’ve requested have been and will be used, to add value to and increase the adoption of, the Dash network. We anticipate generating significant value for the Dash network through this (and future) projects and are consistently evaluating/reviewing our strategies with multiple company and industry advisors.

Each of the ATM’s will be integrated directly into our platform allowing us to integrate and work directly with multiple exchanges and brokerage firms. The conversion rates will be determined by a real-time weighted average across all the major exchanges.

USD to Dash, or Credit card to Dash, or Debit card to Dash is the big hurdle right now. So far as I know, we have yet to see a functional efficient mobile wallet method to turn 50 bucks of US cash or credit card, into Dash. I can see how the ATM bridges that gap.

As you correctly noted, the ATM's have to be efficient, not manipulating the exchange rate to surreptitiously tack on five bucks on a 50 dollar transaction.

I am on board on this one, however I have noticed that not everybody has faith or trust in the fact that ALT36 will deliver on their promises and some even suspect a scam(I personally would have voted for this if it was 1 to 10 long-shot).
I strongly suggest that that some pictures, maybe some video's as well that will display these 13.000 dollar costing machines are actually bought and installed.

I believe that ALT36 and Dashforcenews can work together on this.This will generate some publicity, and work towards gaining trust in ALT36. Personally I think ALT36 should have already done that.

I am on board on this one, however I have noticed that not everybody has faith or trust in the fact that ALT36 will deliver on their promises and some even suspect a scam(I personally would have voted for this if it was 1 to 10 long-shot).
I strongly suggest that that some pictures, maybe some video's as well that will display these 13.000 dollar costing machines are actually bought and installed.

I believe that ALT36 and Dashforcenews can work together on this.This will generate some publicity, and work towards gaining trust in ALT36. Personally I think ALT36 should have already done that.

It is unfortunate that some people suspect us to be a scam. We are in constant communication with Dash Core members and the Dash Project Manager on our progress of the 36 platform. These individuals have validated we are on target and successfully completing our deliverables for the project.

For the ATM network, Alt Thirty Six will provide monthly updates as well. This includes, but is not limited to, proof of delivery, proof of implementation, development progress, testing progress, etc.

We want to keep the network involved with the process as much as possible. Lastly, we are open to working with various news sites to generate publicity.

It is unfortunate that some people suspect us to be a scam. We are in constant communication with Dash Core members and the Dash Project Manager on our progress of the 36 platform. These individuals have validated we are on target and successfully completing our deliverables for the project.

For the ATM network, Alt Thirty Six will provide monthly updates as well. This includes, but is not limited to, proof of delivery, proof of implementation, development progress, testing progress, etc.

We want to keep the network involved with the process as much as possible. Lastly, we are open to working with various news sites to generate publicity.
It's not that you are a scam in any way but that you don't seem to have a face to the community. There is no community manager or communicator that is well known. Many people trust core but there should be a little more communication as in video interviews, the updates on the forum is not enough anymore. Especially for a project this size.

You are doing more outreach soon, with the events etc. I try to keep up with as much as possible but if i walked up to your booth i would have no idea who is who. The parts of the community that have met like at the open house was before you became more involved (i think). And i don't expect you guys will be going to the London Conference. Perhaps you should invite Scott over with Dash Aerosports as he is great at this sort of thing.

I'd love to come out to one of the events and even help but I have no idea how you plan to interact with the community. It seems to be a separate division of dash even from core with its own needs. With video you start to at least get a summary of what is going on. Following the forums and having to read everything is a lot more info to digest and sort through. Hope this helps. Thanks

And just to add to that, I like the Dash Core team very much. And I trust them very much. And they vouch for you, which is good. But it is the Masternode community that votes yes or no. Throw us a bone. Give us some more attention and more information/feedback. We write the checks.

It's not that you are a scam in any way but that you don't seem to have a face to the community. There is no community manager or communicator that is well known. Many people trust core but there should be a little more communication as in video interviews, the updates on the forum is not enough anymore. Especially for a project this size.

You are doing more outreach soon, with the events etc. I try to keep up with as much as possible but if i walked up to your booth i would have no idea who is who. The parts of the community that have met like at the open house was before you became more involved (i think). And i don't expect you guys will be going to the London Conference. Perhaps you should invite Scott over with Dash Aerosports as he is great at this sort of thing.

I'd love to come out to one of the events and even help but I have no idea how you plan to interact with the community. It seems to be a separate division of dash even from core with its own needs. With video you start to at least get a summary of what is going on. Following the forums and having to read everything is a lot more info to digest and sort through. Hope this helps. Thanks

Thank you for your feedback and continuous support. We have been having internal discussions about how to better communicate with the broader network. We are looking into starting various channels of communications such as:
  1. Video product updates
  2. “Get to Know the Team” videos
  3. Podcasts
  4. Starting a public slack channel for Q/A
  5. Blog posts

Alt Thirty Six strives to be as transparent to the Dash network as possible. Inherently, we work with many NDAs and private information that we cannot give updates on due to obvious reasons. However, all updates that we can reasonably/legally give out, we will definitely make available.

Those are all good ways communicate but I think its good to expand beyond just product updates, especially with NDA. You could talk about what is happening in the industry from a wider perspective, and those challenges/solutions (and what tactics others are using). Many of us are enthusiasts and enjoy talk about anything in this sphere. A good example is when one of the core team guys jumps on to the dash force 3 amigos. They don't necessarily give any updates but they are providing other value etc.

I've never seen much issue because you guys do very well laid out communication and that is not easy. It is fairly professional. But MNO's are a very diverse group and some of them don't understand how business works because they have never done it or been involved. I think its all too easy to lose that perspective.

FWIW, I strongly support crypto efforts to help the cannabis industry overcome banking obstacles.

[ignore]But I too would appreciate knowing more about the individuals involved in this proposal. Perhaps video interviews with Dash newsmedia would help.[/ignore]

Edit: Please ignore the second sentence. I now see that you are doing that and more.

Are there any updates on this proposal?

I recently read this article which goes into detail about the intial launch of your main product, but there was no ATM update.

Could you fill us in on what has been happening the last few months?

Hey guys, great proposal!

Although I believe that its a big up-front investment, maybe this could work as pilot trial for the massive adoption of DASH atms.

Cheers

Are there any updates on this proposal?

I recently read this article which goes into detail about the intial launch of your main product, but there was no ATM update.

Could you fill us in on what has been happening the last few months?

Does anyone have a way that I can get in touch with ALT-36 where they will actually answer my question?

Do you have any idea of industries you would hit beyond dispensaries? I am assuming they are not the only business with trouble accessing banking, but I would like to know more about your long-term goals and business plan.

Back