• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Dash conference - Venezuela

Would you fund this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 84 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • I do not know, I need more information

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
Hello, thank you so much.

However, it seems I will not be able to do it, for my proposal payout adress is on Jaxx wallet, and acording to this article: Jaxx (no signing possible, no support for ERC20).

But I am sure this new feature will be very helpful for future proposal owners. And I know better from now on.

Thanks again.

In Jaxx: Menu -> Tools -> Display private keys -> wait... -> I understand -> Display Dash Keys -> wait... -> find the address (XjYbZnuGPEjuwfVWYLdxmdEmHZf8gFMHYr) and copy corresponding private key (Xwhateverlongstringthereisunderprivatekeylabel)

In Dash Core: Tools -> Debug console -> type
Code:
importprivkey Xwhateverlongstringthereisunderprivatekeylabel "" false

The last thing should import private key without blockchain rescan (to save you some time), so your balance won't be updated, don't be alarmed. But now you should be able to use Dash Core to sign the message. If this wallet was a brand new one I would strongly advise to encrypt it with a passphrase (Settings -> Encrypt wallet) and rescan it if you want your balance updated (via Tools -> Wallet Repair tab). Or rather delete wallet.dat permanently if you prefer to use Jaxx only.

Hi, everyone.

My graphic designer is asking me to give her the graphic elements of DASH as a brand (logos, typography), if possible in vectorized images, in order to make the pieces for the campaing of the events.

Anyone know where can I have access to that?

Thanks.

1RST PROPOSAL UPDATE + ADVICE NEEDED

Hello, everybody.

First, let me say that I am very happy and grateful for the support that the DASH community has given to this proposal. I really think this will be a win-win kind of deal and I am very pleased to be part of the beginning of the Venezuela / DASH relationship.

I have created a Project Document (in English) in a project management platform called Wrike. If anyone wants to take a look, click here.

Regarding marketing and publicity of the event, I haved hired Reptilia Agency (IG: @reptiliagram) and there I am working directly with Luis Iran Reyes (IG: @luisiran) and Jelena Ardila (IG: @jelenaardilav). Very talented couple, and they are thrilled to work in this project. They have not heard of DASH before, and knew close to nothing about cryptocurrencies.

They already delivered part of the key visuals, and are working on a press tour and a Facebook and Instagram campaing that is going to be released about 3 weeks before the conference.

Talking about press, I have contacted several crypto-blogs in Spanish and a couple based in Venezuela. One of them, DiarioBitcoin.com released an article talking about the proposal, and it got reposted by SobreBitcoin.com.

In both publications, as well as in @dashcaracas Social Media, readers can find a link to pre-inscribe to the conference. Already, we have more than 45 people that have completed the form saying they want to attend, and they all get this email in response (I show you first in Spanish, then I traslated it for you into English, scroll down :) ).

Here I leave you some of peoples coments when they signed up:

• I am starting to mine and I am very interested in mining Dash
  • Excellent initiative ... I am very interested in this topic, as a Venezuelan I feel that we are at a stage in which we must fight and face our tough economy
  • Excellent idea, remembering the Venezuelans.
  • I am interested in this information because I have benn investing in cryptocurrencies for some time now.
  • I would like to know if the conference will talk about the mining of dash and its profitability.
  • I have been working with cryptocurrencies since December 2016 and I have been waiting for a conference about this in my country to attend, I want to be a person with a big knowledge of this subject to be able to work more in it, thanks.
  • I want to know about the MasterNodes.
  • Very attentive to this new investment option

5 of the +45 that completed the form said they want to be lecturers, so we sent them this other email.

As to the first speaker, I have selected the founder of a Venezuelan blog about cryptocurrencies, and I have send himm a copy of this contract. Once he signs it I will tell you who he is.

ADVICE NEEDED HERE:

I am also working on planning the workshop that comes after the conference, this is when I will give away DASH and also when the entrepreneurs can help us come up with ideas about how to get DASH to number 1 in Venezuela, and how can DASH help the economy in Venezuela.

If you have any suggestions about the logistics for the wallet installation and giveaway, please give me some advice. I am kind of worried about how to manage that with such a large group.

Well, next week I will tell you some more.

See you later :)

We used this cards so people could download the wallet and they could write and keep safe in their fisical wallet their "Key"

I recomend you to do the downloads at the begging of the conference, so you just pay the DASH at the workshop

20170713_090947.jpg

Can anyone else give me any other piece of advice?
Is important to have some open websites or publications of your event. Meaning a site that people can easily find your event, this could be a Meetup.com page, or something along those lines. If you want to overshare like having a blog of the event that keeps everyone on point following the updates and changes is also valid. And if you want to go the extra mile, try to get more people involved in the process, you are the face of the event, but maybe you might consider involving other people as well as sort of give the look that this is more than 1 person effort and also to give more trust that this event is being dealt from people that know what they are doing, or at least people that believe in DASH.

Also the DASH network actually want to see more people participate on the various social sites like slack, telegram and others so seen people referring you can also indirectly prove that an event in VZLA is a good idea. We can also serve as a communication platform for your project by doing some interviews in the future where you can give project updates, and such.

Hi, @JZA

Thanks for reading and for your valuable advice, as always.

Being interviewed in DASH Español would be both helpful and AWSOME :)

Actually, what I need advice about is this:

ADVICE NEEDED HERE:

I am also working on planning the workshop that comes after the conference, this is when I will give away DASH and also when the entrepreneurs can help us come up with ideas about how to get DASH to number 1 in Venezuela, and how can DASH help the economy in Venezuela.

If you have any suggestions about the logistics for the wallet installation and giveaway, please give me some advice. I am kind of worried about how to manage that with such a large group.

Any thoughts?

Hi, @JZA

Thanks for reading and for your valuable advice, as always.

Being interviewed in DASH Español would be both helpful and AWSOME :)

Actually, what I need advice about is this:

Any thoughts?
Well yes, if there is a large group you might need to use a bootstrap blockchain, that means a ~/.dashcore/blocks and ~/.dashcore/chainstate zip file that can get their dashcore wallets to a 95% sync from the get go. For more information on how to install a bootsrapped backup look for this tutorial.

Back