• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Dash conference - Venezuela

Would you fund this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 84 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • I do not know, I need more information

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
21463375_10154881353446765_2355913791110242693_n.jpg

Mentioned in YouTube channel: Crypto Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avmaYRy8luw&feature=share

Reactions: JZA
we should hire this crypto tips lady now that amanda is not actively involved with dash :)
I think we turned her down before. We should reach out to her to re apply. However, on the other hand, Dash Force News are doing a Sterling job anyway.

But, there again, having a smart and attractive female presenter is pretty cool too :)

I think we turned her down before. We should reach out to her to re apply. However, on the other hand, Dash Force News are doing a Sterling job anyway.

But, there again, having a smart and attractive female presenter is pretty cool too :)

Certainly, a woman's touch would be a nice balance for all the guy energy in Dash Force News :)

Hello, everyone.

A week from now we will have our first DASH conference in Caracas - Venezuela (tuesday September 19th 2017).

We have been doing a press tour to promote the event, with this results:

Radio interviews: 7
TV interviews: 2
YouTube mentions and interviews: 3
Mentions or interviews on articles: 15
28 new wallets opened with 5 USD in DASH giveaways in the press tour.

We have printed out POP material (stickers and t-shirts) so people can buy them in the event using DASH, and we have invited a Non-Profit Organisation to be there and accept donations in DASH.

Our goal for this conference was to have 80 participants. We hired a conference room with a 120 people capacity, just in case.

And so far, over 750 people have pre-registered!!!

21728294_10154885199696765_7707600163576362440_n.jpg

The response has been overwhelming. Venezuelan people are really hungry for this knowledge.

So, I have been thinking about repeating the first conference in a bigger conference room, for 600 hundred people, in october, and resume the one year plan in november. This is because there is to many people who wants to participate and I would not want to leave them out of it.

Besides the bigger room, I would have to hire a team to help me produce such a big event.

• An event producer.
  • A community manager.
  • Logistics assistants.

I will prepare a detailed budget and present it in a few days before I submit a new proposal, but I would like to hear your thoughts so far.

Thank you very much...

Tomorrow will take place the first DASH Conference in Caracas Venezuela, with:

• 120 participants
  • 1 speaker, Jaime Sandoval, @srpoliloco on Twitter
  • 1 invited artist (surf painter) who accepts Dash, @ronaldartx on Instagram
  • 1 invited non-profit organization that accepts Dash, @regalaunjajaja on Instagram
  • 10 special guest from the Press.
  • Over 15 staff members.

The event will start at 9am and will end at 11am (Caracas time).

You are all invited to follow what is going on using the hashtag #dashccs on Twitter.

Hey @Tanner

I invite you to read and participate in this thread.

Congratulations on the successful conference. You've clearly got talent for marketing, networking and generally getting things done. I've had a concept that may or may not be helpful to dash development in Venezuela and I think you would be the perfect person to do it if you were inclined to do so. Feel free to ignore it :) So here it goes:

I've always felt that dash needed a more targeted approach at a specific local to go about creating network effects and merchant acceptance/retail usage.

If a payment company signs a new merchant there are typically rewards for the merchant and the person who signs the merchant. For example, someone at Apple pay signs 711, then 711 gets paid some money from apple and the person who signs 711 gets a bonus.

What if there was a targeted campaign for Venezuelan merchants with a signing bonus for the person who signs a company and the company as well as some small give away to their customers.

For example: A tier 3 merchant would be a local shop inside of a targeted zip code and gets x dash and the signer gets y dash and they can do a giveaway in the shop or something.
A tier 2 would be a supermarket and would receive more on both ends
A tier 1 would be a chain store or airline etc. And would again be more bonuses on both ends for the company and signer.

There could be a monthly cap on how much is available to be given out and possibly prioritize higher tier businesses/non-profits. Could also be an open "bounty" for signing merchants or simply start with local shops near the conferences.

Every payment network has paid for network effects and I'm sure the community doesn't mind paying for some network effects or doing giveaways to prime the pump as long as there is a context(they've done air drops without a context) and I think Caracas is perfect place because even the hardest critic of crypto concedes the obvious need for it in Venezuela. The price for paying for network effects seems to be within Dash's budget. I really think adding the profit motive into merchant acceptance as well as for someone working to sign merchants added with some giveaways to their customers could really take off, however local knowledge would know best.

Congratulations on the successful conference. You've clearly got talent for marketing, networking and generally getting things done. I've had a concept that may or may not be helpful to dash development in Venezuela and I think you would be the perfect person to do it if you were inclined to do so. .

Hello, @Tanner Thank you very much for taking the time to share this idea... I think it is really good, I think I am not the person to do it, but I am the person to find the person to do it :)

Actually, ever since the conference last tuesday, I have been reached for a few people with proposals ideas, and I have been giving them some counseling. Also, I have been having some ideas and I am looking for qualified people to take them into action.

There are 3 ideas I think that are very important.

1) Get door to door couriers to accept DASH, that would be a great solution for Venezuelans that want to buy stuff in Amazon, as an example. Remember Venezuelan people does not have free acces to foreing currencies.

2) Get www.MercadoLibre.com to accept DASH. This is a marketplace for online commerce in Venezuela and other LATAM countries.

3) Make https://www.dashous.com/ and/or https://dashnearby.com/ popular in Venezuela

That would give us acces to almost everything we need.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Hello, everyone.

Last tuesday, september the 19th, took place the first DASH Conference in Caracas Venezuela, entitled "What is the blockchain technology and what are cryptocurrencies".

The turnout was MUCH MORE than expected. We initially aimed for 80 people, but soon realized we had underestimated people's interest in the subject, there are more than 1,000 people that have pre-registered for the conferences. We confirmed 120 people, but actually near 170 showed up, so we had to make quick arrangements in the conference hall so they could participate.

We had a staff team receiving the attendees, and giving them a folder with a sheets to take notes, a pen, an instructive to set up their Dash Wallets, and a paper wallets with 10 USD in Dash.

Then they got into the hall, where they watched a welcome video, where thay also got instructions for their wallets (phone and paper)

They also could interact with our invited artist @ronaldartx (Instagram) who accepts Dash for his artwork and who also made Dash stickers and sold them during the event (accepting only Dash, of course).

Also they got to know @regalaunjajaja the first Venezuelan non-profit organization to accept donations in Dash

Afterwards, they listened to the conference given by @srpoliloco, about what is blockchain technology and what are cryptocurrencies, and had a Q&A round.

Then they enjoyed coffee and cupcakes while they did some networking.

And finally, I spoke about Dash's features and governance system, and I lead a innovation group exercise, where they generated ideas by answering the following question:

How to establish a win-win relationship between Venezuela and Dash from entrepreneurship?

They shared their ideas on Twitter, using the hashtag #dashccs, some may have used #dashcaracas

You can see pictures of the event here:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/dashcaracas/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1778179255812918

Back