• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

mining on testnet

Juj

hi,

I am new to crypto, and I want to start mining on testnet, can anyone give some guidance?

thanks

Start the full client with the testnet option:
Code:
 ./dashd -testnet

Open the debug console and tell the client to start mining:
Code:
 setgenerate true

That's about all that's needed, you can set testnet in dash.conf either or do it all from the command line, passing " --help " to dashd will give a full list of options and running " dash-cli help " will give all the commands for a running client and further help on each option, " dash-cli help setgenerate " for example.

Start the full client with the testnet option:
Code:
 ./dashd -testnet

Open the debug console and tell the client to start mining:
Code:
 setgenerate true

That's about all that's needed, you can set testnet in dash.conf either or do it all from the command line, passing " --help " to dashd will give a full list of options and running " dash-cli help " will give all the commands for a running client and further help on each option, " dash-cli help setgenerate " for example.

thanks you, I will start messing around with it.

hello again,

i can switching the wallet to production mode or test mode by changing the config file.
therefore, it come to me with some questions:
1) are they sharing a same wallet?
2) will the real dash get messed up with the test dash?
3) should i encrypt/backup the test dash wallet if they are different?

thanks

hello again,

i can switching the wallet to production mode or test mode by changing the config file.
therefore, it come to me with some questions:
1) are they sharing a same wallet?
2) will the real dash get messed up with the test dash?
3) should i encrypt/backup the test dash wallet if they are different?

thanks

No, different wallet and most other files, the only one shared is dash.conf iirc. All the others should be in the testnet3 folder in the Dash data directory.
No, Dash and tDash are entirely seperate
No point encrypting the testnet wallet.dat but it won't cause any problems.

You can include the setgenerate command in dash.conf too if you want the client to mine at startup, forgot to mention earlier. You can also run both clients simultaneously on the same machine with no issues, launch one normally and the other passing -testnet

Back