• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Baikal New miner Giant-A900 Now open for sale

Why would anyone want to "try Alibaba"? If the manufacturer has been out of them for awhile eith the craze going on right now
you can be sure none of the resellers have any, they will hold your money until they become available at the factory buy 2 with
your money and send you one. Don't believe anyone on Alibaba can deliver, and don't pay their markup.

If all on Alibaba were scumbags, would it be any sense in existence of their website at all? I know that's a lot of problems in cooperation. I just want to incite some local intermediaries. Maybe they could find out anything. And it's not about new devices. Many used were sold last times and seems to be working good.

Although I have had more than my share of problems I am certainly not calling any of the seller's scum bags, However you will most likely
find just as I said no one has any for sale, if you do find someone with some used units please let us all know they would be gone instantly I am sure

Every time I try one of the places that are supposed to multi mine with my giant 900 the blue lights flash and
it takes a greaqt bit of messing around with it to even get it going again @ coinmine tried nace hash and hub
I am afraid I may not get it going again sometimes. took 3 hours to get back online after trying for hours to get
it multi mining at the hub, it was online but showing 0 hashing.
When wrong algorithm is selected for a chosen pool (e.g. X11 in case of Quark), miner will appear up, while no hash rate will be contributed in pool at all. Try with proper settings (e.g. X11 in case of Dash on nicehash).

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone!!
I have looked around and i can not find the amperage draw for the baikal A900.
Can anyone give me a ruff idea please.
Thanks.

The power draw is ~225W, which si probably what you want to calculate how much you're paying for electricity or which power supply to get.

I purchased the LITEON psu from eastshore. On the label it states input 100-240v~ . 50/60 Hz 9.5A-5.0A. So I guess i just answered my own question.
If the power supply that eastshore sells for the baikal A900 is "9.5A-5.0A" then i should be fine.
Why I ask is, first i'm 1/2 crazy. 2nd i don't use my house dryer outlet( well maybe a little but thats is very little ). I want to put all my miners in one room so i had purchased enuff 50A cable to plug in at the socket and run it thru the attic to the back room. Not wanting to start any fires as i will also hookup an antminer that needs 220 so i guess i'll be ok as the dryer uses 30A.
Does anyone think that a 50A cord is overkill? or may cause any problems?
Thank you

I'm looking at getting one from Susan from Alibaba site
fyi, didnt end up getting one from Susan on Alibaba, cz 1. attitude not very welcoming, and 2. feels a little dodgey, hence got a unit of Giant+ from Baikal in the end.
Really good guys.
Something wrong with the ip settings, don't know what, but shipped it back for their testing, and hopefully will get it in a couple of hrs.

fyi, didnt end up getting one from Susan on Alibaba, cz 1. attitude not very welcoming, and 2. feels a little dodgey, hence got a unit of Giant+ from Baikal in the end.
Really good guys.
Something wrong with the ip settings, don't know what, but shipped it back for their testing, and hopefully will get it in a couple of hrs.

I think I know which Susan you're talking about. She's also on WeChat. I agree she's somewhat dodgey and not very trust inspiring.
You would've troubleshot first with the forum instead of sending it back. I've had my fair share of troubleshooting with the Giants. You don't know when you're going to get it back, and time isn't on our side, especially when dealing with Giants.
I've noticed that most of the problems come from the Orange Pi controller and/or its SD card. Make sure it's class 10. If it's something with the IP settings, like you're not seeing it with Advanced IP Scanner or similar, you should've ordered an Orange Pi online - costs $20, probably less than what you paid for shipping the Giant back to China and definitely less than the downtime for your Giant.

I think I know which Susan you're talking about. She's also on WeChat. I agree she's somewhat dodgey and not very trust inspiring.
You would've troubleshot first with the forum instead of sending it back. I've had my fair share of troubleshooting with the Giants. You don't know when you're going to get it back, and time isn't on our side, especially when dealing with Giants.
I've noticed that most of the problems come from the Orange Pi controller and/or its SD card. Make sure it's class 10. If it's something with the IP settings, like you're not seeing it with Advanced IP Scanner or similar, you should've ordered an Orange Pi online - costs $20, probably less than what you paid for shipping the Giant back to China and definitely less than the downtime for your Giant.
you are certainly right regarding to the opportunity cost.

But i'm currently located in China, so the postal fee is acceptable. It's $20 back and forth. And it only took them 3 days in total to get me new one.

So apparently, they sent out a new + configured one to me. And to be honest, i have slight feeling that there was nothing with the original one, but something wrong with our router. I had a modem/router kind of thing from the internet provider, it normally provides wifi and stuff to my phone. but just in case, I bought myself a brand new router, costing me $15. And all i did was to plug the new machine into the router and it automatically assign a legit ip address to the Giant+.
upload_2017-8-2_11-49-28.png

It's now been working for 16 hrs, and got me 0.1 Dash.

This is the other problem i had, I started it up at 4pm yesterday, and it hasn't made me any Dash until midnight. It kept on saying at the Predicted payout as "no shares yet".
I guess this is just the PPLNS feature, where i just had to wait for a few hours for my shares to be delivered to the node?

Glad you have it working! Oh well, if you love in the same country then that's a different story. Lucky you!

So 0.1 Dash every 16 hours translates to 2 Dash/month, which is almost what my old Giant makes on Coinmine. You probably want to switch it to that pool and test of you het higher rewards.

Yes, you do have to wait for a specific amount of shares on your pool before they make the deposit. I think when I was in a P2pool 0.1 Dash was also the quantity that when reached you'll get paid out.

Glad you have it working! Oh well, if you love in the same country then that's a different story. Lucky you!

So 0.1 Dash every 16 hours translates to 2 Dash/month, which is almost what my old Giant makes on Coinmine. You probably want to switch it to that pool and test of you het higher rewards.

Yes, you do have to wait for a specific amount of shares on your pool before they make the deposit. I think when I was in a P2pool 0.1 Dash was also the quantity that when reached you'll get paid out.

Dude.... where did you learn your maths, lol, lmao.

30x24=720/16=45x0.1=4.5Dash/month

Hello, I'm new on this forum, I have a baikal a2000 + noo I have a problem.
I got it new, but it was not quite so, I bought it for aliexpress, it was in perfect condition but not new, immediately the problems started. All in order.
the computer and the scanner did not see the baikal, then I started the bike and set up the pools.
everything worked fine and I was happy, but only 3 hours, after that the bike stopped working and the lights blinked blue.
after that I again started the bike, but again after 3-4 hours he lost the connection.
I thought that the problem was in the router, but I replaced 3 different routers and the problem remained.
After that I replaced the memory card and updated it with the latest firmware
Orange pi.
but it did not help, baikal still loses the network after 3-4 hours
work.
what could be the reason, I wanted to completely update the bike but I can not find the files.
1. dfu-util.exe (на основе протокола USB DFU (Device Firmware Utility)
Flash-консоль.)
2. update_firmware_giant plus.bat (пакетный файл обновления прошивки)
3. zadig_2.1.2.exe (Установщик драйверов USB)
4. baikal_Giant Plus.bin (двоичное изображение встроенного программного обеспечения)

Someone can help me.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new on this forum, I have a baikal a2000 + noo I have a problem.
I got it new, but it was not quite so, I bought it for aliexpress, it was in perfect condition but not new, immediately the problems started. All in order.
the computer and the scanner did not see the baikal, then I started the bike and set up the pools.
everything worked fine and I was happy, but only 3 hours, after that the bike stopped working and the lights blinked blue.
after that I again started the bike, but again after 3-4 hours he lost the connection.
I thought that the problem was in the router, but I replaced 3 different routers and the problem remained.
After that I replaced the memory card and updated it with the latest firmware
Orange pi.
but it did not help, baikal still loses the network after 3-4 hours
work.
what could be the reason, I wanted to completely update the bike but I can not find the files.
1. dfu-util.exe (на основе протокола USB DFU (Device Firmware Utility)
Flash-консоль.)
2. update_firmware_giant plus.bat (пакетный файл обновления прошивки)
3. zadig_2.1.2.exe (Установщик драйверов USB)
4. baikal_Giant Plus.bin (двоичное изображение встроенного программного обеспечения)

Someone can help me.

I am having the exact same problem. Thought it was the router and it is not. For some reason every couple hours the lights are blinking and the minor is down. Must physically power off and back on and everything works fine for a few hours.

Anybody have any ideas whatsoever?

Hello, I solved this problem, I tried 3 different routers, but the problem was not solved, after that I replaced orange pi, but the problem remained, I used 3 different SD memory cards, but the problem remained.
And finally, when I replaced the power supply with a more powerful one, the problem disappeared.:)
now I have no problems.
the baikal works, so I changed the time, I used the time of Hong Kong, after that I saved the configuration of the baikal and hammered my address pool, now it works well.:)
sorry, I do not understand English well, only 50%:D

Hello, I solved this problem, I tried 3 different routers, but the problem was not solved, after that I replaced orange pi, but the problem remained, I used 3 different SD memory cards, but the problem remained.
And finally, when I replaced the power supply with a more powerful one, the problem disappeared.:)
now I have no problems.
the baikal works, so I changed the time, I used the time of Hong Kong, after that I saved the configuration of the baikal and hammered my address pool, now it works well.:)

No your English is quite well and thank you for the reply. The power supply that came with it I don't believe works in the USA. I am using an EnerMax 1500 watt desktop power supply
now I have no problems.

No your English is very good and thank you for your quick reply. The power supply that came with the unit does not seem to work in the USA. Therefore I am using a Enermax · ATX, EPS · 1,500 watt output · 80 PLUS Gold · Modular with 1 rail for each of the 2 miners. Entire system is drawing no more than 450 Watts and running nice and cool.

With that said do you think it still could be this power supply?

now I have no problems.

Thanks for sharing your solution. I got shipped a miner with a power supply that wouldn't even turn the Orange Pi on, so it was a bit obvious what the solution would have been.

Yesterday, though, it seems that one of the 2 boards of my Giant is greyed-out / inactive. I've tried rebooting (multiple times), change the master/slave configuration of the boards, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm not sure what else to try here...

Back