• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: DashTreasury.org - Taking Dash to #1

abob54

Hello fellow MNO's -

After a couple months of discovery and development, we are ready to launch DashTreasury.org, a site which aims to vastly increase the benefit Dash derives from its treasury fund. The treasury system is Dash's engine for growth that will give it the power to blast to #1. We believe that if the treasury fund is spent professionally, aggressively, and wisely, that Dash will continue to overstep its competition until Dash is accepted as the transactional currency of choice around the world.

We have all witnessed missteps that the treasury board has taken, but we consider those to be growing pains and learning experiences. Going forward, it is our goal that the treasury funds be used to increase the price of Dash in an aggressive, strategic manner. While Dash's retail product, Evolution, is not yet here, the cryptocurrency market is in a land-grab funding stage. It is in this stage that we need to garner as much funding and positive attention as possible.

At this time, we are not asking for any funding, except to reimburse us for this 5 Dash fee. In the future, as we add features and staffing, we will post separate proposals for funding as needed. This proposal is to gauge support and accept suggestions for additional features.

DashTreasury.org aims to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Dash treasury fund by accomplishing several goals:

-Holding past proposal owners accountable. Following up to make sure services are provided and goals are met.

-Increasing the amount of high quality pre-proposals received. Let's see a bigger slice of what's for sale, then pick from the very best.

-Subsidizing "Open Bounties" which have specific strategic benefit to Dash.

-Collecting expert analysis of specific Dash proposals.

-Publicizing Dash Success Stories to win mainstream press attention.

-Proactively soliciting updates from funded proposal owners and offering professional assistance when needed.

-Helping to launch "micro proposals" for small jobs with high ROI.

-Thorough vetting of new proposals to help separate the wheat from the chaff.

Thanks very much for your support. We are completely open to any suggestions that this community has to offer. If you would like to contribute to these goals, please contact us. We're building a team.

We will not stop until Dash is #1. You can count on that.

dashtreasuryscreenshot.png

Great work! You of course have my votes to get the proposal funds back.

Also very curious on how you could collaborate with @Biltong on this idea.

This would be perfect to combine with the proposal review committee, and perhaps a post-proposal review committee.

Thanks very much for the support on this. We've had some great conversations with a lot MNOs in the last 24 hours who are going to have a lot to contribute to the effort. Right at this juncture, the most helpful thing would be for MNOs to invest a little of their spare time in matching past proposals with actual work performed. Any details such as view#s, links to completed projects, etc. can reveal if the task was performed. For ongoing proposals or proposals where the owner is still reachable, it's especially valuable. We believe that this first step in accountability will incrementally raise the quality of proposals, updates, and ultimately the deliverable.

Some past proposal owners are starting to give extra updates and even offering to complete neglected or semi-completed past projects. The current pre-proposal owners have been adding requested pieces of extra information, too, which is a good solid start on a long road. It's just a start, but it's really, really encouraging so far.

Hello @abob54

Firstly the website looks great. Congrats, it looks like a lot of hard work has gone in to it. Very impressive.

Can you tell me who are you? can you tell me more about yourself? are you on slack?

Due to some previous proposals that have not gone to plan in your website terms "Dash Delinquents" I always like to do my due diligence when looking at new proposals especially from new proposal owners.

Can you please tell me a bit more about who/whom you are?

As somethings not adding up for me. You do not appear to be on slack. So I can only go by history of reddit. https://www.reddit.com/user/abob54 which is only 3 months old, has a few comments then complete silence then a burst of activity from 5 days a go?

It's like a ghost account come out of no where. Please do not misunderstand me, I'm not attacking you. I just would kindly like to ask more information about the individual/s who are behind this project as that is who the community is putting their trust in. As a content creator for Dash Force News it's my responsibility to ask the hard and difficult questions on behalf of the community.

Your proposal and website is so instrumental in terms of the treasury model and *even* the responsibility of reviewing other proposals. I thinks it's only fair you reveal your identity for transparency as it's such a monumental responsibility that is at the very core of our governance model.

You account https://www.dash.org/forum/members/abob54.13778/ is brand new. Yet i'm told you're a Masternode Owner that only joined dash forums on Saturday? o_O

At the moment in my eyes, i can only speculate it's a "sockpuppet" account or something to conceal your true identity. My spider-senses are tingling. It's like an itch I can't scratch. There has to be more to the story here...... Surely I'm not the only one to think this?.......

Also you're working with @dashdisciple correct? and I've been told is a Masternode Owner as well. However even https://www.reddit.com/user/dashdisciple has been on reddit for 17 days and Dash Forum account is *less* than a month old https://www.dash.org/forum/members/dashdisciple.13423/

Yet I'm led to believe your both Masternode Owners?..... This is not to criticize I have no problem with the site or content of proposal. It's just I want to know who i'm putting my trust in here. It's critical the community researches and get these answers before putting trust in a proposal that is so fundamental to our treasury and governance model.

This just all seems very strange to me and is not adding up?...... Can you please put my concerns to rest. Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response.

Last edited:
Happy to address this, Mark, thanks for the fully justified questions.

We'd have preferred to remain silent MNOs, never posting on any boards or getting involved at all, but things were not looking right to us. Not only was the board investing in ineffective, foolhardy proposals, but they were getting ripped off left and right on the good ones. The things that Dash desperately needs to be doing with its money aren't even showing up as proposals at all.

We believe that the reason Dash has been ineffective in using its treasury fund is because there is a fundamental, structural deficit in how it's been treated. To protect our own investment, and drive Dash back up the coinmarket chart, DashTreasury.org is where we chose to start. If the MNOs can band together then be given the tools to be empowered as a group, we believe that within 1-2 budget cycles, the power of what a $1M/mo budget can do will start showing in Dash's marketshare percentage, which is unfortunately stagnant and falling, despite its gains against fiat.

In a post-fiat trustless, decentralized world, we believe that product must speak before promises. We want people to not have to trust us or any other proposal owner on the board. We want proposal owners to deliver product and demonstrated work before showing pictures of their beautiful family, or fancy resumes with decades of experience. We believe that the only way that the Dash treasury can be used effectively is if the focus moves very quickly towards a work product, decentralized, trustless model.

It should also be noted that we have fronted the entirety of our development and staffing costs. We are not asking anything at all of Dash's shareholders, because we have not earned it yet. Our aim is to provide the tools to help the MNOs, and if we eventually do need funding from the MNO community, we'll demonstrate our value clearly, but in numbers and results not in old world government issued identities, photos of our children, or information that simply shouldn't be relevant in a trustless system like cryptocurrencies. Mining is trustless, based on proof of work, and we believe that same concept needs to carry over to all other functions in crypto.

We have been in constant communication with many other MNOs in the last few days, and we intend to have a very hands-on approach to fixing the treasury. Anybody who has any questions about strategy, needs help with a proposal, or has an idea to propose, we're right here.

It's one thing to use a pseudonym and be anonymous, it's another thing to have a pseudonym and be anonymous with no pre-existing reputation.

As the administrator of this site it actually does put you in a position of significant influence. And although I might be comfortable proving I own a MN on the dash forum, or on dashcentral, I'm not so thrilled about associating a MN address with my account on a site where we don't really know the owner.

Not saying I don't like what you are doing, the project looks great but I would personally have a cautious approach about this. It's not like we haven't had to deal with malicious parties in Dash before.

Simon, you and I have been in positive, productive communication through private messages on Reddit since DashTreasury.org's launch. Reddit, along with phone and email is generally how we communicate.

In reddit communications, you have told me that you are not a MNO and do not have enough Dash to be one. We're happy to take suggestions and help with pre-proposals for anyone willing to help Dash, but please keep in mind that our mission is primarily aimed at MNOs at this time.

@abob54 yes i am currently not a MNO, but aim to be one soon i hope ^^ nonetheless there is no need to not act like one and take care of the others like i would have my first own masternode :) strong and easy communication channels should be our first goal so hat all the people reviewing proposals can communicate fast and also can coordinate this. It makes no sense that we all look at all proposals all the time. Do you understand what i mean? I have to do a lot of other things too like investing and reviewing other imporant things. So we need to coordinate and share our all well expensive for now free and not payed time wisely. If some MNO has a question it can contact us on skype. Why not??? and i am on slack all day long even at work. Just when i sleep i can not respond haha

It's one thing to use a pseudonym and be anonymous, it's another thing to have a pseudonym and be anonymous with no pre-existing reputation.

As the administrator of this site it actually does put you in a position of significant influence. And although I might be comfortable proving I own a MN on the dash forum, or on dashcentral, I'm not so thrilled about associating a MN address with my account on a site where we don't really know the owner.

Not saying I don't like what you are doing, the project looks great but I would personally have a cautious approach about this. It's not like we haven't had to deal with malicious parties in Dash before.

Yes, this is absolutely critical. On a dark note, there's so many scammers, enemies, etc. etc. who would love nothing more than to profit at Dash's expense, and having a shadowy cabal of judges trying to steer the direction of the coin. Since anyone can set up a masternode, no one knows how many trolls and haters from early on bought in so they could have a stake/say in the competition.

On a more cheery note, it could be a bunch of MNOs who are friendly and have the community's best interests at heart. However, there could easily be conflicts of interests floating around that would be best disclosed. Also, it could just be a new MNO who hasn't been around long enough to know the community and its players, and might pass judgment without accurate information.

Remember, Dash is trying to be the most accountable cryptocurrency project in existence. That's why our blockchain is public, our core team is open, our funding proposals are easily auditable by the general public, and everything is conducted with the utmost transparency. That's the Dash way. Having completely anonymous actors trying to influence literally the most important part of Dash's governance is a massive red flag.

Oh damn yeah @thedesertlynx absolutely right. I have analysed so much businesses in my life and DASH is one which totally astonished me. Its too good to be true to be honest. So as an value investor i always have be on the side to say: They are not real, what are they doing all the time?? Where is the value and the safety?. I have to be strict and hard in that case and demand things i would demand on any other business in the Nasdaq Composite or the S&P500 too. No extra treatment because we are a new shiny cute crypto currency. That really does not matter what we are doing, if we do it right. I have invested in normal things to total freaky technologies. The bandwith is wide. But the rules to follow are always the same. One is clear, our enemies are just waiting to expose what big scams are costing us all our money right now and in the future.

I'm sure you're nice guys or ladies but right now I have no way of validating your reputation or previous involvement in community. You're unable to prove yourself as actual masternode owners. You have zero accountability & you have a monopoly on the truth.

Remaining anonymous only benefits you and not the community you wish to serve.

This presents so many problems and make me feels uncomfortable as I have no idea who you are. We might actually be friends on slack or reddit? Super awkward. It's a real shame because the website looks really great but how can I know you're not the TheDashGuy for example?

I felt so happy when I saw the website and layout, I love to see new Dash projects. My only gripe with you is the anonymous nature of it.

If you had to choose between your proposal or a team of well known masternode owners of good standing who do not conceal their identity. Whose opinion would you trust, respect and value more?....
The faceless people or long standing respected members of the community.

That's the choice you're giving me right now.

You can't play judge, jury and executioner all at the same time while remaining completely anonymous. Does that sound like an open and transparent justice system to you?

There is zero accountability here. I think there are currently 4 or 5 competing proposals in this space right now and it looks like you have the best setup in terms of infrastructure however your major achilles heel is the transparency issue.

I really want to love you but you're making it so hard for me to support you on this one small issue. Identity, trust and reputation is really essential for me on this one. With great power comes great responsibility.

qXyDuZr.png

Simon, you and I have been in positive, productive communication through private messages on Reddit since DashTreasury.org's launch. Reddit, along with phone and email is generally how we communicate.

In reddit communications, you have told me that you are not a MNO and do not have enough Dash to be one. We're happy to take suggestions and help with pre-proposals for anyone willing to help Dash, but please keep in mind that our mission is primarily aimed at MNOs at this time.

Can you please add your masternode badge, thanks.
I have some other ideas for collaboration between the 5+ review committee type proposals. I will post that later today or tomorrow.

I have to agree with the others, please provide some kind of identification. And I would highly recommend you start using Slack as that is a very important communications platform in this community.

Additionally, as others have mentioned I don't think the ATM proposals should be counted as delinquents.

At the moment I really don't want to prove my MasterNode ownership on your site.

Last edited:
Back