• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[prepoposal] Dash Debit Card ready by Mid-April

Shall we release the DASH debit card within 3 weeks?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thank you for your question. As mentioned in a comment above, we leave the crypto in crypto. So if you deposit crypto (e.g. 1 Dash), you will have Dash in our TenX wallet. Assume you go to any store in the world, it can be in Finland or anywhere else and you use your TenX card, then in THIS VERY MOMENT the best available exchange rate is used to spend your Dash in fiat.

Does that make sense?
Which exchanges are you integrated with?

I am asking because we are currently Working on Fiat credit card to dash.
We would buy all the dash that your clients are selling. Literally all. For USD (seems like you prefere that) we could agree on the kraken exchange rate. This would mean that the Community who paid for this would have literally no costs on the dash to usd side and only on the fx exchange if applicable and card fees.

We are incoorperated in denmark. Let me know.
Kind Regards

I am asking because we are currently Working on Fiat credit card to dash.
We would buy all the dash that your clients are selling. Literally all. For USD (seems like you prefere that) we could agree on the kraken exchange rate. This would mean that the Community who paid for this would have literally no costs on the dash to usd side and only on the fx exchange if applicable and card fees.

We are incoorperated in denmark. Let me know.
Kind Regards

This would be VERY interesting for us. Right now we work with Kraken, Polo and Quoine. Can you send me an email for that? [email protected]

We are doing our token sale right now, but from July onwards, this would be a great partnership.

This would be VERY interesting for us. Right now we work with Kraken, Polo and Quoine. Can you send me an email for that? [email protected]

We are doing our token sale right now, but from July onwards, this would be a great partnership.
When you are in europe let me know :)
Would be fun to grap a couple of beer and pay with a dash debit card.

I will write you an email once we are up and running. July sounds good.

Everything is working:

We are filling the preorders right now and will accept new card orders in 2-3 weeks. We also have our token sale planned end of the month, so lots of work parallel. Thanx for being patient!

TenX to add Digix (8 mins 8 secs):

I'm assuming this won't be added until end of the year.

On 30 Mar 2017:

"We are NOT looking into adding any other currencies for now. We also raised money to integrate Bitcoin and Ethereum. If we do not get the funding for DASH, we cannot integrate it for now - which would be a bummer."

On 24 Mar 2017:

"I think you are misunderstanding our intentions. We onboarded BTC and ETH only to have a prove of concept for COMIT, not necessarily to offer a debit card. This was just a by-product. If you feel Dash is being punished by us integrating a service now that we would otherwise not integrate until the end of the year, because our vision is to build a decentralized credit card payment platform, then we of course will not offer our service right now. Understand, that the original plan was NOT to offer Dash right now, rather in a year's time directly decentraliced through the COMIT routing protocol.

A company can do everything, just not at the same time. Our focus is to have everything ready on a decentralized basis by year end. We just thought you would be excited for us to hire an extra person and dedicate a few resources to this growing platform and have the best card out there.

Your call - that's why we have this preproposal. So far over 90% want the card, so we are optimistic!"

Ten organisations collaborate on Kovan testnet (includes digix and tenx, before March 2017):

https://github.com/kovan-testnet/proposal

You are aware that these are ERC20 tokens, right @GrandMasterDash ? We had our 1M invested supported by Fenbushi (with Vitalik from ETH) to do exactly that... But I get it, your only point here is trying to attack us, why else would you try to create false info? Anyways, I appreciate you being one of our loyal followers (the video was not posted anywhere in the DASH community so far). Thanx for sharing it :) Dash is LIVE, we are just waiting to ship the cards globally. We made good on our promise (ok, 2 months late, I give you that, but so?) and the DASH community will see a massive value increase through that.

TenX to add Digix (8 mins 8 secs):

I'm assuming this won't be added until end of the year.

On 30 Mar 2017:

"We are NOT looking into adding any other currencies for now. We also raised money to integrate Bitcoin and Ethereum. If we do not get the funding for DASH, we cannot integrate it for now - which would be a bummer."

On 24 Mar 2017:

"I think you are misunderstanding our intentions. We onboarded BTC and ETH only to have a prove of concept for COMIT, not necessarily to offer a debit card. This was just a by-product. If you feel Dash is being punished by us integrating a service now that we would otherwise not integrate until the end of the year, because our vision is to build a decentralized credit card payment platform, then we of course will not offer our service right now. Understand, that the original plan was NOT to offer Dash right now, rather in a year's time directly decentraliced through the COMIT routing protocol.

A company can do everything, just not at the same time. Our focus is to have everything ready on a decentralized basis by year end. We just thought you would be excited for us to hire an extra person and dedicate a few resources to this growing platform and have the best card out there.

Your call - that's why we have this preproposal. So far over 90% want the card, so we are optimistic!"

Ten organisations collaborate on Kovan testnet (includes digix and tenx, before March 2017):

https://github.com/kovan-testnet/proposal

@Dr. Julian Hosp Can we take a step backwards please.

It's true, I am sensitive to your claims but since our last fallout, I think I have been very restrained to criticise you. For example, I haven't chased you on the late implementation (others have).

In this particular instance, I don't feel like I have provided false info. I don't want to get into a technical argument as I am not an ethereum developer. However, it is my understanding that an ERC20 token is easy to implement. But then again, dash should also be relatively easy to implement being it's a fork of bitcoin. So, my conclusion was (right or wrong), the issue is not how easy it is to add new tokens / cryptos to your platform, but rather the dash community was lead to believe your priorities were bitcoin, ethereum and possibly dash if we paid you.

I understand TenX has been working closely with the ethereum community before you made your proposal. With that in mind, it wouldn't of hurt to say, "ERC20 tokens are easy to implement so we may well add those too". But anyway, I don't know where digix is on your roadmap so perhaps you could tell me (purely informational, not an attack).

Previously, I was quite harsh on you. Some digging around had raised some red flags regarding your past, so I think it was only natural you was challenged about it. There had also been a misunderstanding about TenX running masternodes. It later transpired you was running non-collateralized nodes. That was quite an error you made because, had it been true, you could of quickly raised $100k.

Anyway, a few months have passed and I can see you haven't disappeared and you are still engaging with us and others, so I very much take this as a good sign. So let's just draw a line and say the past is the past.

How long until you ship the cards globally? This has been a sticking point for a while now.

Yes. Right now everything is done from our side and DASH is working. We are waiting for the new cards that should arrive any day and then we can open up the offers. In Singapore we are not allowed to offer anything, we don't have yet. So we actually have to wait till we have the cards in our own hands. Our token sale is end of June, so we definitely are determined to sending everything out before.

Yes. Right now everything is done from our side and DASH is working. We are waiting for the new cards that should arrive any day and then we can open up the offers. In Singapore we are not allowed to offer anything, we don't have yet. So we actually have to wait till we have the cards in our own hands. Our token sale is end of June, so we definitely are determined to sending everything out before.
I really hope so. It won't be right if Dash users don't get some kind of first mover advantage amongst other cryptos (outside of Btc and Eth) with the TenX service. It is afterall what we paid for.

Thanks.

@Dr. Julian Hosp Can we take a step backwards please.

It's true, I am sensitive to your claims but since our last fallout, I think I have been very restrained to criticise you. For example, I haven't chased you on the late implementation (others have).

In this particular instance, I don't feel like I have provided false info. I don't want to get into a technical argument as I am not an ethereum developer. However, it is my understanding that an ERC20 token is easy to implement. But then again, dash should also be relatively easy to implement being it's a fork of bitcoin. So, my conclusion was (right or wrong), the issue is not how easy it is to add new tokens / cryptos to your platform, but rather the dash community was lead to believe your priorities were bitcoin, ethereum and possibly dash if we paid you.

I understand TenX has been working closely with the ethereum community before you made your proposal. With that in mind, it wouldn't of hurt to say, "ERC20 tokens are easy to implement so we may well add those too". But anyway, I don't know where digix is on your roadmap so perhaps you could tell me (purely informational, not an attack).

Previously, I was quite harsh on you. Some digging around had raised some red flags regarding your past, so I think it was only natural you was challenged about it. There had also been a misunderstanding about TenX running masternodes. It later transpired you was running non-collateralized nodes. That was quite an error you made because, had it been true, you could of quickly raised $100k.

Anyway, a few months have passed and I can see you haven't disappeared and you are still engaging with us and others, so I very much take this as a good sign. So let's just draw a line and say the past is the past.

That is fair and I truly appreciate that offer. Past is the past.

ERC20 tokens are less than half a day of work to implement. DASH, even though it is a fork of BTC took us roughly 10 working days before we could start testing it. I can assure you, that the DASH the community paid for our proposal were not wasted.

We definitely were/are late on our commitment and I am thankful, you were not among those who were picking on us. The delay came after we had expected that our card provider were happy with us showing that we can do BTC - but then when we added ETH and DASH, they wanted to redo everything. Right now everything is done from our side and DASH is working. We are waiting for the new cards that should arrive any day and then we can open up the offers. In Singapore we are not allowed to offer anything, we don't have yet. So we actually have to wait till we have the cards in our own hands. Our token sale is end of June, so we definitely are determined to sending everything out before as you can imagine.

I will keep you posted as soon as we have news during the next days.

On a side note: what ever happened to Charlie Shrem's card?

I really hope so. It won't be right if Dash users don't get some kind of first mover advantage amongst other cryptos (outside of Btc and Eth) with the TenX service. It is afterall what we paid for.

Thanks.

Totally agree and trust me, we have had literally almost every coin from the top50 contacting us to be added. We told them, it is BTC, ETH (and their tokens of course)... and DASH for now!

Totally agree and trust me, we have had literally almost every coin from the top50 contacting us to be added. We told them, it is BTC, ETH (and their tokens of course)... and DASH for now!

ummm, then how do you @Julian explain this statement on the pivx slack?

oVyVssyjVaClsJRX.png

I need to know an EXACT or CLOSEST POSSIBLE time estimate on when people outside singapore can use these cards, and in USA. This must be made public before you try to solicit funds from other communities. Please respond with this right away before I have to take action in other social areas TenX is involved.

I will be sure that no one I know in this community will participate in the token sale until this card is available outside singapore, and we have an actual date on USA. It is not fair to us to make such claims about it being available globally/USA and then going back on your word. Even if there were regulatory concerns, that should have been researched and stated prior to delaying this project.

Please do not make me drag out screenshots of your delays and failing to deliver because you run off to PIVX. I will take action if need be.

The USA integration should be number 1 on your list. I have MANY peers who would drop their bitpay card in a heartbeat in USA when this card is available. This is a LARGE customer base. This needs to be your TOP priority before adding ANY OTHER cryptocurrency. This is what I voted for.

At this very moment we do not do KYC checks as a standard process. That is why right now, we discourage not necessarily prohibit US users, to get our TenX cards. Saying that, this is an issue we are actually solving with lawyers these very days, as we feel we are on the safe side, but rather safe than sorry.

We are shipping cards all over the world nevertheless and we do see a clear road to offer these DASH Debit cards also to US users.

Verifying our legitimacy it depends on what you are looking for exactly:
  • That we guys exist? Happy to do a live broadcast with our team.
  • That our app works? Just download it and try our app with Bitcoin on Android.
  • That we can handle the Dash integration? We've had a few Dash Masternodes live for quite some time already. The actual integration into our app is similar to Bitcoin, as Dash is a fork. So the RPC is the same.
I personally do not know @babygiraffe, but happy to get "verified" through her/him.

Let me know if any further questions, happy to answer.

We have heard this from other companies too. We have not seen/heard any issues ourselves. Again, I believe this is because these companies use 3rd party providers. We will deliver ALL the cards ourselves. Seriously - one of our employees has to run with 100 envelopes to the post office every day. He gets treated to free ice cream in return :)

We are happy to ship a card to your address... also to Antarctica (while I doubt anyone accepts debit cards there...).

EDIT: Please note that a delayed response/failing at another deadline is what will cause me to go public to any other projects you choose to involve yourself with. PIVX slack is already listening.

Last edited:
ummm, then how do you @Julian explain this statement on the pivx slack?

oVyVssyjVaClsJRX.png

Short answer: it was NOT us, who wrote that - make of that what you want. Long answer: When we were looking into working with DASH we had contacted a couple of other currencies. Some had not replied, but had now after we had announced our token sale. So, please don't worry about the confusion, DASH will get priority treatment and is already integrated - we will focus on ERC20 tokens as this was agreed upon with the ETH integration. Everything else will come after and we will announce these partnerships officially from our side.

I need to know an EXACT or CLOSEST POSSIBLE time estimate on when people outside singapore can use these cards, and in USA. This must be made public before you try to solicit funds from other communities. Please respond with this right away before I have to take action in other social areas TenX is involved.

I will be sure that no one I know in this community will participate in the token sale until this card is available outside singapore, and we have an actual date on USA. It is not fair to us to make such claims about it being available globally/USA and then going back on your word. Even if there were regulatory concerns, that should have been researched and stated prior to delaying this project.

Please do not make me drag out screenshots of your delays and failing to deliver because you run off to PIVX. I will take action if need be.

The USA integration should be number 1 on your list. I have MANY peers who would drop their bitpay card in a heartbeat in USA when this card is available. This is a LARGE customer base. This needs to be your TOP priority before adding ANY OTHER cryptocurrency. This is what I voted for.

EDIT: Please note that a delayed response/failing at another deadline is what will cause me to go public to any other projects you choose to involve yourself with. PIVX slack is already listening.

While I understand a lot of worries you have, I can tell you this:
- the card will be available this month globally (except for the US), as you might understand it is in our own interest anyways to have it asap
- the US has a lower priority on our list and here is why: regulators in the US are NOT friendly to crypto yet as many other countries are. The demand from 2nd world countries is way higher than from the US where most people have access to a banking and credit system. people in the US who own crypto, mainly (not all) own it for investment purposes

So, while we want it to be available in the US asap, it will probably happen in the timeframe of end of Q3/beginning Q4. This is to make sure we have an un-interrupted workflow with our debit card provider, users and token sale.

If that affects your decision about our token sale, you are thinking very short sighted. Yes, we have missed an exact deadline, but we have lived up to our promise and integrated DASH and we will make it available this month globally (aside of the US, which will follow in a few months).

Back