• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Marketplace Live Preproposal Video

Would you like me make a proposal for this?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which cryptocurrency will be the first after Bitcoin to make a compelling reason to use it above all others? Ethereum, Litecoin, NEM, Dash, Ripple, and Monero all have a clear chance to by #1 out of all cryptocurrencies. The problem is none of them truly offers what Bitcoin does: a clear reason to use Bitcoin over any other. Will you watch this video to see what I think would give Dash a clear path to #1? If you would like me to make a budget proposal to get started, would you please ask me to do that here?

Prefer to read? Here are the basics of the idea!

While ETH, LTC, DASH, XRP, XMR, XLM, GNT, STEEM, REP, DOGE, MAID, STRAT, and most other digital currencies have features that are clearly superior to Bitcoin, none that I see so far has a clear reason for mass market adoption above Bitcoin because there is no unique way to consistently SPEND any of these other currencies in exchange for something valuable not available through another method. Fortunately just making one website could change all that! I will share here the exact idea which I also can execute with your help! If you would like me to offer to make what I share first for DASH, would you please voice your support here and in the Dash Budget proposal discussion forum at with recommendations for an exact budget such as 200 Dash a month for three months or 100 Dash a month to start with a 50 Dash increase monthly?

Here is what I believe would allow any cryptocurrency besides Bitcoin to take #1: An outstanding marketplace. What makes fiat currencies like USD valuable is what you can do with them. The US dollar is valuable because of the products and services you can buy with it. All newer cryptocurrencies I am aware of are missing one central location to actually get something meaningful. Bitcoin is the only exception because it is accepted as payment now on many websites and having Bitcoin makes it easy to buy altcoins. None of the altcoins are likely to win in the longterm simply by copying Bitcoin functionality. For example, the first person to walk on the moon we remember as Neil Armstrong. Do you remember the second man on the moon? Doubtful. How about the fifth? The same issue exists with Ethereum, Dash, Litecoin, New Economy Movement, and all the cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin being available on Coinbase was an amazing innovation from 0 to 1 which I was really excited about because for the first time I could exchange my USD for BTC. Ethereum, Litecoin, and whatever else is added is not nearly the giant leap that being able to get Bitcoin was.

To reach the top, one of these online currencies needs to have a place to spend it where it is the only currency accepted and to offer something not available anywhere else. With websites like Fiverr, Upwork, Craigslist, and millions more as an active marketplace, using any currency there is interchangeable. The trick is to make a service available nowhere else that users will be really excited to sign up to use and that will naturally attract clients to use it. For growth, what is offered there must be extremely valuable, available nowhere else, and easy to see the value of.

Offering live viewers to watch and interact on Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and other live streaming video websites is a service that would be extremely valuable for advertisers and easy to provide for users. Today if you have a million dollars and want a lot of people to watch your video live, I am not aware of any way to transfer the money into the result. When you want to get paid to watch and comment on a live video, I am also not aware of any reliable way to do that. Existing websites like Fiverr and Upwork are not well prepared to handle this task because of the cost structures and scale. A cryptocurrency selected as the exclusive payment for this service would provide a compelling reason to get a wallet and buy into that currency because there would be no other way to get involved.

After reading this far, you might say "Sure that is a great idea but how would one actually launch this? How do you start with no users and no clients? Where do you show it working?" Fortunately I have answers to all that and am perfectly in position to demonstrate such a service. Any cryptocurrency like Dash which has budget proposals voted on by masternodes could easily provide the funding to build the website, pay the users to sign up, and pay the users again to do initial demonstrations. If your feedback here is positive, I will first submit this as a Dash budget proposal for 100+ Dash to get the domain, build the website, and start signing up initial users. If that fails, I am confident another cryptocurrency will see this and invite me to use theirs instead.

For success, the critical point is showing people it works on an actual live stream. Once this is done, users and clients will be drawn in consistently by users seeing others making money just watching videos and clients desiring their own live videos to be popular. I am making this proposal live on Facebook and YouTube to demonstrate my ability to go live. When I receive funding to grab the domain, start the website, and sign up the users, I am in a perfect position to demonstrate the capabilities. My plan is to take 40% of funding to pay users to sign up, 40% to pay users to watch and interact on my live videos, and the remaining 20% for the domain and website costs beginning with an ultra simple website which will continue to improve as more people use it and more funding is received. With say 40 Dash at around $4,000, I am confident I can get thousands of people to watch my live videos through the website which would provide proof of the concept to users and clients.

With repetition, the users and clients would continue to grow with the website earning money from a percentage of client projects posted. Clients would pay the website in the cryptocurrency which would be released to users upon project completion. To avoid theft and speed up payment times, payments would be transferred immediately from the website to money managers that would accept the payments on behalf of the website and send payments to users. As the community continued to grow, the cryptocurrency's value for the website would continue to rise as more users opened wallets and more clients put their advertising budgets in.

My vision for this is eventually a real time online work platform where the entire world's workforce would be available on demand in real time for any service. Would you like me to start building this with your cryptocurrency as the exclusive form of payment? Please share you feedback here to help guide me in the direction you think would be more helpful! Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoyed this live video proposal!

If you would like me to make this as a budget proposal for Dash, would you please tell me that in a comment here?

Sincerely,
Jerry Banfield
https://jerrybanfield.com/

Last edited:
Hi Jerry, please make this proposal. I am fully behind you, will vote yes and think the community should realise the potential upside is huge. Your vision goes hand in hand with what evolution is going to be and you have the skillsets to make this happen.

Hi Jerry. I think it's a great idea. I'm not an active Dash user but I have an old wallet. Thought I'd respond (I'm also on FB, find me if you want.) I think it's a cool idea but I noticed a few things. First, incentive engagement is often against the TOS of many platforms. For instance, Youtube is very against incentivized views outside it's own ad platform and partners. How would this work? Secondly, I'm also confused over if you're presenting a new platform for streaming, a platform for paying engagers, or a platform for advertising? Why not just create a social network that's entirely monetized with altcoins?---- like literally a ALTBOOK with live, ads, etc. a clone, with everything either costing or earning coin? Why not do this with your own coin vs. an already existing one? I'm just a bit lost as to the value of using yourself as an example and what you're actually proposing. :)

I always thought it would be a cool idea if there was an upwork style site that operated on an altcoin. I also often wished there was a service like coinbase that took a wider variety of altcoins.

Hi @JerryBanfield

I'm the developer of FundChan: funded channel messaging, which I am in the process or re-denominating from bitcoin to exclusively dash.

The FundChan platform does much of what you need and can easily work for the live stream use-case that you describe.

Here's an explainer video:

For the benefit of new members on this forum and to address the "elephant" in the room, please watch this:

Didn't even bother to take it down before coming back to the MNs and the community to ask for more money.

For the benefit of new members on this forum and to address the "elephant" in the room, please watch this:

Didn't even bother to take it down before coming back to the MNs and the community to ask for more money.

If you watch this, you should study it not react to it. I don't think Jerry actually burned bridges here like it might seem on the surface. This is not to imply anything one way or the other about my thoughts on this current proposal idea.

Thanks for the heads-up @dashakti.
I am not as new to dash than i am to the forums.
The link you have posted with Jerry's epic rant has not slipped my attention. I have actually flipped my vote to "No" in the proposal discussed in the rant because Jerry has disqualified himself with his childish frustration-ridden rant.
That said - the idea presented in this proposal here is actually great.
Great proposals that can help boost our success should not be wasted just because someone threw a temper-tantrum in the past.
Just my 2 duffs....

Hi @JerryBanfield

I'm the developer of FundChan: funded channel messaging, which I am in the process or re-denominating from bitcoin to exclusively dash.

The FundChan platform does much of what you need and can easily work for the live stream use-case that you describe.

Here's an explainer video:

Hey just checking out your fundchan.com website, do you have a promo code for us to get started with a confirmed account?

Sorry Jerry, I have to vote no. I thought after the colorful history you have with the Masternode community, you would either not make further proposals (that's what you said), OR you would tone down the drama. What I find in your most recent proposal is that you...threaten me. And I quote,

"If your feedback here is positive, I will first submit this as a Dash budget proposal for 100+ Dash to get the domain, build the website, and start signing up initial users. If that fails, I am confident another cryptocurrency will see this and invite me to use theirs instead."

So, if I don't fund your proposal, you're going to run off to whoever will recognize your greatness and play ball with them. While your idea may have merit, I just don't respond well to threats.

Also, here are some exact (or very near exact) quotes from your last dramatic video:

"I don’t have time to hang out on Slack or the other forums."

"Why do a pre-proposal when there is another similar proposal?" (Amanda B. Johnson)

"Even if people hate my videos, they will learn something about Dash." (Yes, but what?)

"I’m actually kind of hoping the proposal doesn’t pass, because for me then, I can just shut the door on Dash and not bother to make any videos about it."

"I feel if this proposal is not voted in, I’m not going to try any more to do anything else for the Dash community."

"I often need to do things in the quickest way possible. "

Jerry, I honestly, totally, sincerely hope you succeed in life beyond your wildest expectations. You have demonstrable skills in social media. And, my most honest and direct constructive criticism is that I don't think you are a good fit to take Dash to the moon.

If you watch this, you should study it not react to it. I don't think Jerry actually burned bridges here like it might seem on the surface. This is not to imply anything one way or the other about my thoughts on this current proposal idea.
Perhaps, but regardless of his intention, my concern is the demonstrated lack of judgment from one paid by Dash for promotion sponsorship. Is *that* really how we want our promotion funds used? Not a good Dash advocate to me. Effective communications is supposed to be his business, right? Well, he didn't communicate appropriately as I see it - why pay for more of that?

It shows a lack of support for Dash. Anyone who post hate and spreads hate about Dash shouldn't be funded. Period. Anyone who watches that video will get sketched out and proceed to go to other coins and obviously that's not what we want. Right ?

Hi @JerryBanfield
I appreciate your determination with creating proposals, but I would not recommend creating a proposal for this.
If you are invested in Dash (if you still have a masternode), then I would encourage you to volunteer to promote Dash in an un-sponsored manner for now, in whatever capacity you are able/willing to volunteer, but not beyond that. It would already be in your interest as a Dash holder, and it would help to rebuild a reputation with the masternode owners that has frankly been somewhat soured, even though I personally might be willing to overlook some issues. In addition, I'm not understanding a clear picture of what you're trying to accomplish with this proposal and how it would come to fruition --

DASH already gets a lot of hate and trolls from other cryptos. The last thing we need is rants like this one, especially from a guy who himself owns a DASH masternode.

As others have said, I think he is very determined and I wish him the very best. I just don't want him to come up with epic rant #2 if this one doesn't go through.

I would keep the DASH amount moderated, I wouldn't want to give you more than 800 dls (8 dash) per video. I am all for more people doing DASH videos, or even non-dash specific videos, but I also dont want to overpay compared to what most of the regular market sponsors pay which usually is around average 500 dls. a show (from the research I have made).
I mean you are free to get more sponsors besides DASH and get even more money for the same shows, but I think DASH should support a broad amount of people. Not just give all the money to 1 or 2 faces.
I havent really asked Tao of Satoshi how much he mades for Cash alternative but I dont think is 4k.

Last edited:

I don't see anyting wrong with his comment. He is just not agreeing on the rejection of his last proposal, not bashing Dash.

This current pre-proposal makes a lot of sense as a matter of fact, he is not the only one beginning to figure out, that a unique use-case is probably more important than any crypto-technology. See what Steem is doing.

Back