• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Where are "official" funded-proposal updates posted?

jimbursch

Where can we reasonably expect "official" updates on the status of funded proposals to be posted?

By "reasonably expect" I mean that we can hold someone accountable if they do not post an update in a timely manner.

For one-time funded projects we should expect to see an update that summarizes the completion of the project.

My thought is that Dash Central is where we should expect to see updates, even if it is simply a link to the update elsewhere.

Where can we reasonably expect "official" updates on the status of funded proposals to be posted?

By "reasonably expect" I mean that we can hold someone accountable if they do not post an update in a timely manner.

For one-time funded projects we should expect to see an update that summarizes the completion of the project.

My thought is that Dash Central is where we should expect to see updates, even if it is simply a link to the update elsewhere.
http://dashvotetracker.com/

It has the list of all previously funded projects but there is no framework for tracking status/completion with the proposal owner after funds have been paid.
Ohh now I get what he's saying. Well the proposal funds are more based on people providing a service rather then a single job that completes a task. It's really not meant for those proposals

Ohh now I get what he's saying. Well the proposal funds are more based on people providing a service rather then a single job that completes a task. It's really not meant for those proposals

Even for ones for providing a service, there needs to be follow-up that the service is actually being delivered as promised. Most of the time there is development required and the service isn't available immediately when the proposal passes.

We don't need a proposal to solve this problem. We just need to let people know that they need to post their updates on their budget projects at Dash Central.

For example, on this budget:
Proposal “dash-detailed-2-shows“ (Active)
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-detailed-2-shows

We should expect Amanda to post a weekly update (since this is a weekly project) at DashCentral. All she has to do is post a link to the show produced that week.

This way we (the community) have only one place to go to check on the status of a budget project.

Here's another example:

Proposal “Bitcuners_Meetup_Renewal“ (Active)
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Bitcuners_Meetup_Renewal

We don't need a proposal to solve this problem. We just need to let people know that they need to post their updates on their budget projects at Dash Central.

For example, on this budget:
Proposal “dash-detailed-2-shows“ (Active)
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-detailed-2-shows

We should expect Amanda to post a weekly update (since this is a weekly project) at DashCentral. All she has to do is post a link to the show produced that week.

This way we (the community) have only one place to go to check on the status of a budget project.
Interesting concept but it's not going to happen. It's easily researchable. The only reason anyone would ever even care to
Update you is if they are making another proposal. And they would do so in their next proposal

Ex. "Iv received over 10,000 views and 300 likes on my video series (link) fund me again"

See 3rd Phase of PEC (Proposal Evaluation Committee) Road Map Summary https://goo.gl/TD6dtw
"1. Investigate a solution for monitoring of accepted proposals."
A group of experienced MNO's are having a look at different solutions at the moment.

I'll campaign to get Budget project updates posted on Dash Central. I'll either succeed or I will be ignored, but it can't hurt to try.

I would prefer a separate thread on Dash Forum called Proposal Progress Reports (or something) - People hardly ever go the Central and it will be easier to pop in and check if it's just below the Pre + Budget Proposal thread. Then the community can also discuss (and point out problems in) the reports.

Must say that Ryan already said that he like the idea of proposal revues and monitoring. Might take a couple of months to implement, but it's definitely scheduled. Won't be forgotten - I promise ;)

Nobody should have to search the forum or the web to get an update on a budget project. A separate subforum for budget updates makes sense, and an update posted on Dash Central that points to the subforum thread is perfectly adequate to fulfill reporting expectations.

And this is something that can be implemented right now, until replaced by something better.

Nobody should have to search the forum or the web to get an update on a budget project. A separate subforum for budget updates makes sense, and an update posted on Dash Central that points to the subforum thread is perfectly adequate to fulfill reporting expectations.

And this is something that can be implemented right now, until replaced by something better.

I agree. This should be the norm for all budget proposals. Even the ones "we all know" deliver; Core team proposals, Amanda's Daily Decrypt etc as these should lead by example.

First step which is possible to implement immediately; Post on Dashcentral as @jimbursch suggested.

Going forward it would be better to have a "report progress"-feature at Dashcentral where the proposal owner could tag messages as status updates and/or final delivery report. Other community members could potentially "like" or "dislike" these reports to provide a picture of how well this was executed. It would then be trivial to generate a page that had nice monthly overviews of proposals and their output status.

A "report" feature is on the todo for DashCentral. However, some features that are more relevant for the success of DASH have a higher priority and are currently developed.

It's "Move fast and break things" vs. ramping up "documentation requirements". To my personal opinion, we should stick to "move fast" for quite some time until the opportunity cost become significantly large for putting documentation requirements behind.

Thanks @rango - I agree. Until the feature is in place, there no reason updates can't be posted in the discussion section.

While I have your attention, I have a request. Currently, past budget projects are indicated as (Completed), referring I'm sure to the funding of the project. However that also implies that the project was also delivered, which may or may not be the case. I would like to suggest instead of Completed that they be marked Closed.

Back