• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Just had an idea for us miner collectively help DRK before next fork !!

Of course he does. But if you would give me some specific info regarding the other pools they own, I could show it too him, for added pressure.
Obviously he knows what to update :confused: he just playing around here.

Lets show him we're not!
Could I have IP's and block hashes of all their pools, so I can send it to him, and press on him, please ?
Relax, I understand his reply. He does notread back 2 lines and didnt noticed you are talking about darkcoin.
Give it another try :)

Relax, I understand his reply. He does notread back 2 lines and didnt noticed you are talking about darkcoin.
Give it another try :)

All right... nothing wrong in trying ;)

Ok, sent him this. Hope plain cold honest truth gets through

Hi provenceday

I am referring to all Darkcoin pool run by x11.ltc1btc.com

Darkcoin is at the forefront of a major revolution in crypto-currencies. The amazing rise to nº4 and 67 million market capital in under 6 months is proof of that. Then, yes some trouble drove the price down. Main reason, network compliance.

BitFinex adopted DRK already, and ONLY trade in BTC, LTC and DRK.
Price has gone up to 0.027 before the previous forks!!

If you are interested in mining at a MUCH higher profit, please do your part and update your stratum and wallet to the latest version!

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/Important

That way we can guarantee a totally smooth fork, and DRK will gain investment trust, price will go up like crazy. We have currently 85% network compliance, and you guys have almost 25% total hashrate!

Together we stand stronger!!

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
HJjQUZC.png

:eek::grin::tongue::cool::confused::rolleyes::grin::tongue:

I think x11.ltc1btc.com may be "fully" updated!! But another on the 10% version.
2 out of their 4 pools have found MN paying blocks.
Is this version fork friendly? If is it, perfect, if not I'll have to bugger him again to go for the latest :confused:
Cant remember.

9aLA6Yi.png

Hey!! Just went to check, their pool 1 and 2, together add up to only 2.3% total solved blocks in last 24h!
Pool 3 and 4 together 25.7% !!

Today we hit the 90%+ MN payment mark for sure!! :grin:

Masternode paid percent: 97.4!
Masternode unpaid percent: 2.6.... :cool:

I've been with binaryclock (dedicated pool op) through IRC, he's been responsive and polite, but in more than 3 days, nothing. He said he's do it. Yesterday evening I bugged him again and showed him Evan's latest dev report, and asked for info on which wallet... I sent him the links (again) ... So we may gain a little extra juice if he ever gets round to updating...

Ok... next "target" ...ghash.io !! - but they dont even have a withdrawal wallet up !! So I dont think its of any use. They must be mining with their own old hardware, idk... how can they not let you withdrawal ? This is highly suspicious to me....

Ok... next "target" ...ghash.io !! - but they dont even have a withdrawal wallet up !! So I dont think its of any use. They must be mining with their own old hardware, idk... how can they not let you withdrawal ? This is highly suspicious to me....
Just look what they did to BTC, I would never ever use them for anything anymore after having read about their double spending on dubious gambling websites while in control of the network :cool:

I've been with binaryclock (dedicated pool op) through IRC, he's been responsive and polite, but in more than 3 days, nothing. He said he's do it. Yesterday evening I bugged him again and showed him Evan's latest dev report, and asked for info on which wallet... I sent him the links (again) ... So we may gain a little extra juice if he ever gets round to updating...
Dedicated is paying now(10%)

Just look what they did to BTC, I would never ever use them for anything anymore after having read about their double spending on dubious gambling websites while in control of the network :cool:
Is this already confirmed true or simply a rumour?

Updating OP. Only two relevant pools left. I sincerely think ghash.io is not worth the trouble. They're too big and dont give a crap.
They do not even have withdrawal wallet for DRK :confused: - you can mine, but not withdrawal. Extremely suspicious!

Updating OP. Only two relevant pools left. I sincerely think ghash.io is not worth the trouble. They're too big and dont give a crap.
They do not even have withdrawal wallet for DRK :confused: - you can mine, but not withdrawal. Extremely suspicious!
Well it's a multipool.

I'm not defending positions of ghash here, but reading this thread tells me some things:
  • betcoin dice accepted 0-confirmation transactions (ouch)
  • ghash.io had like 24% of network power back then (far from being able to 51% bitcoin)
  • betcoin dice was spamming the blockchain with micro transactions (ouch)
A 0-confirmation double-spent is not what I consider a successful doublespend. Everyone knows not to accept unconfirmed transactions.

vertoe said:
I'm not defending positions of ghash here, but reading this thread tells me some things:
  • betcoin dice accepted 0-confirmation transactions (ouch)
  • ghash.io had like 24% of network power back then (far from being able to 51% bitcoin)
  • betcoin dice was spamming the blockchain with micro transactions (ouch)
A 0-confirmation double-spent is not what I consider a successful double spend. Everyone knows not to accept unconfirmed transactions.

Agreed, however that still doesn't explain why main accounts of gHash were involved in such activities in the first place (sorry but I don't buy this official statement of theirs and that nobody actually notices in the entire staff that blocks weren't going into the main account anymore for well, over 2 days?!) and in the end they did own over 51% of the network for a period of more than 14 hours consecutively ( which then caused a lot of fear because of the before mentioned gambling activity on their accounts, whether they were double-spending or not.

Once you have been marked untrustworthy by involving your community and your communities' money in such activity, how can you ever trust any announcement of theirs again, may it be legitimate or not? I see no reason not to believe that they would under any circumstances abuse any power given to them over the Bitcoin network.

Ironically enough, there was just another news-piece released today (http://www.coindesk.com/ghash-commits-40-hashrate-cap-bitcoin-mining-summit/) and (http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/ghash-io-offers-empty-promises/2014/07/16) were this issue was discussed in greater terrain and detail. Make of it what you want :wink: (It's not like they didn't say they wouldn't cross the red line before now, did they (http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news...hash-io-ddos-ed-response-51-attack/2014/06/15)

Anyways, enough OT and I would conclude from this to not even try to convince someone like this to be a good actor when everything guides us to the conclusion that they simply do not wish this under any circumstances as enough opportunities and chances presented themselves were they could have been satisfied with the power they received and held in the community and the entire network.

Back