• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New Forum Feature: Masternode Owner Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the collateral is spent the badge remains right?

Okay, give us the cost of the plugin and a dash public address and we'll crowdfund it right here and now.

This one may fit the bill, but I haven't researched this topic yet, was just the first applicable find.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfa-polls-enhancement.5316/

Browse for other plugins and lmk if you find something with better reviews/upkeep/feature-to-cost ratio.

If the collateral is spent the badge remains right?

No. If your node is offline, your badge is revoked.

All I'm saying is, while it's true that multiple MNs would be able to vote in the poll, it's far more contained / limited to abuse than a forum where anyone (unlimited) can signup And being it's MNOs that vote on proposals in the end, we might say a MN only poll might well produce a more accurate result.

A poll where anyone can apply whatever filter he desires, cannot be abused. The vote filtering is an anti-abuse method. Imagine you create a poll asking something, and someone subscribes 1000 forum accounts and vote on it. No big deal, you just apply the filter and you can see the result of the poll by taking into account only the masternodes votes. To filter the votes results exactly the same accuracy, as the one you are trying to achieve by introduting a MNO only poll. But when you have a MNO only poll, you are losing information. Another guy may want to apply a reverse filter, in order to see how many fake accounts voted in this poll. This is also usefull information, it shows that the poll you created led to piss off some people. And another guy may want to apply a different filter, asking only the votes of the masternodes who own more than 100 masternodes to appear. Or maybe he wants to see what is the opinion of the miners, in this issue. How can this information be extracted, if you have isolated your poll and you allow only the masternode owners/operators to vote on it?

If you isolate the polls and allow only a specific type of community members to vote (being the masternodes owners, or the miners, or the masternode owners that have more than 100, or the dash account holders, or those who can prove their individuality, or those who cannot e.t.c), then this will create clans and castes, and will cause a schism among community member types.

Last edited:
This one may fit the bill, but I haven't researched this topic yet, was just the first applicable find.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfa-polls-enhancement.5316/

I quickly went throw the 16 pages of add-ons and this poll enhancement you show seems to be suitable, though it says to "users" and "usergroups"... I assume MN badge holders get their own usergroup? Anyway, it's only 10 euros so if you want to give me a dash address, I'm happy to pay for it.

A poll where anyone can apply whatever filter he desires, cannot be abused. The vote filtering is an anti-abuse method. Imagine you create a poll asking something, and someone subscribes 1000 forum accounts and vote on it. No big deal, you just apply the filter and you can see the result of the poll by taking into account only the masternodes votes. To filter the votes this results exactly the same accuracy than the one you are trying to achieve by introduting a MNO only poll. But when you have a MNO only poll, you are losing information. Another guy may want to apply a reverse filter, in order to see how many fake accounts voted in this poll. This is also usefull information, it shows that the poll you created led to piss off some people. And another guy may want to apply a different filter, asking only the votes of the masternodes who own more than 100 masternodes to appear. Or maybe he wants to see what is the opinion of the miners, in this issue. How can this information be extracted, if you have isolated your poll and you allow only the masternode owners/operators to vote on it?

If you isolate the polls and allow only a specific type of community members to vote (being the masternodes owners, or the miners, or the masternode owners that have more than 100, or the dash account holders, or those who can prove their individuality, or those who cannot e.t.c), then this will create clans and castes, and will cause a schism among community member types.

1. It's an apples and oranges comparison. Polls for MNs are likely to be more accurate, and
2. The OP of a poll could easily create a second thread / poll for end user participation.

1. It's an apples and oranges comparison. Polls for MNs are likely to be more accurate, and
2. The OP of a poll could easily create a second thread / poll for end user participation.

Yes of course, the OP may create a separate thread/poll for another member type to answer the same question, but this is exactly how the castes and the clans are created. And this is bad for the Dash community as a whole, and may lead to a schism. And of course the OP cannot predict all possible member types, and this means that some information is lost.

Having a single place where all the people can express their opinion, and allowing filtering capabilities, keeps the community united and preserves all information (regarding the specific poll question) in a single place.

Last edited:
Yes of course, the OP may create a separate thread/poll for another member type to answer the same question, but this is exactly how the castes and the clans are created. And this is bad for the Dash community as a whole, and may lead to a schism. And of course the OP cannot predict all possible member types, and this means that some information is lost.

Filtering the votes and having a single place where all the people can express their opinion, keeps the community united and preserves all information (regarding the specific poll question) in a single place.

I'm relying on you to make sure that doesn't happen. :) Every time I post a poll, you can do likewise for end-users.

Really, the key is transparency.. I am not suggesting closed forums, this simply enables decision makers to do their job more effectively..

I'm relying on you to make sure that doesn't happen. :) Every time I post a poll, you can do likewise for end-users.

It is not always the case to ask a poll question to only two member types (or actors as we often call them), to the masternodes and to the end-users. As I already said, more dash community member types (or actors) can be defined. The miners, the dash account holders, the dash friends, the US residents, the Europeans, the dash employees e.t.c.

If you separate the poll question, and you allow only two member types (or actors) to vote the same question to separate polls, then you will lose all the rest possible member types, and the usefull information that may be extracted by their answer. Thats why I insist not to separate the community and create separate polls for each member type, but to implement a vote filtering and thus allow anyone to investigate the way the actors answer to the poll question, from whatever point of view he desires. Every new different actor that may occur in the future could ask the developers they implement a separate filter dedicated to them, and embed this new filter field into the filtering capabilities.

On the other hand a default vote filtered view should be applied to every poll, and I think this default filtered view (for the outsiders to see it) should be the masternodes vote filter, as long as only the masternodes' vote is currently taken into account in the community decisions.

Last edited:
@moocowmoo could you please elaborate and make a gradual badge, so that we can distinguish the number of the masternodes someone has?

I mean, instead of having just one field with the masternode address, someone may add another field, and as many field as the masternodes he own. And then he get a badge related to the number of masternodes he has.

The code can be borrowed by the "add poll option" code. By the way is your xenforo hook plugin opensource? If it is I could make a try and code such a thing.

Last edited:
@moocowmoo could you please elaborate and make a granular badge, so that we can distinguish the number of the masternodes someone has?

I mean, instead of having just one field with the masternode address, someone may add another field, and as many field as the masternodes he own. And then he get a badge related to the number of masternodes he has.

The code can be borrowed by the "add poll option" code. By the way is your xenforo hook plugin opensource? If it is I could make a try and code such a thing.

why would anybody in public post their MN holding ?
privacy 1st - this has nothing to do with u or anybody else - this is their private business !

why would anybody in public post their MN holding ?
privacy 1st - this has nothing to do with u or anybody else - this is their private business !

Just in case someone wants, why prohibit him ?
After all everything will be attached to a nickname, he may not reveal his real name.

Btw, I think this badge feature has had the very useful side-effect of demonstrating how diversified dash masternodes are! Someone should write an article that mentions this.

Can you tell us how many users have the badge?

@moocowmoo I'm still hoping for masternode only polls. I've offered to pay for the plugin, is there anything else I can do to make this happen?

You could ask the forum to go opensource, and pay less.
Because in that case you will find many people capable to implement what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back