• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm new on the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. Got into crypto when I started blogging on Steemit and have bought some different coins including Dash. Dash looks like it's heading in the right direction so it has my interest. Looking into possibly investing in a masternode and some more Dash. I looked at this forum and saw some people I know so I signed up. I'm going to browse and mingle a bit and may edit this a bit latter. Good to be here guys.

Hey @Mia. The process of buying Dash is not very convenient right now. Check out "How to Buy Dash" under the New User Tips tab above. I can tell you my process:

1. Open Coinbase account
2. Link to checking account
3. Buy Bitcoin (or ethereum)
4. Wait about a week until everything goes through
5. Use blocktrades.us to convert to Dash and send to your wallet

The big bummer about this is the huge lag between placing a buy order and the time it takes to get to your account so you can convert it to Dash. Your other options will be quicker, but probably cost you more in the exchange rate. Hopefully Coinbase will add Dash sometime in the near future so you can make a direct purchase, or maybe Evolution will solve some of these issues.

Happy Dashing!
andy

Hey @Mia. The process of buying Dash is not very convenient right now. Check out "How to Buy Dash" under the New User Tips tab above. I can tell you my process:

1. Open Coinbase account

The big bummer about this is the huge lag between placing a buy order and the time it takes to get to your account so you can convert it to Dash. Your other options will be quicker, but probably cost you more in the exchange rate. Hopefully Coinbase will add Dash sometime in the near future so you can make a direct purchase, or maybe Evolution will solve some of these issues.

Happy Dashing!
andy
Oh - thanks so much for responding. I'm truly grateful. [It's such 'a minefield' for me at the moment!]
I've just registered with a couple of the ones listed on the 'direct purchase' section of the main site for 'Buy Dash' [Anycoin, Litebit] but it's seems to be quite costly when comparing with the current dash value. Also, there seem to be very few who accept c.c./PayPal.
I'll take a look at what you suggest - altho' I'm in Europe not the U.S. so not sure whether that will affect anything.
Thanks again, anarchrysalis - really appreciated :)

Hi all.
ABSOLUTELY brand new to all of this [Dash - cryptocurrency in total, in fact - forums, the whole kit 'n' caboodle!]
Managed to get m'self a Dash Wallet, at least but it's still empty.
Still researching how [and where] to buy
Looking forward to learning how this all works - not so easy my age, but I'm sure I'll get there
Any tips offered gratefully received.

Good luck [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Open Coinbase account

Happy Dashing!
andy

Seems to be plenty upside potential when it becomes easier to buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Programmer not new to bitcoin , brand new on dash , learning the differences and understanding that coin.

Hoping to participate in many projects and to meet nice people around here :)

Yeah, the people here are really nice. Glad you decided to join in. I'm pretty new to Dash, about 3 weeks into it.....

Success finds a way. ++ would love to see more women involved in crypto.
Interesting you would mention that because there's a women of dash channel in the slack chat. Also, I started a Medium publication called Dash For Newbies that is primarily written with women as the target audience: https://medium.com/dash-for-newbies. The idea is to share these articles with as many people as possible........bringing more women into Dash.

Hi Cynthia!
I'm a mother as well.......crypto world is addictive for sure. I'm glad you joined.
What coins did you used to trade before?

Your insights are similar to my own. Thanks for your great introduction. I started a Medium publication called Dash For Newbies, with the goal of bringing more people into a collaborative approach for spreading knowledge. If you'd like to contribute any article, I think you'd fit right in. Take a look at the publication, and let me know if you'd be interested in contributing a few articles if you feel inspired to do so. The more the merrier! The idea is to create a user-centric approach, sharing things we have learned about Dash, so that other newbies can find great information, that is coming directly from other users, not a company approach: https://medium.com/dash-for-newbies
So far it's just me and one other woman who are writing in there. Ideally, it would be good to have at least 10 different people contributing.....anyway, cheers! Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

Hello All,
Just joined this forum and Dash Nation. Delighted!

By way if intro, my name is John Ferguson. I have two podcasts: the SAFE Crossroads podcast, and Technology & Choice, both on the Let's Talk Bitcoin network.

I'm also an editor, proofreader and writer, and specialize in trying to grasp technical issues from a simpleton's perspective and communicate meaningfully to a broader public.

I wish I'd gotten more involved with Dash earlier, but there's so much going on in the space, it wasn't till recently that I appreciated the importance of what Dash represents.

I and my partners, especially @mranderson010 are working on a project to move cryptocurrency/cryptoproperty forward to facilitate decentralized industrial activity. We have isolated a path to a huge opportunity for Dash to become the preeminent cryptocurrency in the area of the multi-trillion dollar cannabis industry, which is having tremendous pain surrounding banking and money in general.

Our project is called HempSweet, and a pre-proposal can be found in a "hempsweet" thread. (I'd post a link, but I'm new to the forum and don't have that privilege yet.

But regardless of how that project goes, I'm delighted to join the Dash Nation. I can only guess and estimate the future, but it seems certain that it will be very, very interesting and engaging.

Best, John

Last edited:
Hi, guys. I'm new to crypto and dash. Learned a lot about amanda johnson's youtube vids and Dash seems to have the best plan. Hoping to learn from this forum. Hoping too that dash becomes more accessible! Cheers!!

HI I am from Philippines looking forward to find more Filipinos involve in DASH COIN
the more people there are, the more enjoyable a situation will be.

CHANGE IS COMING
KcjXXayji.jpg

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself, I am a college student who majors in finance as well as international buisness. To say the least, I love this stuff. Withbeing new, any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back