• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Nothing.

that will not work
as the server costs will be the same 1k Dash or 50 Dash
if you adjust the MN payouts - the 50 Dash MN has to pay huge amount on top each month and will not make any winnings !
You are assuming the price of each Dash will remain the same which it will clearly not. I can foresee the price going higher faster than even Bitcoin.

As the price of each Dash goes up it will overtime make those server costs be less and less if a masternode only required 50 Dash (for example).

Everybody wins if Dash the company decides to lower Masternode requirements, Dash gets to charge the $35 to each person every 3 months and the investors that currently dont have 1000 Dash can benefit by being able to become a masternode with less Dash.

Everybody wins.

2 weeks ago I was actually considering whether or not I should buy any Dash at all just because I didn't have the funds to buy 1000. I finally decided to buy 500. But now I'm caught in the middle where I would have to send my 500 to moocowmoo which I won't.

Who knows, I might sell my Dash if I see better opportunities in the cryptospace :/.

Warren Buffet doesn't split stock of Berkshire Hathaway because he needs committed investors. Dash is also the same. We need committed investors rather than a lot of uncommitted investors to keep Dash prices stable and growing.

That why we shouldn't reduce the requirements for a masternode, unless we need more masternodes.
Warren Buffett would've had more investors in Berkshire Hathaway if he would have split the stock. He didn't have the brilliance to do so. Just because he does something a certain way doesn't mean it is correct. If he would have split the stock I would have gladly invested a couple K into his company, but whatevs.

Did you know Warren Buffett dislikes Gold? Did you know Warren Buffett doesn't like Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies?

Warren Buffett is smart in certain things, not so bright in others.

Warren Buffet doesn't split stock of Berkshire Hathaway because he needs committed investors. Dash is also the same. We need committed investors rather than a lot of uncommitted investors to keep Dash prices stable and growing.

That why we shouldn't reduce the requirements for a masternode, unless we need more masternodes.
Large investors don't make prices more stable. You should have seen the Dash selloff yesterday. The chat in Poloniex was exploding with people saying "manipulation" and "whale games" because of the large candles of masternodes selling they're 1000 at a time.

Millennial Snowflake managed to miss the writing on the wall for 2 years. You would have lost it all on MtGox had you even been around for it...

You missed your moon shot, rather than accept responsibility; "DASH is broken, 'fix it!'" Typical Millennial Snowflake...

Large investors do make the price more stable. If I sold mine, the price would tank back to single digits.

You're a perfect stereotype of the clueless Snowflake that I've referred to as a "cryptotard" for nearly half a decade. You have no idea what's going on, no idea how it works, chase waves like a lemming without paying any attention, and make demands and spout what you imagine to be knowledge while making a fool of yourself and being so clueless you don't even realize it. All because you didn't have (and still don't) sufficient powers of observation.

The most damaging thing about "being offended" is that you learn nothing and keep making the same mistakes.

DASH is still not expensive enough to keep the retards off the masternodes. That's the whole point...

Sodl when should hodl. Hodl when should sodl... Send a postcard when you submit a gofundme-esque budget proposal demanding DASH refund your losses... I'll be on muh boat, laughing. Please tell me your GPS coordinates so I know the general direction I should be pointing as I laugh.

Buy when there is blood in the streets for no reason. Hold when things surge; just walk away from the computer and go do something outside. Doing this converted my $450 original crypto investment into almost 8 digits. In 6 years. Luck had nothing to do with it. Not being a fuckin' moron is how it happened.

Last edited:
But isn't he entitled to a cheap Masternode camo? I mean he was born! He has inalienable rights! It's probably somewhere in the Constitution, too!

Masternodes were created to hand out free money, nothing else! Everyone is entitled to get one!

Let's make Masternodes cheap again! MMCA-heads unite!

Oh: And please no one tell him about interest bearing accounts ;)

DASH is still not expensive enough to keep the retards off the masternodes. That's the whole point...

Wait, and in a couple of months, the masternodes may become obsolete.
The decisions they are taking is like shooting their own foot.

If privateSend and InstantSend is not served by them, then why do we need masternodes?

Could you please name the services that will need exclusively to be served by the masternodes network (and not by a centralized company like blockcypher, coinfirm e.t.c.)?

Last edited:
BTW; their, there, and they're. They are all different. Learn.

Being really stupid is the problem.

We're all created equal. After that; keep up.
I mean he was born! He has inalienable rights! It's probably somewhere in the Constitution, too!

Masternodes were created to hand out free money, nothing else! Everyone is entitled to get one
Life, liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness. And, it's not in the Constitution. He may not even be American, but, the Millennial Snowflake attitude stinks of it...

He had the same right to pursue that I did. He chose not to avail himself of it. Now he wishes he had. Now it's the evil rich-peoples' fault...

Lets see if he starts a Black Bloc.

"There is no such thing as too much ammo." - camosoul, the day he was born.
Let's make Masternodes cheap again!
If @babygiraffe and @Minotaur don't get their heads out of their butts; this may happen.

Last edited:
But isn't he entitled to a cheap Masternode camo? I mean he was born! He has inalienable rights! It's probably somewhere in the Constitution, too!

Yes of course. Those who were born in 2017 have inalienable rights to the digital cash of the future, whatever this will be.
They are babies, remember?
Do you condemn the babies to poverty, simply because their parents didnt decide to mine or to buy a masternode?
Or do you think that those babies will decide to use your digital cash, if they are free to do it?
They will not, the 2017 babies will choose their own digital cash, so the only way for the 2017 babies to use your money is either to stupefy them or to force them with the guns (of @camosoul :p)

Last edited:
@Anonymous Dude As you can see, unfortunately, money and corruption has gone to the heads of many masternode operators, they have fantasies of lavish lifestyles while barely lifting a finger. Right now these MNOs are earning 5x or more than they were a year or two ago, and they still refuse to do anything more than keep a server online and pretend they are making important decisions when they're not.

Flick through these forums and you'll see the denials and the lazy ass responses.

If I said, "a corporate will one day issue it's own cryptocurrency", a lot of people might wonder why.. well guess what, dash is increasingly moving to centralised services and offices.. what's the difference other than going about it from the other direction? Don't get me wrong, I think it's interesting to watch from the outside, but heck, I'm convinced other cryptos are moving in better directions.

(and watch them mark me as trolling simply because I don't align with their get-rich-quick schemes)

We're all created equal. After that; keep up.

We are not created equal. Some people are mentaly retarded, some people are even unable to walk or talk.
How is this considered as an equal creation?

The equal thing we have is our soul (if exist).

Millennial Snowflake managed to miss the writing on the wall for 2 years. You would have lost it all on MtGox had you even been around for it...

You missed your moon shot, rather than accept responsibility; "DASH is broken, 'fix it!'" Typical Millennial Snowflake...

Large investors do make the price more stable. If I sold mine, the price would tank back to single digits.

You're a perfect stereotype of the clueless Snowflake that I've referred to as a "cryptotard" for nearly half a decade. You have no idea what's going on, no idea how it works, chase waves like a lemming without paying any attention, and make demands and spout what you imagine to be knowledge while making a fool of yourself and being so clueless you don't even realize it. All because you didn't have (and still don't) sufficient powers of observation.

The most damaging thing about "being offended" is that you learn nothing and keep making the same mistakes.

Sodl when should hodl. Hodl when should sodl... Send a postcard when you submit a gofundme-esque budget proposal demanding DASH refund your losses... I'll be on muh boat, laughing. Please tell me your GPS coordinates so I know the general direction I should be pointing as I laugh.

Buy when there is blood in the streets for no reason. Hold when things surge; just walk away from the computer and go do something outside. Doing this converted my $450 original crypto investment into almost 8 digits. In 6 years. Luck had nothing to do with it. Not being a fuckin' moron is how it happened.
"DASH is still not expensive enough to keep the retards off the masternodes. That's the whole point...

Sodl when should hodl. Hodl when should sodl"

Is your smartphone screen broken or do you not know how to write? You're calling me a retard right? You should either spend some millions to buy a new smartphone or take some English classes. Or fix your eyes, or all of the above.

@Anonymous Dude As you can see, unfortunately, money and corruption has gone to the heads of many masternode operators, they have fantasies of lavish lifestyles while barely lifting a finger. Right now these MNOs are earning 5x or more than they were a year or two ago, and they still refuse to do anything more than keep a server online and pretend they are making important decisions when they're not.

Exactly, the Masternodes did nothing special. Most of them were just lucky, they were in the right place the right time just by chance.
Dash community should stop rewarding them, and take back their voting rights, especially if they decide to outsource the two most important services they offer, the InstantSend and the PrivateSend.

Exactly, the Masternodes did nothing special. Most of them were just lucky, they were in the right place the right time just by chance.
Dash community should stop rewarding them, and take back their voting rights, especially if they decide to outsource the two most important services they offer, the InstantSend and the PrivateSend.

Yes, it's a shame it turned out this way.. I can only dream that core do a pivot into some kind of non-profit.. but fat chance of that happening.

You're an idiot dude. If you didn't read my post, the argument is to reduce the Masternode Dash amount so that I can manage my own Dash instead of having to send it to a guy called "moocowmoo" to be part of the trusted node shares. I can send my Dash to that guy but what happens if he decides to run away with my stuff? What happens if he dies? And besides, who is moocowmoo, is he an it, he or she, is this a group of people?

Flick through these forums and you'll see the denials and the lazy ass responses.

If I said, "a corporate will one day issue it's own cryptocurrency", a lot of people might wonder why.. well guess what, dash is increasingly moving to centralised services and offices.. what's the difference other than going about it from the other direction? Don't get me wrong, I think it's interesting to watch from the outside, but heck, I'm convinced other cryptos are moving in better directions.

(and watch them mark me as trolling simply because I don't align with their get-rich-quick schemes)
Dash is moving in a good direction, it's just some bad apples decided to write in this post, which is understandable. There's always bad apples everywhere. Dash is doing what many other cryptos aren't.

You're an idiot dude. If you didn't read my post, the argument is to reduce the Masternode Dash amount so that I can manage my own Dash instead of having to send it to a guy called "moocowmoo" to be part of the trusted node shares. I can send my Dash to that guy but what happens if he decides to run away with my stuff? What happens if he dies? And besides, who is moocowmoo, is he an it, he or she, is this a group of people?

In order for your questions to be answered, you have to address them to the key persons. @camosoul is not one of them.
If the key persons do not answer to you, then you are welcome to join my club.

@Anonymous Dude

A masternode is a SERVER. We won't need more masternodes unless there is a technical reason for the network needing more servers. Should the MN count drop, this could be arranged, but right now we are at an all time high.
If its just "interest" that you want, you will get that in evolution's "savings account". If it's voting power you want, I'm all for developing trustless masternode shares. But reducing the collateral just for the sake of it is a poor solution for a nonexistent problem.

@Anonymous Dude

A masternode is a SERVER. We won't need more masternodes unless there is a technical reason for the network needing more servers. Should the MN count drop, this could be arranged, but right now we are at an all time high.
If its just "interest" that you want, you will get that in evolution's "savings account". If it's voting power you want, I'm all for developing trustless masternode shares. But reducing the collateral just for the sake of it is a poor solution for a nonexistent problem.

You are asking blockcypher company to offer their uptime services and substitute the InstantSend service of the masternodes network with blockcypher's proprietary service, and you are saying that there is no technical reason for the masternodes number to increase?
As long as you need blockcypher's uptime services, it is obvious that you consider that the masternodes are not enough in order to serve the numerous merhants and customers that you expect to arrive.

Some decisions depend eachother, remember? You have to keep the decisions consistent, otherwise you are a fool.

Last edited:
Back