• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash has cancer, take a look at the xray...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
Hello,

Last year, Robert Więcko (kot) - under the guise of "Project Manager", made a proposal to attend a "monthly blockchain, Bitcoin and startup event". In that proposal, there was no direct mention of Coinfirm or compliance. Here is the original proposal...
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/warsaw-conf-aug2016

As events unfolded, it became apparent that Mr Więcko was being disingenuous with his proposal. In an interview with Amanda, Pawel Kuskowski (CEO and co-founder of Coinfirm) admits he had reached out to Mr Więcko prior to the event. None of this was directly stated in Mr Więcko's proposal, but given the enormity and implications for dash, one might think it was materially important. Here is the interview between Amanda, Mr Więcko and Kuskowski. The interview was held after funding had passed. The relevant statements begin at 3:06 and confirmed at 9:56...

It should also be noted, within dash Mr Więcko's job title is "Project Manager" yet his background is in banking and, in particular, compliance. This is confirmed at 27:05 of Amanda's interview. Perhaps Mr Więcko's job title at dash should be "Compliance Officer"?

To be clear of the facts, here is the meetup page that states the event was being presented and hosted by Coinfirm and the Coinfirm Blockchain Lab. Again, this meetup page was not disclosed to MNOs in Mr Więcko's proposal. You can see Mr Więcko's name at the bottom of the page...
https://www.meetup.com/Warsaw-Block-Monthly-Blockchain-Bitcoin-and-Startup-event/

Mr Więcko has correctly stated that in his financial world, there are rules and regulations. And it is my understanding that when someone is attempting to raise money, they should not omit something that is materially significant. I suggest to you, dear reader, given Mr Więcko was in full knowledge of Coinfirm's attendance and intention, and given his opacity during his money raising, that such matters should be raised with securities regulators.

According to the proposal that you linked to (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/warsaw-conf-aug2016)
This proposal seeks funding for Warsaw Block expenses. Warsaw Block is a monthly blockchain, Bitcoin and startup event organized by satoshi.pl (https://satoshi.pl/)
The satoshi.pl site mentions Coinfirm, and has a link to the eventbrite for all the Warsaw Block events which say that the event is hosted by Coinfirm.

As events unfolded, it became apparent that Mr Więcko was being disingenuous with his proposal. In an interview with Amanda, Pawel Kuskowski (CEO and co-founder of Coinfirm) admits he had reached out to Mr Więcko prior to the event. None of this was directly stated in Mr Więcko's proposal, but given the enormity and implications for dash, one might think it was materially important.

Since Coinfirm was hosting the event, it is neither surprising nor scandalous that kot might have spoken to the organizers before making plans to attend. The cost of 23 dash (about $300 at the time) was a bargain for this. The whole point of attending small events like this is networking and that's exactly what happened. I am glad that you're so excited about it to describe this particular meeting as having such "enormity and implications for Dash", but the same could be said of many potential business opportunities.

According to the proposal that you linked to (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/warsaw-conf-aug2016)

The satoshi.pl site mentions Coinfirm, and has a link to the eventbrite for all the Warsaw Block events which say that the event is hosted by Coinfirm.

Since Coinfirm was hosting the event, it is neither surprising nor scandalous that kot might have spoken to the organizers before making plans to attend. The cost of 23 dash (about $300 at the time) was a bargain for this. The whole point of attending small events like this is networking and that's exactly what happened. I am glad that you're so excited about it to describe this particular meeting as having such "enormity and implications for Dash", but the same could be said of many potential business opportunities.

Since you're so smart, how come you ignored what I said? - "Mr Więcko was being disingenuous with his proposal. In an interview with Amanda, Pawel Kuskowski (CEO and co-founder of Coinfirm) admits he had reached out to Mr Więcko prior to the event. None of this was directly stated in Mr Więcko's proposal..". That's fact, it wasn't directly mentioned. Indeed, the satoshi.pl site that was mentioned, is primarily in Polish.. why wasn't the coinfirm.io site referenced instead? - or is that just a bit too direct?

This is a clear case of you being blind or ignorant to the facts, perhaps because you don't have a problem with criminal behaviour? Yes, attempting to raise money without directly disclosing materially significant information is criminal. It's one thing that you don't know it's illegal to mislead, but Robert Więcko (the banking compliance officer) surely does.

Effectively what you're saying is, it's okay to raise money if you bury or obfuscate the information. Am I wrong? - well let's see, near the end of Amanda's video interview, Amanda was surprised to learn of Robert Więcko's background in banking and compliance. Given Amanda's depth of knowledge in dash, and considering the attention and respect she has within the dash community...how is that such vital info was missing from Mr Więcko's proposal? No doubt you will attempt to attack my words, but you are surprisingly shy to attack Amanda and Evan, even when I provide direct quotes and evidence.

But don't worry about me, perhaps it's time I engage a lawyer to see what they say.

Well @TroyDASH you'll notice that the proposal linked to the dash forum and there was zero mention of Coinfirm or AML/KYC compliance. In fact, let's see what you had to say about it in that thread...

TroyDASH "Is it like a formal presentation (like at d10e) or is it more an informal meetup? If you are preparing a presentation, is there any way you could have it video recorded? Would be willing to fund a little extra for that"

Yes, you was just as clueless at the time! You was mislead yet now you feebly try to defend it.

Well @TroyDASH you'll notice that the proposal linked to the dash forum and there was zero mention of Coinfirm or AML/KYC compliance. In fact, let's see what you had to say about it in that thread...

TroyDASH "Is it like a formal presentation (like at d10e) or is it more an informal meetup? If you are preparing a presentation, is there any way you could have it video recorded? Would be willing to fund a little extra for that"

Yes, you was just as clueless at the time! You was mislead yet now you feebly try to defend it.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. He answered my question (yes it will be a presentation and yes it will be video recorded). The link in the proposal description has the information about the event. And there are more people there than just Coinfirm. Maybe *you* consider the sponsors/host of the event to be materially significant, but I don't, and the information about the event was not "hidden" because it was linked to in the proposal description. We hired him to travel to do a dash presentation and provide dash materials. He did those things.

Reactions: daf
Why @kot does not answer?
Why @TroyDASH plays the role of kot's defender so vigorously?

If the above two asked persons do not answer to my above two questions, I will report them here.

He communicated with the sponsor of an event that he was proposing that Dash attend? And he even linked to more information about the event in the proposal so MN voters could do more research?! That's completely unacceptable!

Or.. maybe you guys are pathetic.

Why @TroyDASH plays the role of kot's defender so vigorously?

If the above two asked persons do not answer to my above two questions, I will report them here.

Because the answers to your questions are obvious, can be answered by anyone, and kot has more productive ways to spend his time.

Because the answers to your questions are obvious, can be answered by anyone, and kot has more productive ways to spend his time.

I do not consider the answer to my question obvious.
So I repeat it. Why you defend @kot so vigorously?
If you are neutral and irrelevant to the case, you should have no incentives to play the @kot's lawyer.

If you keep defending him, and keep refusing to explain the reasons, then I will report you .
But If you stop defending him, then I will forget my question and will not report you .

And of course, let me repeat the second question once again:
He is a member of the dash core team, he is an highly ranked official in Dash.
Is it normal for the core team members not to answer to questions?
All the rest of you, do you accept that kind of behavior?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're getting at. He answered my question (yes it will be a presentation and yes it will be video recorded). The link in the proposal description has the information about the event. And there are more people there than just Coinfirm. Maybe *you* consider the sponsors/host of the event to be materially significant, but I don't, and the information about the event was not "hidden" because it was linked to in the proposal description. We hired him to travel to do a dash presentation and provide dash materials. He did those things.

You're not sure what I'm getting at because you can't understand your own shit. Indeed kot answered your dumb question without once mentioning Coinfirm or AML/KYC compliance. And again - because you didn't get the first time - kot chose not to link to Coinfirm's page or the meetup page but he did link to a website that is entirely written in Polish. And just to highlight how stupid you are, your question to kot at the time was asking what kind of event it was, completely oblivious to the fact that it's main goal was for AML/KYC compliance.

As has been correctly pointed out, MNOs didn't do their research, albeit without being provided with the proper information / not understanding the Polish language. But then how does anyone know which 1047 MNs voted? - because from my research, that number of votes could of been easily attained from just a few key MNOs. What a cozy arrangement that is!

You're not sure what I'm getting at because you can't understand your own shit. Indeed kot answered your dumb question without once mentioning Coinfirm or AML/KYC compliance. And again - because you didn't get the first time - kot chose not to link to Coinfirm's page or the meetup page but he did link to a website that is entirely written in Polish. And just to highlight how stupid you are, your question to kot at the time was asking what kind of event it was, completely oblivious to the fact that it's main goal was for AML/KYC compliance.

As has been correctly pointed out, MNOs didn't do their research, albeit without being provided with the proper information / not understanding the Polish language. But then how does anyone know which 1047 MNs voted? - because from my research, that number of votes could of been easily attained from just a few key MNOs. What a cozy arrangement that is!

My question was whether he was going to give a presentation and whether it would be video recorded. I didn't ask about the other speakers, other attendees, or the sponsors. The presentation and website were in polish, as to be expected from a conference in Warsaw. The graphic images on the website though and the links to the eventbrite, Facebook page,..etc mention the sponsors.

Your comment about the "cozy arrangement" going back to the complaints about vote distribution is unrelated. But considering that the masternode network has approved proposals many times more expensive than this, with the explicit purpose of working on projects for AML/KYC for ATMs and for masternode owners (legal opinion), I don't see why you are picking this one to criticize.

My question was whether he was going to give a presentation and whether it would be video recorded. I didn't ask about the other speakers, other attendees, or the sponsors. The presentation and website were in polish, as to be expected from a conference in Warsaw. The graphic images on the website though and the links to the eventbrite, Facebook page,..etc mention the sponsors.

Your comment about the "cozy arrangement" going back to the complaints about vote distribution is unrelated. But considering that the masternode network has approved proposals many times more expensive than this, with the explicit purpose of working on projects for AML/KYC for ATMs and for masternode owners (legal opinion), I don't see why you are picking this one to criticize.

You don't understand the criticism because in your argument, the outcome of the vote is more important than whether it was corrupt or not! Pathetic really, clearly no morals.

It should also be noted, while you claim many proposals have successfully passed, those proposal (including this one) have successfully passed with less than 25% of the totally number of masternodes available. And given 1047 votes can be easily achieved from just a handful of people, I'd say the number of MNs owned by just a few individuals is highly relevant. This leads one to ask, why was there only 11 no votes? - suddenly the pin drops and you realise that Coinfirm and AML/KYC compliance was not directly mentioned on the proposal! - for it were, the outcome might of been different. That, sir, is called corruption.

Actually, your limp explanation doesn't hold water because from Amanda's video, it is clear she had no idea how the dash-Coinfirm alliance came about... which is exactly why Robert Więcko and Pawel Kuskowski had to explain it.

You don't understand the criticism because in your argument, the outcome of the vote is more important than whether it was corrupt or not! Pathetic really, clearly no morals.

It should also be noted, while you claim many proposals have successfully passed, those proposal (including this one) have successfully passed with less than 25% of the totally number of masternodes available. And given 1047 votes can be easily achieved from just a handful of people, I'd say the number of MNs owned by just a few individuals is highly relevant. This leads one to ask, why was there only 11 no votes? - suddenly the pin drops and you realise that Coinfirm and AML/KYC compliance was not directly mentioned on the proposal! - for it were, the outcome might of been different. That, sir, is called corruption.

While this would not have affected my vote (and almost certainly would not have affected the outcome), I can acknowledge that it might have affected some votes (like yours, if you have a MN). However, please keep in mind that this occurred before it was apparent that some people in our community are passionately opposed to Coinfirm. Going forward, because people like yourself have spoken out strongly against Coinfirm, I think it would make sense for it to be mentioned in future proposals if they are involved. But at the time, it wasn't really unreasonable to think that a very cheap proposal to fund a dash presentation and a networking opportunity with various companies would have caused such drama.

While this would not have affected my vote (and almost certainly would not have affected the outcome), I can acknowledge that it might have affected some votes (like yours, if you have a MN). However, please keep in mind that this occurred before it was apparent that some people in our community are passionately opposed to Coinfirm. Going forward, because people like yourself have spoken out strongly against Coinfirm, I think it would make sense for it to be mentioned in future proposals if they are involved. But at the time, it wasn't really unreasonable to think that a very cheap proposal to fund a dash presentation and a networking opportunity with various companies would have caused such drama.

Yes, exactly, which is why I believe it was intentionally omitted / understated. I'm pretty sure that Robert Więcko, at least, was already sensitive to the idea of how much friction it might of caused.

Hello @GrandMasterDash ,
It is strange to see how much time you dedicate for this conversation instead of asking me on Slack or just sending PM. This is really waste of your time.
So let me give you an answer. The reality is that I did not know anything about Coinfirm before that event. I was invited by Maciej from satoshi.pl - one of the first Bitcoiners in Poland (very active and known promoter of crypto-currencies in Poland).
Maciej asked if I want to present Dash during the meetup to make some "fresh air" there because before these were totally Bitcoin-centric events. I agreed - it was a great opportunity for me, as I come from Poland. During the event, after the presentation, I have met Pawel and Grant from Coinfirm. This was the first time when I learned about this company.

You have referred to my professional experience - here is my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertwiecko/
It would be insult to all Compliance Officers over the world to use the same title for me :). Do you think that 1 year as a PM in IT Compliance department of UBS made me a Compliance Officer? So who am I after so many years in HP? A printer? Or maybe a few years of work for pharma companies made me a doctor? :D

Last edited:
Hello @GrandMasterDash ,
It is strange to see how much time you dedicate for this conversation instead of asking me on Slack or just sending PM. This is really waste of your time.
So let me give you an answer. The reality is that I did not know anything about Coinfirm before that event. I was invited by Maciej from satoshi.pl - one of the first Bitcoiners in Poland (very active and known promoter of crypto-currencies in Poland).
Maciej asked if I want to present Dash during the meetup to make some "fresh air" there because before these were totally Bitcoin-centric events. I agreed - it was a great opportunity for me, as I come from Poland. During the event, after the presentation, I have and met Pawel and Grant from Coinfirm. This was the first time when I learned about this company.

You have referred to my professional experience - here is my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertwiecko/
It would be insult to all Compliance Officers over the world to use the same title for me :). Do you think that 1 year as a PM in IT Compliance department of UBS made me a Compliance Officer? So who am I after so many years in HP? A printer? Or maybe a few years of work for pharma companies made me a doctor? :D

Save your excuses for someone else.

For anyone who has not watched Amanda's interview, here are the relevant transcriptions..

Pawel Kuskowski (3:06): "We invited dash to our Warsaw Block..."

Robert Więcko (9:56): "I was attracted by the offer of Coinfirm back in Warsaw as Pawel stated. I was invited to Warsaw to speak about dash and explain what dash features are..."

...and indeed this is confirmed by the Warsaw Block meetup page that was not mentioned in your proposal:
https://www.meetup.com/Warsaw-Block-Monthly-Blockchain-Bitcoin-and-Startup-event/

Forgive me for presenting the evidence twice, it just seems you didn't bother going through it before changing your story.

I'm not interested in your excuses. My sole interest is to rid dash of abuse and corruption in the budget system. And yes, seeking to raise money while omitting strategically important information is abuse.

And btw, I have twice attempted to engage Coinfirm with a view to analysing the masternode network (nodes not users), but they have failed to respond.

I am not here to share any excuses or dispel your illusions. You have asked, I gave you an answer - this is what normal people do. Your interpretation of my words is your problem (as it starts to look more like obsession to me).

Read what you quoted and compare to what I wrote. There is no contradictions there. Pawel said "we invited" - sure. Does it mean that he invited me in person or maybe multiple people did it at the same time or maybe his employee etc? I was invited by Maciek, who is his partner in Coinfirm. But I did not know about this that time - I knew him from satoshi.pl as a prominent Polish cryptocurrency promoter and founder of the first Bitcoin Embassy in Europe. That's it - there is no big story or conspiracy behind it. I know you feel disappointed... well...
Sorry but I won't waste more time on this topic. There are much bigger things happening in Dash.
Good night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back