Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Dash has cancer, take a look at the xray...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrandMasterDash, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Hello,

Last year, Robert Więcko (kot) - under the guise of "Project Manager", made a proposal to attend a "monthly blockchain, Bitcoin and startup event". In that proposal, there was no direct mention of Coinfirm or compliance. Here is the original proposal...
    https://www.dashcentral.org/p/warsaw-conf-aug2016

As events unfolded, it became apparent that Mr Więcko was being disingenuous with his proposal. In an interview with Amanda, Pawel Kuskowski (CEO and co-founder of Coinfirm) admits he had reached out to Mr Więcko prior to the event. None of this was directly stated in Mr Więcko's proposal, but given the enormity and implications for dash, one might think it was materially important. Here is the interview between Amanda, Mr Więcko and Kuskowski. The interview was held after funding had passed. The relevant statements begin at 3:06 and confirmed at 9:56...

It should also be noted, within dash Mr Więcko's job title is "Project Manager" yet his background is in banking and, in particular, compliance. This is confirmed at 27:05 of Amanda's interview. Perhaps Mr Więcko's job title at dash should be "Compliance Officer"?

To be clear of the facts, here is the meetup page that states the event was being presented and hosted by Coinfirm and the Coinfirm Blockchain Lab. Again, this meetup page was not disclosed to MNOs in Mr Więcko's proposal. You can see Mr Więcko's name at the bottom of the page...
    https://www.meetup.com/Warsaw-Block-Monthly-Blockchain-Bitcoin-and-Startup-event/

Mr Więcko has correctly stated that in his financial world, there are rules and regulations. And it is my understanding that when someone is attempting to raise money, they should not omit something that is materially significant. I suggest to you, dear reader, given Mr Więcko was in full knowledge of Coinfirm's attendance and intention, and given his opacity during his money raising, that such matters should be raised with securities regulators.

• Trolling Trolling x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TroyDASH

TroyDASH Well-known Member

According to the proposal that you linked to (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/warsaw-conf-aug2016)
    The satoshi.pl site mentions Coinfirm, and has a link to the eventbrite for all the Warsaw Block events which say that the event is hosted by Coinfirm.

Since Coinfirm was hosting the event, it is neither surprising nor scandalous that kot might have spoken to the organizers before making plans to attend. The cost of 23 dash (about $300 at the time) was a bargain for this. The whole point of attending small events like this is networking and that's exactly what happened. I am glad that you're so excited about it to describe this particular meeting as having such "enormity and implications for Dash", but the same could be said of many potential business opportunities.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  3. GrandMasterDash

Since you're so smart, how come you ignored what I said? - "Mr Więcko was being disingenuous with his proposal. In an interview with Amanda, Pawel Kuskowski (CEO and co-founder of Coinfirm) admits he had reached out to Mr Więcko prior to the event. None of this was directly stated in Mr Więcko's proposal..". That's fact, it wasn't directly mentioned. Indeed, the satoshi.pl site that was mentioned, is primarily in Polish.. why wasn't the coinfirm.io site referenced instead? - or is that just a bit too direct?

This is a clear case of you being blind or ignorant to the facts, perhaps because you don't have a problem with criminal behaviour? Yes, attempting to raise money without directly disclosing materially significant information is criminal. It's one thing that you don't know it's illegal to mislead, but Robert Więcko (the banking compliance officer) surely does.

Effectively what you're saying is, it's okay to raise money if you bury or obfuscate the information. Am I wrong? - well let's see, near the end of Amanda's video interview, Amanda was surprised to learn of Robert Więcko's background in banking and compliance. Given Amanda's depth of knowledge in dash, and considering the attention and respect she has within the dash community...how is that such vital info was missing from Mr Więcko's proposal? No doubt you will attempt to attack my words, but you are surprisingly shy to attack Amanda and Evan, even when I provide direct quotes and evidence.

But don't worry about me, perhaps it's time I engage a lawyer to see what they say.

GrandMasterDash
    This message by GrandMasterDash has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
  4. GrandMasterDash

Well @TroyDASH you'll notice that the proposal linked to the dash forum and there was zero mention of Coinfirm or AML/KYC compliance. In fact, let's see what you had to say about it in that thread...

TroyDASH "Is it like a formal presentation (like at d10e) or is it more an informal meetup? If you are preparing a presentation, is there any way you could have it video recorded? Would be willing to fund a little extra for that"

Yes, you was just as clueless at the time! You was mislead yet now you feebly try to defend it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  5. TroyDASH

I'm not sure what you're getting at. He answered my question (yes it will be a presentation and yes it will be video recorded). The link in the proposal description has the information about the event. And there are more people there than just Coinfirm. Maybe *you* consider the sponsors/host of the event to be materially significant, but I don't, and the information about the event was not "hidden" because it was linked to in the proposal description. We hired him to travel to do a dash presentation and provide dash materials. He did those things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
    Why @kot does not answer?
    Why @TroyDASH plays the role of kot's defender so vigorously?

If the above two asked persons do not answer to my above two questions, I will report them here.

demo
    This message by demo has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Trolling Trolling x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. spatula

spatula Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

He communicated with the sponsor of an event that he was proposing that Dash attend? And he even linked to more information about the event in the proposal so MN voters could do more research?! That's completely unacceptable!

Or.. maybe you guys are pathetic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TroyDASH

Because the answers to your questions are obvious, can be answered by anyone, and kot has more productive ways to spend his time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. jimbit

jimbit Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

I stopped reading at 300 dollars!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
    I do not consider the answer to my question obvious.
    So I repeat it. Why you defend @kot so vigorously?
    If you are neutral and irrelevant to the case, you should have no incentives to play the @kot's lawyer.

If you keep defending him, and keep refusing to explain the reasons, then I will report you .
    But If you stop defending him, then I will forget my question and will not report you .

And of course, let me repeat the second question once again:
    Why @kot does not answer?
    He is a member of the dash core team, he is an highly ranked official in Dash.
    Is it normal for the core team members not to answer to questions?
    All the rest of you, do you accept that kind of behavior?

#10 demo, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    demo
    This message by demo has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Trolling Trolling x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. GrandMasterDash

You're not sure what I'm getting at because you can't understand your own shit. Indeed kot answered your dumb question without once mentioning Coinfirm or AML/KYC compliance. And again - because you didn't get the first time - kot chose not to link to Coinfirm's page or the meetup page but he did link to a website that is entirely written in Polish. And just to highlight how stupid you are, your question to kot at the time was asking what kind of event it was, completely oblivious to the fact that it's main goal was for AML/KYC compliance.

As has been correctly pointed out, MNOs didn't do their research, albeit without being provided with the proper information / not understanding the Polish language. But then how does anyone know which 1047 MNs voted? - because from my research, that number of votes could of been easily attained from just a few key MNOs. What a cozy arrangement that is!

12. TroyDASH

My question was whether he was going to give a presentation and whether it would be video recorded. I didn't ask about the other speakers, other attendees, or the sponsors. The presentation and website were in polish, as to be expected from a conference in Warsaw. The graphic images on the website though and the links to the eventbrite, Facebook page,..etc mention the sponsors.

Your comment about the "cozy arrangement" going back to the complaints about vote distribution is unrelated. But considering that the masternode network has approved proposals many times more expensive than this, with the explicit purpose of working on projects for AML/KYC for ATMs and for masternode owners (legal opinion), I don't see why you are picking this one to criticize.

13. GrandMasterDash

You don't understand the criticism because in your argument, the outcome of the vote is more important than whether it was corrupt or not! Pathetic really, clearly no morals.

It should also be noted, while you claim many proposals have successfully passed, those proposal (including this one) have successfully passed with less than 25% of the totally number of masternodes available. And given 1047 votes can be easily achieved from just a handful of people, I'd say the number of MNs owned by just a few individuals is highly relevant. This leads one to ask, why was there only 11 no votes? - suddenly the pin drops and you realise that Coinfirm and AML/KYC compliance was not directly mentioned on the proposal! - for it were, the outcome might of been different. That, sir, is called corruption.

14. GrandMasterDash

Actually, your limp explanation doesn't hold water because from Amanda's video, it is clear she had no idea how the dash-Coinfirm alliance came about... which is exactly why Robert Więcko and Pawel Kuskowski had to explain it.

15. TroyDASH

While this would not have affected my vote (and almost certainly would not have affected the outcome), I can acknowledge that it might have affected some votes (like yours, if you have a MN). However, please keep in mind that this occurred before it was apparent that some people in our community are passionately opposed to Coinfirm. Going forward, because people like yourself have spoken out strongly against Coinfirm, I think it would make sense for it to be mentioned in future proposals if they are involved. But at the time, it wasn't really unreasonable to think that a very cheap proposal to fund a dash presentation and a networking opportunity with various companies would have caused such drama.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. GrandMasterDash

Yes, exactly, which is why I believe it was intentionally omitted / understated. I'm pretty sure that Robert Więcko, at least, was already sensitive to the idea of how much friction it might of caused.

17. kot

kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

Hello @GrandMasterDash ,
    It is strange to see how much time you dedicate for this conversation instead of asking me on Slack or just sending PM. This is really waste of your time.
    So let me give you an answer. The reality is that I did not know anything about Coinfirm before that event. I was invited by Maciej from satoshi.pl - one of the first Bitcoiners in Poland (very active and known promoter of crypto-currencies in Poland).
    Maciej asked if I want to present Dash during the meetup to make some "fresh air" there because before these were totally Bitcoin-centric events. I agreed - it was a great opportunity for me, as I come from Poland. During the event, after the presentation, I have met Pawel and Grant from Coinfirm. This was the first time when I learned about this company.

You have referred to my professional experience - here is my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertwiecko/
    It would be insult to all Compliance Officers over the world to use the same title for me :). Do you think that 1 year as a PM in IT Compliance department of UBS made me a Compliance Officer? So who am I after so many years in HP? A printer? Or maybe a few years of work for pharma companies made me a doctor? :D

#17 kot, Feb 17, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. GrandMasterDash

Save your excuses for someone else.

For anyone who has not watched Amanda's interview, here are the relevant transcriptions..

Pawel Kuskowski (3:06): "We invited dash to our Warsaw Block..."

Robert Więcko (9:56): "I was attracted by the offer of Coinfirm back in Warsaw as Pawel stated. I was invited to Warsaw to speak about dash and explain what dash features are..."

...and indeed this is confirmed by the Warsaw Block meetup page that was not mentioned in your proposal:
    https://www.meetup.com/Warsaw-Block-Monthly-Blockchain-Bitcoin-and-Startup-event/

Forgive me for presenting the evidence twice, it just seems you didn't bother going through it before changing your story.

I'm not interested in your excuses. My sole interest is to rid dash of abuse and corruption in the budget system. And yes, seeking to raise money while omitting strategically important information is abuse.

GrandMasterDash
    This message by GrandMasterDash has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Trolling Trolling x 4
  19. GrandMasterDash

And btw, I have twice attempted to engage Coinfirm with a view to analysing the masternode network (nodes not users), but they have failed to respond.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. kot

kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

I am not here to share any excuses or dispel your illusions. You have asked, I gave you an answer - this is what normal people do. Your interpretation of my words is your problem (as it starts to look more like obsession to me).

Read what you quoted and compare to what I wrote. There is no contradictions there. Pawel said "we invited" - sure. Does it mean that he invited me in person or maybe multiple people did it at the same time or maybe his employee etc? I was invited by Maciek, who is his partner in Coinfirm. But I did not know about this that time - I knew him from satoshi.pl as a prominent Polish cryptocurrency promoter and founder of the first Bitcoin Embassy in Europe. That's it - there is no big story or conspiracy behind it. I know you feel disappointed... well...
    Sorry but I won't waste more time on this topic. There are much bigger things happening in Dash.
    Good night :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. Walter

Walter Active Member

@GrandMasterDash , with respect, you need to get a grip.. You're creating an issue out of nothing. The amount requested for the budget was entirely reasonable and - with respect to @kot - chump change in the scheme of things.. Kot is not here to 'game' the DGBB system for his own personal gain at the expense of the Dash project. It was merely to cover genuine expenses at a networking event that was entirely within the interests of Dash for him to attend.

"Judge a man by what he does, not what he says..."

All I can say about Kot is that I see him DOING GOOD things for Dash on a daily basis. I don't see you doing good things for Dash... You seem to have a lot to say though!

The case you're referring to specifically was for something negligible like $300 in any case... Are you fucking for real...??! I own and run a modest business that has <20 staff, with turnover around $1m a year - less than the current Dash treasury budget(!) - and I wouldn't even dream of berating a member of my team for spending $300 on anything relevant to the betterment of the company, even if it turned out not to be good value... Why? Because people wouldn't want to work for me! Growing a successful organisation isn't about who can be the biggest control freak jerk. Nobody wants to work for jerks...

Get off the Team's back and let talented, dedicated individuals get on with doing what they love doing. For every $1 of mistakes they cost you, you'll see $10 of value added.

Walter

#21 Walter, Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator
    Linguistic Dash Core Team Foundation Member

I have only one question. Why is it that you fear Coinfirm? Why is it that you don't want Dash to participate with a firm that enables businesses to comply with KYC? I suppose this is a rule, Law, whatever, that you're hoping cryptocurrencies will erase. I can't say that I would mind that. But on the other hand, I would like to see Dash take over the real world. Businesses are one of our real-world users and they have needs. Coinfirm assess risks from where businesses accept money. It is not a firm that spies on the blockchain and realistically will never be able to spy on private send. I think your fear is misplaced but I don't disagree that we must keep an eye on this.

As far as Kot having a financial background in banking, this does not mean he is our enemy. On the contrary, having people with banking backgrounds gives us an Insider view on how Banks work. This should strengthen Dash.

Personally I want to take over the world's finances and how the world uses money. I think the way that Dash is approaching this is the most mature and intelligent way anyone has ever proposed to do this. If this makes you feel as though dash is simply becoming the same as the existing Financial system of the world, I would beg to differ. Crypto-currencies still have in-built rules that are not easy to change without consensus. Cryptocurrencies like Dash have set rules and cannot be manipulated by a government.

We cannot turn back time and make the marketplace simpler and we cannot purport to be intelligent enough to change all the rules and laws that the government's have laid out. We are merely creating a financial system that is more stable and less subject to manipulation by governments due to politically motivated pressures. So when some of our members like you become upset because we are finding ways to integrate with the real world, there is simply nothing that we can say to please you. You do not want to integrate with the real world.

I think the best way to put this is that most Dash community members want to throw out the dirty bath water but keep the baby. Whereas some people who are so idealistic that they cannot see that their vision if followed would create catastrophe either for the world or for the project would throw out the baby with the bathwater.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  23. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator

One more thing I would like to add is that I follow the economist / philosopher Friedrich Hayek. This man was absolutely brilliant. And if you read his thesis on basically currency competition, you will see that true health for currency is competition which is what Dash Bitcoin and any other surviving coin of the future provides. These are international currencies which government-issued Fiat will not be able to ignore and will not be able to ban from a society. This means that even Fiat if it should survive will have to compete against cryptocurrencies and become better than what they are today in order to survive. Do not quote, please, Gresham's law, which says that bad money will drive out good because this is only true when bad money can monopolize. And as you see above, governments cannot enforce the use of their Fiat when cryptocurrency is available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. lynx

lynx Active Member

I beg to differ, this firm absolutely does spy on the blockchain. That is the very reason we aspire for fungibility, so that some coins are not worth less than other just because of where they've been.
    But otherwise I agree with you. Hayek FTW

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator

I guess what I meant was that they can't spy on you on the blockchain if private send is generally used. Evan once had the vision where private send would be used on a basic level all the time. I do hope that that will come to pass someday. And I want that to come to pass because of fungibility and if everyone is using it even for just one mix it will be entirely impossible to tell where coins came from or where they're going.. of course I'm talking about when we have mass adoption and we have millions of transactions an hour. At that point I don't see why anyone would be to mix where the ones between receiving and sending.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. lynx

lynx Active Member

Well, just because they can't. That's why I oppose them on principle.

PS: But I'm curious about what they would say about an anonymized dash transaction,

#26 lynx, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  27. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator

Coinfirm, as I understand it, doesn't view the use of Private send in itself as a negative thing. I don't know all their metrics, but basically, the company puts a risk analysis on each transaction a firm accepts. There is always a risk, including with cash vs checks vs whatever, and that's what Coinfirm provides, a quick analysis of KYC transactions that allow such firms to accept Dash. Without this, these firms couldn't accept Dash. Personally, I think the main problem comes with incoming transactions over the prescribed limit, such as $10,000 or more in the USA. Who transacts at such a high level? Well, used car sales, jewelry, many things...

That's what Coinfirm is trying to do, provide a service so that these companies can accept Dash as a payment where they otherwise couldn't. At smaller "cash/Dash" amounts, there is no need for such a service. KYC doesn't even come into play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. lynx

lynx Active Member

@TanteStefana
    No, I can't accept this. If this would mean firms can't accept an anonymised Dash payment just because it is a large payment, we are doing it wrong.

No, there is no risk when accepting instantsend payments over the dash network. If there was a risk, you would than have to accept that there is no fungibility in the dash network. This is bullshit.

#28 lynx, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator

Who says they can't accept anonymized large payments? Firms can accept whatever they want. They won't accept any Dash without covering their asses though if there were no way to quantify risk. Coinfirm does this with Bitcoin as well. Private Send is only one variable in their analysis! It's not considered bad in and of itself. But again, if you feel somehow a crypto currency can not only take over the world but also rebuild it from the ground up, then awesome. I think that's too narrow in scope and destined to fail. We have to do everything fiat can do only better. When that happens, there will be big pressure to reduce the size of government and it will wipe out a lot of corruption naturally. Otherwise, we simply fail at bettering the world.

30. lynx

lynx Active Member

We already do everything fiat aims to do and better (in the eyes of the user). Maybe in the eyes of the government we don't.
    Okay, then, I challenge you. Show me a Dash anonymized transaction in the coinfirm explorer that has a clean rating. If it doesn't exist, it means they are useless, and if it does, well, it means they are useless too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.