• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

dash retail ambassador proposal

paleo

Hello All,
Here below is my proposal recently uploaded to dash. This is a first time for me.
I look forward to any comments Positive, Negative or otherwise. I submitted this proposal with the hope that this is a value to the Dash Community as best I understand it. I expect to have a better grasp of the aspirations and needs of the dash community through this process. I have included some background about myself at the end but am open to a live call with any voting members.

Attachments

• Dash Proposal upload jan 18 2017.pdf
    59.5 KB · Views: 129
good idea and definately needed
but tbh we had a similar proposal recently (100 merchants for x Dash) and that failed hard to deliver
how do you propose yours will go any different than the other (who maybe managed 10 merchants all together) ?

but tbh we had a similar proposal recently (100 merchants for x Dash) and that failed hard to deliver
how do you propose yours will go any different than the other (who maybe managed 10 merchants all together) ?

Well, Everyone has a different skill set.

I have succeeded in this and similar marketing events in incredible ways. I got 500 merchants in the local food system to put actual food products into my distribution system on credit. That was appx 50,000$/ week.

There is something about having passion about a subject as part of being persuasive. On the subject of those merchants - I actually worked with them one one one for some time and got them all on board. Its the personal touch with real conviction behind it.

I have been a huge fan of Dash for some time and have brought it the the attention of many people already- none of who had any experience with crypto at all.

I can share sooooo many war stories that underscore this point.
I once convinced an entire community ( DC area) to rezone my building.

That was many many many meetings with stakeholders community members leaders and politicians and received a unanimous vote by the city,

The federal government overturned it while under construction claiming it was higher than the capitol per the 1910 height act. It was unprecedented to overturn a unanimous govt decision.

I then got them to approve AN EVEN TALLER BUILDING!

I can back up anything I say if one needs more info. I admit I am new to this field but like Amanda J . After reading the creature from Jeckle Island I had to do a full rethink and this lead to much much research and learning.

Now hear we are. There is NO chance I will not get those numbers.

I have more anecdotes that would underscore this claim if you are not already glazed over.

PS - I apologize for the small posts - I must be having tech difficulties. The forum rejected my single reply so I had to post it line by line .

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems legit... [/sarc]

This project jumps the gun... There is no means by which DASH can service retail at this time. Even if you get positive interest, you are physically incapable of taking yes for an answer. You can't deliver anything to them. There is no product or service to facilitate what you're promoting.

Are Cryptotards so accustomed to chasing cars they'll never catch, that they really have no idea what needs to be done next, and don't even bother to consider the ability to follow through?

If a girl gave you her phone number for the first time, ever; do you not realize you are completely ill equipped too do everything that comes next? You don't even know what it is...

Even if you get 1000 retailers to say "OMG! We totally want the DASH in our POS!" What are you going to do next? Be a total let down, that's what. "Oh, uh, we're impotent to make good on everything we just said..."

Maybe you are the best guy for this job. What are you actually going to do if someone agrees that DASH is for them?

My position was that of "We know we don't have something, the point is that we're looking for retailers willing to experiment with us and make it work as retailers want it to work." The leadership and the community shit all over it...

What's your plan? Do you even have a plan? I wonder if you've bothered to think it through because you seem not to have noticed that you can't follow through even in the best outcome.

tl;dr - How are you going to deliver functioning retail service when they say yes?

Last edited:
The reason why the previous endeavor failed is not because the person who attempted the task was bad at it.

It failed because of the inability to execute on the promotion. This is why all this PR crap is meaningless. Salesmen with nothing to sell.

Maybe he's the best guy for this job. Maybe he's the best guy who ever lived. When the vendor finds out you're bloviating over vaporware, you didn't just blow the lead, you pushed them away permanently by being an ass clown and making the whole project look stupid.

This has been the problem for 2 years now. You forgot that you can't run with the ball, if you haven't caught it yet. And you keep on making the same mistake, and trashing anyone who points it out.

You can't sell something that doesn't exist. For lack of the necessary supporting services, DASH does not exist. You thought it was all going to be handed to you for free. It wasn't.

I've been telling you for 2 years, but you insist on learning the hard way what most 5 year olds know without being told...

The reason why the previous endeavor failed is not because the person who attempted the task was bad at it.

It failed because of the inability to execute on the promotion. This is why all this PR crap is meaningless. Salesmen with nothing to sell.

Maybe he's the best guy for this job. Maybe he's the best guy who ever lived. When the vendor finds out you're bloviating over vaporware, you didn't just blow the lead, you pushed them away permanently by being an ass clown and making the whole project look stupid.

This has been the problem for 2 years now. You forgot that you can't run with the ball, if you haven't caught it yet. And you keep on making the same mistake, and trashing anyone who points it out.

You can't sell something that doesn't exist. For lack of the necessary supporting services, DASH does not exist. You thought it was all going to be handed to you for free. It wasn't.

I've been telling you for 2 years, but you insist on learning the hard way what most 5 year olds know without being told...

camo camo camo
bitching and moaning - same old story - yes you knew it all before and are still sitting on your boat - smarter than everybody else

yes merchants adoption is not easy
yes we need sales terminals and whatnot
nobody is ignoring it
nobody is expecting it to be handed to us for free
are people working on it ? yes they are
nobody is trashing anybody here except you

Paleo is an old friend. I got him into btc a while back and then he turned me on to dash. I am now a mn. Paleo is brilliant, insightful and a great asset to any team. We'd be lucky to have him on our team. And for good measure, I say these things of my own accord so that everyone may have an insight into his character.

Seems legit... [/sarc]

This project jumps the gun... There is no means by which DASH can service retail at this time. Even if you get positive interest, you are physically incapable of taking yes for an answer. You can't deliver anything to them. There is no product or service to facilitate what you're promoting.

Are Cryptotards so accustomed to chasing cars they'll never catch, that they really have no idea what needs to be done next, and don't even bother to consider the ability to follow through?

If a girl gave you her phone number for the first time, ever; do you not realize you are completely ill equipped too do everything that comes next? You don't even know what it is...

Even if you get 1000 retailers to say "OMG! We totally want the DASH in our POS!" What are you going to do next? Be a total let down, that's what. "Oh, uh, we're impotent to make good on everything we just said..."

Maybe you are the best guy for this job. What are you actually going to do if someone agrees that DASH is for them?

My position was that of "We know we don't have something, the point is that we're looking for retailers willing to experiment with us and make it work as retailers want it to work." The leadership and the community shit all over it...

What's your plan? Do you even have a plan? I wonder if you've bothered to think it through because you seem not to have noticed that you can't follow through even in the best outcome.

tl;dr - How are you going to deliver functioning retail service when they say yes?

Hello Camosoul,

Actually there are many barriers. But for such a small group of retailers its really not an issue . I personally have to do much of the bridging where tech and customer interaction really are not yet there.

Here is what I did Sunday Jan 22. I took the afternoon to simply execute what another had asked me to do: signup 2 or 3 merchants. I called a wood fired pizza restaurant. I thought He was the right choice because he is so far low tech that it would be a challenge. He met me at his restaurant even though he was closed Sundays and it’s his only day off. As we chatted he admitted that his 70 % of his customers do not even have a CELL PHONE as he thought I was going to pitch him some way to reach online customers or something. I explained what bitcoin and crypto currency was and how another currency Dash had solved some of the limits they witnessed in bitcoin. He said his brother in law knew something about this but he did not. I opened up 2 computers as we sat and showed him how I send currency from one to the other. I explained that after we set him up to take dash as a proof of concept project I would reach out to residents I knew in the community to patronize his store and buy pizzas at now more than 20$ each per transaction. I was going to create customers for him who were in possession of Dash. Since He did not have a laptop I was going to lend him an I-pad ( one of many I have that have their own cell connection). He could keep it for a month while we try this. We would setup a Dash wallet on that. I was going to focus on carryout customers only – since I did not want him to train staff and worry that they could not manage transactions. He was used to credit card orders over the phone and so this was easy fro him. He and staff could watch the payment hit his wallet after they were given the amount by the staff. At the end of trial period He could either keep the dash or I would buy it from him. As he was concerned about bookkeeping that did not flow through his register I recommended we cap the experiment at a certain dollar amount and that we put that in cash in a paper envelope and that his staff pull the cash out of the envelope and put it in the register, I even offered to put 150$ in the spare envelope and we would settle up after the deal was finished.

OF COURSE HE agreed- it took me one hour.

Why did he agree? Because I have a long history with him and over 500 other merchants in the region after years of doing business with them. I got 10K in sales for his small pizza co online by designing a line of frozen pizza for him.

I got him an article written about him in an important foodie magazine.

I have permission from him to give out all of his information. And in the next several days his wallet address. I can send him 30 new customers who have Dash That I have setup with wallets personally. He knows I deliver and further that I am trustworthy.

I took away his apprehension about technology, crypto currency, staff encumbrance, bookkeeping etc. and only send him new customers that I created.

Next up – I called another merchant over for BBQ. He came over immediately. He builds energy efficient institutional buildings such as wineries, churches, schools etc. Out of straw bales and timberframe techniques ( see Pipin Hill winery Charlottesville va to start). I have permission to publish his name etc. His average project is 1-5M. At the end of the evening he too was more than open to get started with dash. I had been sending him articles and links to Dash videos and value trends such explaining how he needs to get involved. He will need my assistance to sell off dash in the markets, as his payroll/ materials needs must be met with fiat weekly. We will add those transaction costs into the bid when taking contracts in Dash. So he’s on board. I send him customers too.

After that I also setup a small chicken farmer, a business consultant in NY, and may soon have raw milk cow shares available in dash. I’m the market maker and will aid in buying out dash as needed. One of my customers just bought a master node on my urging. So he needed 1000 Dash. I got ALL that done in 8 hrs. No pay.

I hope to setup a one armed Amish guy who has no electricity in Lancaster PA. I sold about 15K of his killer handmade yogurt and secretly sold his raw milk too. I have literally thousands of favors to call in.

I wonder how the others got stuff done?

my pizza man3 standing in organic indoor tomato grove.jpg

@paleo Best of luck on your proposal.

This will fail unless you can make a sustainable model that the merchant will want to use. Giving a few incentives for a month or two will just get a merchant to try Dash and quit a few months later. Think like how a credit card gains adoption. They give advantages to the merchant, lower thefts(less cash), faster transactions(no money counting), ability to instantly refund a transaction. They buyer gets 1% back, ability to reverse a transaction if there is a problem with the product or it isn't delivered. The biggest reason credit cards gained adoption is that they took out fees from transactions to pay for a sales force, provided terminals, and then gave some fees to the user so it they would use their card.

So you try to get a merchant to make a change to Dash because they save a few %. They have nobody to call for help. They are tied to a wallet on a phone or computer that can't be used by other people.(think manager only transactions) They have to go to an exchange to trade Dash to Bitcoin and then another to trade Bitcoin to fiat. They have just lost their 2% exchanging back to fiat. Merchant is losing money, with no support and customers are stuck waiting for "the manager" on every transaction. This is a total disaster.

The Dash core has no desire to actually gain merchant tools or make it easier for adoption until Evolution is out(maybe 2018). What is needed is a way for a merchant to take Dash just like a credit card terminal and have fiat go into their bank account. You also need a sales team to show how to do it and answer questions. You also need to detect InstantX on each transaction or bounce it back. There is no point in using Dash without InstantX since Bitcoin can already do all of that.

There is the answer, can you build it?

@Solarminer i'd back with more false accusations o_O but we are used to that by now

speaking of terminal and such @paleo - talk to kodaxx he is working on a terminal here
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashpay-point-of-sale.12542/#post-110208

and check blockpay - owner is in here too
(he has a cool ambassador program you should check out)
@paleo Best of luck on your proposal.

This will fail unless you can make a sustainable model that the merchant will want to use. Giving a few incentives for a month or two will just get a merchant to try Dash and quit a few months later. Think like how a credit card gains adoption. They give advantages to the merchant, lower thefts(less cash), faster transactions(no money counting), ability to instantly refund a transaction. They buyer gets 1% back, ability to reverse a transaction if there is a problem with the product or it isn't delivered. The biggest reason credit cards gained adoption is that they took out fees from transactions to pay for a sales force, provided terminals, and then gave some fees to the user so it they would use their card.

So you try to get a merchant to make a change to Dash because they save a few %. They have nobody to call for help. They are tied to a wallet on a phone or computer that can't be used by other people.(think manager only transactions) They have to go to an exchange to trade Dash to Bitcoin and then another to trade Bitcoin to fiat. They have just lost their 2% exchanging back to fiat. Merchant is losing money, with no support and customers are stuck waiting for "the manager" on every transaction. This is a total disaster.

The Dash core has no desire to actually gain merchant tools or make it easier for adoption until Evolution is out(maybe 2018). What is needed is a way for a merchant to take Dash just like a credit card terminal and have fiat go into their bank account. You also need a sales team to show how to do it and answer questions. You also need to detect InstantX on each transaction or bounce it back. There is no point in using Dash without InstantX since Bitcoin can already do all of that.

There is the answer, can you build it?
Hello, As goofy as my method is- I am selling the idea of a currency outside of govt control and manipulation and I make a solid case as to why certain groups should take up this exchange medium. These merchants / producers in the food system do not need it to be perfect to support it. No doubt the programmers and app writers will make it easier in time. Great! When your money sits in fiat- you are losing. Yes- there is price volatility but its generally trending up against the dollar at Dash. No one is putting all their eggs in this basket and most can easily afford the loss if Dash dropped to Zero. Its just business. And yes - Bitcoin solves these problems but I feel confident that putting my network into Dash Is the better bet in the long run as Dash will outpace Bitcoins value growth. When I build a deeper network of users here - no one is going to want to convert out as they will hold Dash long when they have excess.

@Solarminer i'd back with more false accusations o_O but we are used to that by now

speaking of terminal and such @paleo - talk to kodaxx he is working on a terminal here
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashpay-point-of-sale.12542/#post-110208

and check blockpay - owner is in here too
(he has a cool ambassador program you should check out)

So are these merchant tools done by the Dash core developers? Nope. Evan made it clear that the Dash Core Team will not focus on Merchant tools and that it will be left to the free market.

Well, Everyone has a different skill set.

I have succeeded in this and similar marketing events in incredible ways. I got 500 merchants in the local food system to put actual food products into my distribution system on credit. That was appx 50,000$/ week.
Can you provide a link to some info on that? Those kind of networks would be ideal for Dash to get a foothold in and experience in one would be a good reference imho.

Sure, ill do it in a single post. Must get a few things done today ahead of this project - thanks for the comment
PPS - Is there a security concern for simply posting the merchants dash address in this forum. I m no expert here.

PPS - Is there a security concern for simply posting the merchants dash address in this forum. I m no expert here.
PPPPS or is there a security concern in posting their name , email , link to their business website, phone etc?

Not for the Dash address, no. The only downside of that if blockchain scrapers can follow the trail back to everyone they've done business with... that didn't use PrivateSend. Private keys... nonono!

PPPPS or is there a security concern in posting their name , email , link to their business website, phone etc?
Not unless they'd rather avoid promoting their business and would prefer not to have it mentioned on the interwebz.

PS I have mentioned many things in the above thread 0 what specific links do you want to see ?

I'd mentioned that one because quite a few folks I know personally are interested in those kind of things but as far as your proposals go anything that gives you personal legitimacy would be a bonus, some anonymous dude on the internet saying "gimmi loads a money and I'll do stuff.. maybe" hasn't much chance of getting votes.

Voted "yes" here btw, you've given a lot of references that suggest you're not trying to hide who you are, the projects you've been involved with are in some fields that I think would be really good for Dash adoption at the grass root level, it could couple up nicely with the Point of Sale proposal and there's a surplus in the budget at the mo and this seems like something that could make good use of it. Some might see it as a high risk for the potential reward and maybe that it has other risks beyond simply not providing value but it's worth taking a chance on imho.

Back