• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Status Update 7/1/2014

Eltito & Team,
Do you feel as though yourself and the development team have a good grasp on how Darkcoin is viewed by the community right now? I am not asking this question with a smart ass slant nor am I attempting to get a specific answer. I am asking this question in the hopes that you will noodle a little harder and question your own premises and those of the dev team in an effort to deeper grasp what the TRUE NEEDS of your PR campaign actually are as determined by your sense of the outside climate. Wait...first you must understand that what you are doing is in fact an PR campaign. If you don't then you have other work to do. The needs of a PR campaign for a politician are different from that of a large gas station chain, different from pet supply store, different from Dogecoin even. Further, PR campaigns need a format. All good ones had 3 things in common (think Apple.) What, why, and when. What, why, and when includes 'what happened, what's going to happen, when it happened, and why it happened.'

Drilling down a little farther
In the paragraph above I ended a sentence with "....as determined by your sense of the outside climate". I want you to consider.... 'as determined by someone else's sense that is INSIDE the climate and is NOT a dev, coder, et al.' Climate being miners and investors etc. NOT development personnel. I'm going to guess that you believe you know what that is based on the all the posts on bitcointalk and the price movement. I am asking that you question that premise.

In my experience all creatives have one thing in common. They lack an ability to explain things in a concise set of terms that makes it possible for an 8th grade dropout to understand what's going on. Please know, without doubt, that you have the entire spectrum of education and sytles of thinking investing and mining your coin. You cannot know what's inside a full garbage can unless you go all the way to the bottom. Accept this and the rest will be easier.

Suggestions
First, marry all the outlets that release news (and I know you are working on this.) They must be hand in hand. The original post on bitcointalk is as you know sad. Every miner from the beginning of BTC has used the OP as a source. The dev team and yourself know this. People should not be having wallet issues this late in the game. Second (and in my view more important than anything I've said here), solicit a news article from 3 different persons THAT ARE NOT PART OF YOUR TEAM IN ANY WAY. These people must be completely disconnected from the dev team. Eltito this step will tell you if your own premises about Darkcoin and the way it's viewed is spot on or space bound. Three people, or as many as you can tolerate, write fake news articles about the state of Darkcoin. They attempt to describe enforcement, masternodes, RC3 content, RC4 content..etc. This will tell you the extent of what's not understood. If time permits I will write one for you this weekend. This is the equivalent of sticking a giant digital thermometer up the large ass of Darkcoin. You will know it's temperature. Again just to reemphasize....I am asking you to test your view against that of the community. This is the tap root essence of what PR is. Seems like a lot of extra work but it's not. All you have to do is read them.

All of you (dev team et al) know Darkcoin is going to be big if you pull this off. Treat it as though it's big RIGHT NOW. It'll be easier when it's does become big. This needs to be treated as though it's an IPO on the New York Stock Exchange NOW....not later.

But Darkcoin is also a cryptocurrency project and an investment platform. There is a different mindset that comes with both of those groups. Investors and crypto enthusiasts tend to have a low "slick bullshit marketing" tolerance.

Ditto slick bullshit marketing. Out of all alt-currencies (all meaning all but Bitcoin) the Darkcoin seems the most serious of them all. In this phase of crypto all is development

... PR isn't a one-size-fits-all undertaking.

Precisely. I looked at Unobtanium and the same moment the (new) key developer started bashing DRK I gave up on them. I looked at Redcoin and find funny that Twitter garbage they use trying to boost the price. I looked at MaxCoin and StartCoin because I find Max Keiser entertaining, but nothing is as serious as Darkcoin and its development.

So, "PR" requirement for moi would be: let me know you guys are still alive and are working :)

Eltito & Team,
Do you feel as though yourself and the development team have a good grasp on how Darkcoin is viewed by the community right now? I am not asking this question with a smart ass slant nor am I attempting to get a specific answer. I am asking this question in the hopes that you will noodle a little harder and question your own premises and those of the dev team in an effort to deeper grasp what the TRUE NEEDS of your PR campaign actually are as determined by your sense of the outside climate. Wait...first you must understand that what you are doing is in fact an PR campaign. If you don't then you have other work to do. The needs of a PR campaign for a politician are different from that of a large gas station chain, different from pet supply store, different from Dogecoin even. Further, PR campaigns need a format. All good ones had 3 things in common (think Apple.) What, why, and when. What, why, and when includes 'what happened, what's going to happen, when it happened, and why it happened.'

Drilling down a little farther
In the paragraph above I ended a sentence with "....as determined by your sense of the outside climate". I want you to consider.... 'as determined by someone else's sense that is INSIDE the climate and is NOT a dev, coder, et al.' Climate being miners and investors etc. NOT development personnel. I'm going to guess that you believe you know what that is based on the all the posts on bitcointalk and the price movement. I am asking that you question that premise.

In my experience all creatives have one thing in common. They lack an ability to explain things in a concise set of terms that makes it possible for an 8th grade dropout to understand what's going on. Please know, without doubt, that you have the entire spectrum of education and sytles of thinking investing and mining your coin. You cannot know what's inside a full garbage can unless you go all the way to the bottom. Accept this and the rest will be easier.

Suggestions
First, marry all the outlets that release news (and I know you are working on this.) They must be hand in hand. The original post on bitcointalk is as you know sad. Every miner from the beginning of BTC has used the OP as a source. The dev team and yourself know this. People should not be having wallet issues this late in the game. Second (and in my view more important than anything I've said here), solicit a news article from 3 different persons THAT ARE NOT PART OF YOUR TEAM IN ANY WAY. These people must be completely disconnected from the dev team. Eltito this step will tell you if your own premises about Darkcoin and the way it's viewed is spot on or space bound. Three people, or as many as you can tolerate, write fake news articles about the state of Darkcoin. They attempt to describe enforcement, masternodes, RC3 content, RC4 content..etc. This will tell you the extent of what's not understood. If time permits I will write one for you this weekend. This is the equivalent of sticking a giant digital thermometer up the large ass of Darkcoin. You will know it's temperature. Again just to reemphasize....I am asking you to test your view against that of the community. This is the tap root essence of what PR is. Seems like a lot of extra work but it's not. All you have to do is read them.

All of you (dev team et al) know Darkcoin is going to be big if you pull this off. Treat it as though it's big RIGHT NOW. It'll be easier when it's does become big. This needs to be treated as though it's an IPO on the New York Stock Exchange NOW....not later.

You're taking about target audience analysis. Yes, I am very aware of the need for it. No, I haven't formally structured anything in that regard quite yet.

There is a lot of work to be done on several fronts. That is only one of them. Right now, for lack of a better word, I'm in a triage phase. Once I have my head around that, the proper work can begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're taking about target audience analysis. Yes, I am very aware of the need for it. No, I haven't formally structured anything in that regard quite yet.

There is a lot of work to be done on several fronts. That is only one of them. Right now, for lack of a better word, I'm in a triage phase. Once I have my head around that, the proper work can begin.
Hello,
I haven't been around lately, mostly lurking, and when I was 'around', it wasn't for much. I am glad that you have taken control as community lead (for lack of better term). Not really any critique, and I didn't want to start a new thread. I appreciate your dedication to dark and the level headed approach you bring, listening and weighing the pros and cons of those whom express opinions. While some opinions are better than others, they are all given with the same hope and desire to see dark succeed. I wish you well in this new role.

Reading the critical lectures above in all that is wrong I'd like to say the reason I am into Darkcoin, apart from it's features is because of the honesty of Evan. The sincerity rings through and for what it's worth I believe the only advice is to keep doing what you have been doing because it works for me.

Guys I noticed what looked like a Bot yesterday buying fractional Darkcoin low to keep the price suppressed, might be a Darkcoin lover that wants in low or a competitor trying to undermine Drk's stature, a shame we cannot kill this behaviour.

Guys I noticed what looked like a Bot yesterday buying fractional Darkcoin low to keep the price suppressed, might be a Darkcoin lover that wants in low or a competitor trying to undermine Drk's stature, a shame we cannot kill this behaviour.
I have noticed this behaviour of late too, but it happens on every market in the world where liquidity is an issue. Its generally hunting stops and trying to create a perception that things are worse than they are, trying to force the hand of weak holders to exit. Its often a bullish sign IMHO.

If anything, buy more :)

Thought for the day, when you know that you have RC4 sorted and you are ready to release it, maybe it might be worth considering announcing a deployment date a week away. A fwd date is a beautiful thing :smile:

If anything, buy more :)

While I just bought some more at 0.01 DRK / BTC I would not dismiss the danger coming from the bots. The whole high frequency trading coming from the Financial Crime Cartel in the fiat world is structured in a way that they steal from everyone else using the same strategy / tactic in the MOST liquid markets as well. This is the most blatant robbery we've seen in the, for decades, ringed markets with only one purpose - pillage. (since the time Goldman Sachs Trading Company who, in 1920s, put ALL, full 100% of the investors' money into their own stock, this is the Wall Street mantra).

Crypto, for now, belongs to geeks, geniuses, IT guys and enthusiasts but the real enemy (Wall Street) "has not shown its face yet". With the recent developments of Blythe Masters ex-husband (she "is perhaps the most maligned human being on earth by silver investors due to suspicions of JP Morgan’s manipulation in silver market") launching offshore Bitcoin hedge fund the danger is real. They have the money, they have the computing power, they have decades and decades of manipulating markets. I would not take them lightly.

So I would have someone on the developers' side to take a long, deep look into that shite for herein I sense a potentially huge problem. Alas, I have no advice how to stop that behavior...

... but funnily enough, should crypto world comes up with a solution for high-frequency trading fraud ("frontrunning" the price) it could save the fiat world from the crooks and criminals of the Financial Crime Cartel.

While I just bought some more at 0.01 DRK / BTC I would not dismiss the danger coming from the bots. The whole high frequency trading coming from the Financial Crime Cartel in the fiat world is structured in a way that they steal from everyone else using the same strategy / tactic in the MOST liquid markets as well. This is the most blatant robbery we've seen in the, for decades, ringed markets with only one purpose - pillage. (since the time Goldman Sachs Trading Company who, in 1920s, put ALL, full 100% of the investors' money into their own stock, this is the Wall Street mantra).

Crypto, for now, belongs to geeks, geniuses, IT guys and enthusiasts but the real enemy (Wall Street) "has not shown its face yet". With the recent developments of Blythe Masters ex-husband (she "is perhaps the most maligned human being on earth by silver investors due to suspicions of JP Morgan’s manipulation in silver market") launching offshore Bitcoin hedge fund the danger is real. They have the money, they have the computing power, they have decades and decades of manipulating markets. I would not take them lightly.

So I would have someone on the developers' side to take a long, deep look into that shite for herein I sense a potentially huge problem. Alas, I have no advice how to stop that behavior...

... but funnily enough, should crypto world comes up with a solution for high-frequency trading fraud ("frontrunning" the price) it could save the fiat world from the crooks and criminals of the Financial Crime Cartel.
Hopefully we have a solution in the works, it will require acceptance of change but like you I believe this issue is a bigger deal than Bitcoin. After all many approaches could work but for the influence of bad actors.

Back