• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Missing 1000 coins after darksend

For this particular case, my advice would be to stop trying to fix this yourself and get everything sorted out professionally. Given the high value, I'm wondering if someone here could help in person and come to some kind of deal such as 10% of whatever is recovered.

"you have a very limited understanding of how wallets work in general and DarkSend in particular"

I am just an average Joe the Plumber, I don't care about tricks, hoops and loops and jumps, I just want my money back

It might occur to me the "average Joe the Plumber" may not need to make use of, or select DarkSend functions available in a wallet.

I ask a lot of questions before pushing buttons I don't understand.

Did I forget to mention, I was a better than average plumber... I was told the rules early on...
1. Shit runs down hill.
2. Payday is on Fridays.
3. Don't bite your fingernails.

I sure do hope you are able to get your problem resolved !
rc

It might occur to me the "average Joe the Plumber" may not need to make use of, or select DarkSend functions available in a wallet.

Of course the average Joe wants privacy. The whole point of Dash is being a digital cash.
I really don't like the hostility that's going on here. I know the user made some dumb mistakes in this case, but Dash is never going to succeed as long as it's this complicated...
Private send should just work flawlessly and starting a masternode should be no more than a click on a button in your wallet...
I know about the grand future plans but I suggest Dash gets there quick because there are other coins catching up (and the current price might be reflecting that).​

Of course the average Joe wants privacy. The whole point of Dash is being a digital cash.
I really don't like the hostility that's going on here. I know the user made some dumb mistakes in this case, but Dash is never going to succeed as long as it's this complicated...
Private send should just work flawlessly and starting a masternode should be no more than a click on a button in your wallet...
I know about the grand future plans but I suggest Dash gets there quick because there are other coins catching up (and the current price might be reflecting that).​

Indeed. And it seems to me, new lay users are arriving here and pointing out exactly what I've been saying all along. End users are expecting privacy by default and they just want it to do it's magic invisibly. Evan has previously touted the virtues of fungibility yet these days it's all about getting into bed with companies like Coinfirm and pushing privacy to the back ... oh yeah, "more important things to do".

When I bring these issues up, all I get is criticism yet it's not me that touted fungibility, it was Evan himself.. why don't people target him instead? But anyway, here's another recent post from someone that also gives their lay view...

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...d-truly-be-anonymous.10936/page-3#post-106333

The core team needs to wake up and finally acknowledge they haven't been giving this the attention it deserves.

what do you mean by access?
I am creating new wallet on new computer, can I send dash coins from old to new now?
How do I retrieve coins from darksend abyss?

Open your wallet and you should see your balance at the top and then your mixed balance in red (meaning no mixed coins to send via darksend)
The balance on the top is amount of coins you hold. Click on send and on bottom right unclick darksend or click instant send. (access the funds) The reason why you can't send any darksend is because you hold 0 mixed coins

no, nothing was resolved, I lost all my money to this BS Darksend POS
Wasn't even a masternode
Dude... Reach out to the core devs. Your starting to sound like a troll. I've used darksend dozens of times...and have never had a single issue... Across multiple wallets... And in different locations all over the world. Sounds like you don't know what your doing and your blaming the technology. Imo.

Is there not a slack channel dedicated to solving these issues ? if not there should be :rolleyes: thought we already had it but im not shure after all the slack drama that went down.

Maybe include in the core staff proposal a slack rep channel dedicated to help with dumb fucks like this one :D there is no shortage of dumb fuks and this problem will just grow.

Back