• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 ASIC Baikal Mini Miner Spec

Thanks, I have had some problems getting to it but finally I have found it and, I hope, I have been able to install it using the.inf file added. Will post if this solve the problem.
Thanks again.

It did not work. I'm able to install manually the driver in the correct version stated in the updating pdf (STTub30 3.0.4.0) but the miner continues appearing as non identified, With the STM Device in DFU Mode name but with exclamation tip. When I start zadig and load it from device list it appears as having the driver installed but taking a closer look I see that in the USB ID field instead a double HEX ID number i have 0000 0002. Will go to a friend's electronic shop to check if the 4 pin cable it's ok...

It did not work. I'm able to install manually the driver in the correct version stated in the updating pdf (STTub30 3.0.4.0) but the miner continues appearing as non identified, With the STM Device in DFU Mode name but with exclamation tip. When I start zadig and load it from device list it appears as having the driver installed but taking a closer look I see that in the USB ID field instead a double HEX ID number i have 0000 0002. Will go to a friend's electronic shop to check if the 4 pin cable it's ok...

You should try contacting Baikal by Skype (baikal baikal), they are always online with tech support available as well

Thanks, herbalist420, I have contacted them and I have received a very good support. If any of you are thinking about buying a Baikal miner, contact baikal via skype before buying it through a reseller. Lot better. Sure.

I have ordered one. It will be sent in a few days. I think I will receive in 20-30 days. I will test it and prepare a review. I have big hopes about Baikal Miner. After the test, I will buy a few quadrable ones.

Who needs your review now when everyone has a Baikal in hands already. My own is working in the basemant, and I am waiting for second. It's plug-and-play, set-and-mine. You need just find an appropriate PSU, cheap and reliable. I use an ATX PSU for it, with handmade 4pin molex to 5.5*2.5 barrel adaptors.

Baikal builds up so much hashrate by their ASIC, running a DASH masternode may be more cost-effective.
A DASH fans.

How much is a masternode? hashes? where do you get it? You keep using words, but no numbers

To run a masternode you need 1000 Dash to be held in the masternode's wallet, which must remain there. The masternodes provide private-send and instant-send functions on the Dash network and they have the right to vote on proposals. In return they are paid a their share of 45% of the block reward as blocks are mined. So miners get 45%, masternodes get 45% and 10% goes to the Dash treasury fund which pays developers and funds the proposals that masternodes vote on. It is also possible to buy shares in a masternode if you can't afford 1000 Dash.

You could run a masternode at home on a machine that is always internet connected, or have one hosted on a VPS.

I have heard that masternodes in recent years have received 10-20% return on their 1000 Dash stake. If you were lucky enough to start a masternode when the Dash price was around $5 you would now be making a big profit because the price has risen a lot over the last 3-6 months. I think the person above was saying that rather than spend many thousands on an ASIC miner which will probably only get ROI after mining for more than a year - if you run a masternode for the same amount of time you will get the masternode reward plus you still own the 1000 Dash that is held in the masternode wallet.

To run a masternode you need 1000 Dash to be held in the masternode's wallet, which must remain there. The masternodes provide private-send and instant-send functions on the Dash network and they have the right to vote on proposals. In return they are paid a their share of 45% of the block reward as blocks are mined. So miners get 45%, masternodes get 45% and 10% goes to the Dash treasury fund which pays developers and funds the proposals that masternodes vote on. It is also possible to buy shares in a masternode if you can't afford 1000 Dash.

You could run a masternode at home on a machine that is always internet connected, or have one hosted on a VPS.

I have heard that masternodes in recent years have received 10-20% return on their 1000 Dash stake. If you were lucky enough to start a masternode when the Dash price was around $5 you would now be making a big profit because the price has risen a lot over the last 3-6 months. I think the person above was saying that rather than spend many thousands on an ASIC miner which will probably only get ROI after mining for more than a year - if you run a masternode for the same amount of time you will get the masternode reward plus you still own the 1000 Dash that is held in the masternode wallet.

That's very interesting, and thank you for the insight.

It is fair to assume that not many of us have 1000 DASH worth in fiat currency let alone in DASH coins themselves so it is for this reason that we choose to invest in some Baikal miners (for example) as this is the most affordable route for us. And yes, while the ROI on a Mini Baikal is short of a year the initial investment and the total coins mined in a year make it a very affordable and viable option.

Perhaps once I get 1000 DASH I will opt to "run a masternode". Until then, happy mining to all here ;)

That's very interesting, and thank you for the insight.

It is fair to assume that not many of us have 1000 DASH worth in fiat currency let alone in DASH coins themselves so it is for this reason that we choose to invest in some Baikal miners (for example) as this is the most affordable route for us. And yes, while the ROI on a Mini Baikal is short of a year the initial investment and the total coins mined in a year make it a very affordable and viable option.

Perhaps once I get 1000 DASH I will opt to "run a masternode". Until then, happy mining to all here ;)

I totally agree that 1000 DASH is a very high barrier to entry financially but it is also possible to buy masternode shares with as little as 50 DASH (I think.. not positive about that number" The best place I can think of to learn more about this (apart from a Google search of "DASH masternode shares") is the "DASH detailed" YouTube channel. There is one episode devoted to maternodes and I think it describes masternode shares.

I would love to own and run a Baikal mini miner but most of the sources for them I can find are now charging a lot more than how they were originally priced.

thank you for your support.
Now the company decided to study. In order to give back the support of miners.
Coupon is now available for 150 $ can for all baikal miner series
Coupon: 20161111-150
Buy Baikal Mini Miner 150MH LINK: http: //www.asicminermarket.com/?product=x11- asic-baikal-mini-miner-spec

600mh Quadruple LINK: https://www.asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-quadruple-x11-miner-600mhs/#comment-52

900mh Giant Link: https://www.asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-giant-a900-dash-miner/?v=63ddf8c10522

IN STOCK sales.

The requested member could not be found.

Be aware with that mail, it's not from baikalminer.com, the original manufacturer and the only original seller, they don't support any reseller, it's asicminermarket instead. I have chat long time with people from baikal in skype becase of this problem (if link other forums not allowed please delete the link, admin, I have not seen any advice about this in the forum. I advise you to read it if you are going to buy one.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1677686.0

OTOH, Baikal people where as helpful as possible in skype, remember, baikalminer in skype, contact them directly if you want to buy one.

Us resident - Just paid for one, still waiting on the sales rep to get back to me on the shipment date and tracking information , hopefully I can get to test one and see how it goes . staytuned

Us resident - Just paid for one, still waiting on the sales rep to get back to me on the shipment date and tracking information , hopefully I can get to test one and see how it goes . staytuned
Am still yet to get a response from them "baikalminer official website " after payment - hopeful they all ship out, and once I receive it and its working fine then I can stop worrying.

Back