• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash OTC exchange coming soon (WOC network and API)

rgenito

I appreciate everyone's feedback and support on the initial proposal for a true Dash OTC exchange through the Wall of Coins (WOC) network and API. What was this proposal, basically? Imagine if every Dash wallet and Dash payments website directly embedded a way for YOU to easily get DASH safely, locally, and instantly with cash. Or imagine being able to go to a Money Gram or Western Union (which is virtually everywhere in the world / USA) or use online services like PayPal to directly get DASH. That's exactly one of the many things the Wall of Coins OTC exchange network will do for Dash, while rewarding Dash software integrators revenue share to further grow the Dash ecosystem!! This is a reality that the Dash ecosystem can have within the next 2 months, and this. is. huge.

The old proposal can be found here:
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-adoption-tools2

The new proposal will start with a crowd fund. The outline for the new proposal is here, and GPG signed by myself, Robert Genito, CEO & Founder of Genitrust, Inc and development lead for Wall of Coins (https://wallofcoins.com):
http://pastebin.com/qKcLUbVK

tl;dr -- let's make the Dash OTC exchange with WallofCoins.com a reality by donating to:
XxoppjLV4enbnNbEgiA5qk9upMVLG6TmCn

8cEvpek.png

To verify the GPG signed outline for the new proposal, the GPG key is available at:
https://deposits.wallofcoins.com

Last edited:
Hey, loved the original proposal. How come you have pulled the proposal and now going the crowd fund route? How much u hoping to raise via the crowdfund?

Hey, loved the original proposal. How come you have pulled the proposal and now going the crowd fund route? How much u hoping to raise via the crowdfund?
Thank you for asking! The proposal was not pulled. While the answer is in the link, I'm happy to answer it here because I'm sure many people will want to know! The crowd fund is to help get the project started, and the new proposal (within the next week) will ask for the difference. So whether the new proposal gets accepted for October or November or etc, development can begin! Looking to raise 7002 DASH, as that's the projected expense for doing the *entire* project right.

I'm donating. This is one proposal that will really set Dash forward in the adoption game, and showcase its advantages over Bitcoin. I'm but a poor writer, but I feel I should be involved with this.

Are you offering any perks to the people who help fund this? like 0% fees for a year or something?

I understand you got about 250 yes votes but I don't know that all 250 votes represent one person each And would people who voted with 3-5 votes donate $300-$500 of their own money when the DGBB should be capable to fund this!

Are you offering any perks to the people who help fund this? like 0% fees for a year or something?

That's a really good point. I'll work on that, and I'll announce an answer when it's final. How do you see people as being able to "prove" they made a donation without creating additional developer expenses to make a web interface for this? Or how can this be done without extra team member hours? I don't think the expenses would be bad at all for creating signed messages, but I can't help but to think there are additional perks we can add! This could've been like a kick starter where people get special items for each purchase amount :)

To summarize, this project will offer many perks to the Dash ecosystem in general: offering an ability for your average person to get into DASH easier than your typical person gets into Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, etc. Also offering a highly liquid avenue for people to get their DASH value to their local currency. On top of all that, this is offering a revenue opportunity for Dash-enabled app developers and Dash-enabled websites. I don't see the selfish individual voting with their DASH, but I do see many DASH individuals who deeply care about the community, and I hope this inspires them as much as I've been inspired to get this started.

maybe lifetime discount to those address which sending fund ? ;)

This is a good idea, maybe you can log the donation sent from address and any buy or sell actions that came from that account have a reduced fee... Or yeah if like kickstarter maybe give each donation a couple one time use coupon codes for reduced transaction fees. Look forward to the final details.

This is a good idea, maybe you can log the donation sent from address and any buy or sell actions that came from that account have a reduced fee... Or yeah if like kickstarter maybe give each donation a couple one time use coupon codes for reduced transaction fees. Look forward to the final details.
Reusing addresses compromises your privacy, so I'd go the coupon route.

I would definitely figure out perks before moving forward. It will incentivize people towards getting on this now rather than waiting around to see if the treasury ends up funding it.

I would definitely figure out perks before moving forward. It will incentivize people towards getting on this now rather than waiting around to see if the treasury ends up funding it.

I understand people wants perks. I wouldn't let that allow us to become short sighted on the ultimate goal: to make DASH accessible and more liquid to everyone.

I understand people wants perks. I wouldn't let that allow us to become short sighted on the ultimate goal: to make DASH accessible and more liquid to everyone.

Yes, point being, if talk of perks happens, people will likely wait around to see what materializes before donating for fear of being the chump who donated before there was anything offered in return.

Back