• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Unable to bind :9999

leeheinke

Hi Guys,

Just downloaded the Darkcoin wallet and upon opening it in Windows 8 i get the following error,

"Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:9999 on this computer. Dark Coin is probably already running."

Then after clicking ok, the 2nd error message says,

"failed to listen on any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this."

To answer your first question, no Darkcoin is not already running.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

I have closed all other wallets and done all the other usual malarkey like turn off security software etc

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• dc1.png
    dc1.png
    295.2 KB · Views: 149
  • dc2.jpg
    dc2.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 133
Hi Guys,
Just downloaded the Darkcoin wallet and upon opening it in Windows 8 i get the following error,
"Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:9999 on this computer. Dark Coin is probably already running."
Then after clicking Ok, the 2nd error message says,
"failed to listen on any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this."
To answer your first question, no Darkcoin is not already running and pretty much all ports in that range are open.
Any ideas what the problem could be?
I have closed all other wallets and done all the other usual malarkey like turn off security software etc
Thanks in advance!

Nope, still working on it but thanks for asking.

open explorer and type

%APPDATA%
Look for Darkcoin folder. Open folder and look inside. Then, right click and create a new text document and drop in
Save the file as
darkcoin.conf
... be double sure there is no .txt attached in the end

Fire up the wallet. Should fix it. If it does, you probably have your router blocking that port.

I had the same problem once when I started bitcoind without a darkcoin.conf and then without adding
rpcpassword=CqbmPwd49ArBeqT1x9VnJUT4dfsJ6B3pPPu8AbbaSvoo
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
I started the daemon again which resulted in the exact same message. I think it can happen too if you don't have the writing rights to the darkcoin folder.

open explorer and type

Look for Darkcoin folder. Open folder and look inside. Then, right click and create a new text document and drop in

Save the file as
... be double sure there is no .txt attached in the end

Fire up the wallet. Should fix it. If it does, you probably have your router blocking that port.

Thank you yidakee! Your explanation worked out perfect for me.

Back