• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Concern about distributed Masternodes

@Darren -- Yes, I believe that in a future version -- once Decentralized Masternode Shares are introduced -- that's exactly how things will function. One's stake will be directly proportional to one's vote.

This is what Evan told me when I gathered information from him to make this episode, about this very topic:

The video does not specifically mention voting because I wanted to keep it tight and focussed. But yes -- all I can report is that what you have suggested is what Evan also thinks should be done.

Would you like me to ask him about it in next week's episode of DASH: Detailed? It's a big one! A group interview with Evan, kot, tungfa, and Daniel D (all members of what some call a 'core' team, all with different roles).

It's really great to see you here, btw. Your intellect and insight as a mathematician with a deep cryptocurrency background will be invaluable any time you contribute.

To anyone wondering, Darren is a friend of mine from New Hampshire. He's a college math professor and a very early adopter of Bitcoin.

This is not your github. So it means you have nothing to offer but dumbness, noise and waste of time: Having not being able to prove yourself honestly, I am sorry to say that, IMO, you are a mere troll (I swear I really had some faith in your intentions here lol NOT). Welcome to my "ignored" list :rolleyes:

This is not your github. So it means you have nothing to offer but dumbness, noise and waste of time: Having not being able to prove yourself honestly, I am sorry to say that, IMO, you are a mere troll (I swear I really had some faith in your intentions here lol NOT). Welcome to my "ignored" list :rolleyes:
I am a bit curious to hear how he/she intends to prevent Sybil attacks by using cryptography to detect "dishonest majorities", but I seriously doubt this is going to happen.

If you want to see my github, go vote yes in the poll.

You do not click a simple yes in a stupid poll I am asking you, and you think you deserve an access to my github?

Are you nuts? And am I nuts to respect or trust people like you?

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs."

Last edited:
I am a bit curious to hear how he/she intends to prevent Sybil attacks by using cryptography to detect "dishonest majorities", but I seriously doubt this is going to happen.

I am sure that for people like you who dump-bomb messages (because they do not understand anything said) however good I will try to explain dishonest majorities cryptographic protocols, you will never manage to understand anything.

Unfortunately for you, some things exist in order to be understood by logical beings.

Last edited:
It's really great to see you here, btw. Your intellect and insight as a mathematician with a deep cryptocurrency background will be invaluable any time you contribute.

Oh really? Is he so great? If he is, maybe he could explain dishonest majorities cryptographic protocols to @GNULinuxGuy and the rest irrational people around.

Dont expect for me to start doing free lessons that cost 1000$ each , after all this dump bomb the dash forum users are doing to me. Half of my messages are dumped. How can you understand what someone is telling you, if you listen to one phrase, and you do not listen to the next phrase?

@Darren who is a fresh newby here and you have not dump bomb him yet, maybe he has the courage to teach you for free. Or maybe you should pay him dash for teaching you, because most of the people are paid in cash, and not in faith like I am.

Last edited:
Demo... You have once again done an excelent job of making a potentially interesting thread into a pice of poisonous trash.
The good news is you have motivated me to figure out how the "ignore" feature works.
Goodbye.

Demo... You have once again done an excelent job of making a potentially interesting thread into a pice of poisonous trash.
The good news is you have motivated me to figure out how the "ignore" feature works.
Goodbye.

So, lying with manners = good. Ugly truth = bad. Feelings! So many feelings! Its like you play yourselves on their behalf...
This is why you can't be taken seriously by grown ups in the real world. Its all about the feelz, yo! Stay hidden in your safe space. Lash out at anyone who shows what you look like from outside your echo chamber looking in... Just call it trolling and bad manners and you can keep pretending it isn't so. Pathetic.
Begging to be a sucker because you won't have to admit it as long as you cling to the narrative...
Absolutely nothing was addressed that was raised as a concern. And you don't care. Because its more important to "be offended."
Notice how every reply addresses tone, feelings, presentation, manners... Every possible distraction. Not one word responding to actual content. If you had a defense or even a plausible argument, you would present it. But, you don't have one. You have to resort to these dishonest tactics of distraction and misdirection instead.

Last edited:
In theory yes you are right. In practice you are wrong.
Who is gonna do something for free in dash, when others are paid for that? This is dash's flaw.
I do. I have a 2 digit number of nodes running just as 'normal' nodes. For free. Free as in "Free
bier.gif
"

Some even do (almost) constant mixing, for which I _could_ apply as Liquidity Provider, but don't.

I even run 2 full Bitcoin nodes and a Litcoin node. Not because I believe in those, but to support an idea which should be supported in general, blockchain based currencies.

I do. I have a 2 digit number of nodes running just as 'normal' nodes. For free. Free as in "Free
bier.gif
"

Some even do (almost) constant mixing, for which I _could_ apply as Liquidity Provider, but don't.

I even run 2 full Bitcoin nodes and a Litcoin node. Not because I believe in those, but to support an idea which should be supported in general, blockchain based currencies.

I also keep DASH and Bitcoin full nodes running at home (now also IOTA)... after all, that's what cryptocurrencies are about: peer to peer.

@amanda_b_johnson I would love to hear Duffields explanation of how distributed masternodes will or won't vote. Please ask this question.

@Darren

To anyone wondering, Darren is a friend of mine from New Hampshire. He's a college math professor and a very early adopter of Bitcoin.

Dawww, thanks

Back