• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How do you vote your masternode without using third parties?

Start the wallet which holds your 1000 DASH for that Masternode, wait until it is fully synchronized, open the debug console "Tools -> Debug Console" and enter "mnbudget vote <hash of proposal> yes" (or no).

The hash of a proposal can be found in the proposal itself, or here: http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/masternode_payments_stats.html

Example: "mnbudget vote eac6392cd0d63e4b2ebd3c60da2d3e13137c892cd4cd1a8f3885077ac86b7487 yes" for the proposal "Salary for DASH core team".

I would suggest not bringing wallet.dat to expose it on internet from cold storage.
Use only masternode.conf file which has all configuration for your nodes and empty wallet. Start it and process as above.

Once you issue the vote command all nodes which are congigurated in masternode.conf file will vote...if you want some to disable simply put # in front of each line.

I would suggest not bringing wallet.dat to expose it on internet from cold storage.
Use only masternode.conf file which has all configuration for your nodes and empty wallet. Start it and process as above.

Once you issue the vote command all nodes which are congigurated in masternode.conf file will vote...if you want some to disable simply put # in front of each line.

So is it possible for a MNO to exclude some other masternode owners to vote for a proposal?
After reading a little about masternode.conf I found the answer.

I see, you mean "all YOUR nodes which are congigurated in masternode.conf"

Please be accurate in your talk, because the absense of a single "your" may cause misunderstandings to those who dont know what the masternode.conf file is.

Last edited:
Thank you. How do we know which node voted which way? How is the vote public?

You can search this information in the code. I think the distributed dash database keeps track of the votes of the current budget cycle (month).

So you may discover who voted what for this month, you may also keep a personal record on who voted what if you search every month, but you cannot prove to the community who voted what for previous months (budget cycles).

There is also dashninja.pl which keeps track of who voted what for every month.

For example, as displayed in the above link, because of this line:

27/7/2016 10:31:30 μ.μ. 0388ec00736498b79ab948aa2db0c6d0777d257203c30b7d1362a621c344e388-0[1][2] NO a055d14

...we know that this masternode voted NO (oops..an unknown who voted no! how comes that? Is this a bug? or a feature?)

and because of this line:

27/7/2016 9:28:26 μ.μ. df323be77d6cd2473bffdffa3d4b501623f73c688c855c5ccd63e25ab78a35e2-1[1][2] NO 4f85721

...we know that this masternode also voted NO (at least we know him! 178.62.48.239:9999 at 27/7/2016 9:28:26 μ.μ. is usefull information in order to reveal the identity especially if he runs on windows and ie )

But dashninja.pl is an independant site, and the information there is not signed by all masternodes as a reliable one, mainly due to the lack of this capability into the dash protocol which does not support the votechain feature.

If someone has a different opinion in that issue when reading the code, please correct me.

Last edited:
Thank you. How do we know which node voted which way? How is the vote public?

From a sync'd wallet, to get all the current locally-cached budgets:
Code:
dash-cli mnbudget show

To get a list of all the current network votes for a particular budget:
Code:
dash-cli mnbudget getvotes [budget_identifier]
returns verified votes keyed by masternode collateral UTXO.

---

If you hold multiple masternodes, you can also vote using my dashvote utility with a linux box, and empty wallet, and your masternode.conf. https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman#vote

From a sync'd wallet, to get all the current locally-cached budgets:
Code:
dash-cli mnbudget show
To get a list of all the current network votes for a particular budget:
Code:
dash-cli mnbudget getvotes [budget_identifier]
returns verified votes keyed by masternode collateral UTXO.
---
If you hold multiple masternodes, you can also vote using my dashvote utility with a linux box, and empty wallet, and your masternode.conf. https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman#vote

As far as I understand your quote, dash do not even keep track of who voted what whithin a month. It just keeps track of the current votes.

The history (how each MN changes his voting on specific budgets whithin time) is not kept at all in the sync database.

Is this what you have said?

Last edited:
As far as I understand your quote, you do not even keep track of who voted what whithin a month.
You just keep track of the current votes.
The history (how each MN changes his voting on specific budgets whithin time) is not kept at all.
Is this what you have said?
That's correct - only current votes are kept. For historical vote data refer to http://dashvotetracker.com/

upload_2016-8-4_10-30-58.png

Back