• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Slack Tipbot And Community Engagement

Solarminer

A proposal was submitted to recognize hitting our 500th member in the public slack, the Dash Chat Slack. I would like to encourage everyone to think about this slack as a community engagement tool and a great way to get the community fired up about Dash.

Dashwhale: https://www.dashwhale.org/p/slack-tipbot-com-eng
Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg15744282#msg15744282
Vote: dash-cli mnbudget vote-many 553c44e64d57972c5e05fb68aa4467da330715ef0dea8599d19296d6170ae1b0 yes

The public slack is now picking up members and becoming the face of the Dash community. We are over 500 members with 25 new members added each week. We have 12 technical support contacts acting as an around the clock help desk. We typically have over 15,000 messages each week. Slack is available on iphone, android, and browser which make communicating fast and easy in a chat like atmosphere. Slack also supports easy file uploads and integrations with twitter and reddit to put news all in one place.

A few unique aspects of our slack is that there are dedicated channels to budget proposals to help answer questions directly from the proposal owner. We have also had live podcasts where members could ask questions in real time. Many discussions have started projects like Canadash which will be a Dash accepting pop machine located in Canada. We offer a great way for miners and masternode owners to talk about pools or hardware settings and configurations.

After the community made suggestions from other successful sites that attracted users, it was determined that a bot that could tip and rain funds was key. Naruby created a tipbot for Dash with a little help from Moocowmoo on security. The tipbot can tip users, deposit, withdraw, provide Dash price in multiple currencies, and has a function to rain dash on all active users once it hits a certain amount. Recently, rain has been updated to sun for the summer. The tipbot is getting used with over 50 Dash per month getting tipped out. The plan is to add some security and features to make this bot work with other slacks and promote Dash further.

One of the Dash Detailed episodes talked about a Dash jobs section on the forum, and it is still blank. A few members have asked for certain features and have even pledged their own funds to make it happen. Effectively, the community has offered to create jobs for some smaller projects. We think the value of this slack to the community is growing and would like to offer incentives to members that contribute.

I will list a few successful activities.
  • Exodus Wallet skin - 10 Dash went to the winner. We had three very cool designs. Check out the wallet released as a 1.0 today. https://www.exodus.io/
  • Articles in Dashpaymazine.com are all community efforts. Most of the personally written articles were better than the paid articles from Vanbex.
  • Mining Channel - We helped many of the PinIdea customers fix miners. It is also a great way to optimize and try different settings. This real time discussion is helpful when solving problems.
  • Dashstore - We started talks to create a dashstore to sell shirts and merchandise.
  • Iphone wallet on App store - current bounty is 300 Dash - this is all from pledges. We have 2 developers discussion how to make a wallet that might get accepted. (Yes they are talking with Quantum Explorer, and waiting on existing wallet gets approved/rejected)
  • 2FA - Again we had a user looking into how to make this work.
  • We created the site http://www.dashnation.com/gigs/ to list current bounties and gigs available.
Tipbot – 25 Dash
Add key features to enable the @dashbot to be used on other slacks as a promotional tool.
  • Add cold wallet storage with hot wallet online with minimal funds.
  • Add multiple slack usage form the same wallet.
  • Server rental and maintenance.
Community Engagement – 200 Dash
  • A portion will be used for activities to gain community participation. Bounties will be used for innovate ideas and prizes will be provided for contests to engage community activity.
  • A small portion will go to the @dashrain or @dashsun to encourage new contributors and welcome people.
  • Donations will be given to support members answering questions on mining, masternodes, wallets, and general questions on slack, reddit, or other feeds in the support channel.
Total amount requested is 225 Dash per month for a 3 month duration.

Anyone that wants to check out the Dash Chat Slack, click here https://digitalcash.signup.team/

I like this idea, look at steemit.com they give $10 to join up.... now I know it's $10 Steemit credits to give to others and it takes time to get your credits blah blah blah but long story short they are bringing in new users with this. They are getting more popular and people love to get something free especially when its something they are wanting to use or learn more about and talk about the technology more. We can do the same thing with slack and DASH. Giving people a place to go talk about DASH live is a great place to learn from each other and offer them rewards for going out and participation. Especially when you have trouble and need a little help it can be frustrating to wait a day or two for forum response. Think of this as building a decentralized helpdesk for DASH.

this is a nobrainer....there are over 500 members and thousands of communications weekly, this is a great asset to add to the communications arsenal of DASH ......You have my votes

The Dash Slack is 100% an integral part of the community. It is incredibly inclusive and promotes large trade if DASH tipping. Very, very active.

I like this idea, look at steemit.com they give $10 to join up.... now I know it's $10 Steemit credits to give to others and it takes time to get your credits blah blah blah but long story short they are bringing in new users with this. They are getting more popular and people love to get something free especially when its something they are wanting to use or learn more about and talk about the technology more. We can do the same thing with slack and DASH. Giving people a place to go talk about DASH live is a great place to learn from each other and offer them rewards for going out and participation. Especially when you have trouble and need a little help it can be frustrating to wait a day or two for forum response. Think of this as building a decentralized helpdesk for DASH.

Exactly. We definitely don't tip people $10 just for joining, but people who start participating and contributing to the discussion do often get a little something.
One of the key goals of the public slack is to create an environment that is as welcoming as possible for everyone. Mods are tasked with greeting every new user and making sure they find exactly what they are looking for. We have found in recent weeks that a large number of new users are being brought in by watching @amanda_b_johnson's official DASH videos, and then are getting actually plugged in through the slack to learn about Dash, get support for mining, wallets and masternodes, finding ways to further promote Dash, ...etc. This dynamic is working extremely well. I am proud of everyone's time and resources that have gone into the slack already and am looking forward to taking it to the next level.

Looks like this is going to pass which is great! Awesome work to the guys that help out over at that Slack channel, you guys are killing it over there.

Looks like the Core of Corruption are at it again, doing everything they can to stop even the tiniest proposal that isn't theirs...

Looks like the Core of Corruption are at it again, doing everything they can to stop even the tiniest proposal that isn't theirs...
I agree - burn motherf*ckers who dare to vote not the way you (and I) want! :mad:

And btw who are you talking about exactly? :rolleyes:

It's been fun logging MN IDs to keep track and deduce who owns which nodes.
I agree - burn motherf*ckers who dare to vote not the way you (and I) want! :mad:
Is that the narrative? How worn out can it get, considering I'm the one who called for it... A dead narrative from the get-go, but still keep pushing it... I think I made it perfectly clear, after seeing for myself the dirty dealings, and who was doing it... I don't want to be involved.
And btw who are you talking about exactly? :rolleyes:
I don't name names directly, because I think that would hurt the project as a whole. The presumptive narrative that I'm pushing my own agenda is typical polar-opposed straw man horseshit. I don't want to be directly involved. I've made that clear. Several people tried to get me to come back in. I don't want to because I've seen the dirty shit being played.

That means I AM getting my way. Duh.

I don't consider you one of the bad guys. I think the few dirty people are keeping their dirty shit between themselves. I know who they are. And, no, I have no intention of using it as leverage or anything else. I just wish others would start paying attention because it's painfully obvious. There's no way this shit would go unnoticed in any legitimate business with experienced people. But, that's the point, eh? Only here in crypto are there people clueless enough to let this kind of shit slide by... Those playing the games know that the victims are willfully blind fanboys.

I don't particularly care how the MNOs vote. They have no say in anything, anyway. Their votes are nothing but an indicator of how far out of touch with reality they are. I have no vested interest in any of the proposals, nor is the value of DASH in any way tied to them, since they have no bearing on the direction of the project! I just want to see the idiots grow up.

And just in case you didn't notice... If I voted with my nodes, which I don't, because PoS broken and you can't make me, I'd be upvoting this.

Project Update - Month One:

Tipbot

@dashbot is getting a quiz feature added. Testing is in progress.
25 Dash were sent to @naruby for his work on the dashbot.

Community Engagement

15 Dash were sent to 10 mods for the work they do here. Creating conversation, tipping new people, welcoming new members, public promotions of Dash and this place, helping new users with questions and answers, providing resources for veterans and new users, among many other things. The moderators were given the choice to do whatever they want with the 15 Dash. @TroyDASH (gave 15 away) @alexander @splawik21 @buster (gave 15 away) @Solarminer @InTheWoods @dash_advocate (gave 10 away) @Dashmasternode (gave 10 away) @elishagh1 @Macrochip (gave 7.5 away)

Out of the 150 Dash given to moderators here, 57.5 were given away to fund the Redo of Dash Video Series by @amanda_b_johnson.
You can read about it here, http://www.dashnation.com/initiatives/dash-video-series-community-bounty-funded-2-hours/

Bounty for App Store Wallet
We had donations pledged from several users to encourage getting an iphone wallet on the App Store. Jaxx was the first one to meet the requirements and received 200 Dash compliments of @Dashmasternode, there are still bounties for 50 Dash (@pi) to get an App on the China App Store and another 50 Dash (@solarminer,@troydash,@dashadvocate) to add InstantSend. There are now 3 different developers attempting to get a wallet in app store with InstantSend. We believe this was fantastic success.

Dash Details

• 15 Dash are held by @Solarminer to send funds at various times over the month to @dashsun
  • 5 Dash were refunded to @Solarminer from month one for the 5 dash proposal fee.
  • 17 Dash are allocated for three contests currently running, an Image contest, a Slogan contest, and Bumper Sticker Contest to further promote this slack, and in turn Dash. To learn more the contests go to http://dashchat.co/contests.html
  • 5 Dash are going to create a new reddit intro post which @Poltergeist has kindly taken upon himself to complete. He has already provided a rough draft and we plan on having something done by early or mid September.
  • 8 Dash are tentatively planned to order 1000 Bumper stickers with the design from contests above that can be handed out at shows or sold for Dash.
Buster created a website for the slack to make it easier for new users to find the slack. You can use this link to join or learn more, http://dashchat.co

• 17 Dash are allocated for three contests currently running, an Image contest, a Slogan contest, and Bumper Sticker Contest to further promote this slack, and in turn Dash. To learn more the contests go to http://dashchat.co/contests.html

I proposed a slogan for dash: "Vote the number".
Do you like it?

@Solarminer :
And who decides the winner(s) of the contest(s)? Ok I found it.
Solarminer said:
Like other slogans with the :like:emoji. The highest liked slogans will go to a final vote

Someone may creates many fake accounts in slack, and cheat in order to win the slogan contest. How do you plan to solve the fake account problem?

Last edited:
Could part of the video redo make a direct and simple statement regarding the reasons and benefits to why DASH has chosen a steganographic form of TX obfuscation over a cryptographic one (Moore's Law, transparent, auditable, non-bloat, etc)? This could be a video of it's own. Maybe something already exists, but I don't seek out information I already have, so...

I think this message is getting lost. There are reasons. They are good reasons.

Thee're going to hire you to @demo nstrate.
Actually, in order to prove the flaws of the rules of the contest, I challenged the slack admins.

I told them that I will subscribe fake accounts, I will vote for a slogan (different to mine of course). And then I will reveal the fake votes after the final result.

What was their response to the challenge? They denied my @demo nstation. They censored me!

Pathetic!

Last edited:
One more "surprise" from "Dash Public Slack team"

(Quote from Dash Public Slack):
solarminer [11:53 PM]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This slack has grown into something bigger than Dash. The three owners, buster, solarminer and inthewoods have decided to convert it to an altcoin slack. We have offered to give control to the Dash core team but they didn't have interest. We would be open to selling for 750 Dash if one or more owners desire to keep this as a Dash only slack. Otherwise, we will proceed on converting the slack to include the most innovative coins with instant and anonymous features. We understand this might be a big change, but we feel it is the best option to keep up with new technology.

Maidsafe, Zcoin, and Zcash will be the first coins we add. The bot will remain up and we will attempt to add other cryptos to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a scam:

1. Have taken money from the Dash network on promotion of the community project,
2. Have used Dash community members for it's promotion, and ...
3. Then hijack grown project from the community.

@Solarminer Are you going to pay compensation to Dash network?

One more "surprise" from "Dash Public Slack team"

(Quote from Dash Public Slack):
solarminer [11:53 PM]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This slack has grown into something bigger than Dash. The three owners, buster, solarminer and inthewoods have decided to convert it to an altcoin slack. We have offered to give control to the Dash core team but they didn't have interest. We would be open to selling for 750 Dash if one or more owners desire to keep this as a Dash only slack. Otherwise, we will proceed on converting the slack to include the most innovative coins with instant and anonymous features. We understand this might be a big change, but we feel it is the best option to keep up with new technology.

Maidsafe, Zcoin, and Zcash will be the first coins we add. The bot will remain up and we will attempt to add other cryptos to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a scam:

1. Have taken money from the Dash network on promotion of the community project,
2. Have used Dash community members for it's promotion, and ...
3. Then hijack grown project from the community.

@Solarminer Are you going to pay compensation to Dash network?

I concur. Please return all funds you have received from the network, and then do what you wish.

I can't believe how ludicrously fast this Dash Public Slack initiative has degraded from something positive to all-out negative.
I'm surprised you do not include Monero in your little altcoin slack reorganisation, that would make it full circle.

I agree with alex-ru and David, please return all funds received from the network as this is a 180 degree turn on what the masternodes approved.
Damn, what a joke this is turning into ...

I also think all funds need to be returned, either to the Core Team or a trustworthy member to use them to start a new Dash Slack.

If not, I would consider this a scam from the admins to get funding to build their channel and try and sell it off to the highest bidder.

Damn I knew it stank in there, but didnt know the poison ran that deep....

Kudos to the Dash Core team who always were professional in their responses and stayed well away from the slack!

I can't believe how ludicrously fast this Dash Public Slack initiative has degraded from something positive to all-out negative.
I'm surprised you do not include Monero in your little altcoin slack reorganisation, that would make it full circle.

I agree with alex-ru and David, please return all funds received from the network as this is a 180 degree turn on what the masternodes approved.
Damn, what a joke this is turning into ...

it sux because i just got started on slack and now it's all but done. it was pretty negative there before but i bet it's going to get worse now. it's gonna be a dash bash fest all day now although it can't get much worse than it already was, we'll see.
hopefully someone will start a new dash only slack or something. it should only take a week or so for everyone to migrate to a new dash slack. whatever happens it needs to happen pretty fast imo.
anybody have plans to start a new slack?

Yeah would be great to get a new dash slack which has the core team involved and get some new admins in there who wont let power get to their heads.

I am sure Amanda is waiting to join the new slack as well!

I just hope the scammers give the money back.

Back