• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Hardware Wallets For Build And Test

upload_2016-7-30_0-8-54.png

Well, I just got my tit in the wringer because the fee was not added on, but subtracted from what I meant to send....
Is anyone dealing with this issue ?

Of course I realize there is a cost.
Nothing is free in Waterworld.

I would just prefer it be added on, rather than detract from my intention...

YMMV
rc

I might have to go to Prague. Trezor and CZ... Bucket list, approved.

Wanted: waterproof trezor, because sailboat.

OMG !
Boats have been known to sink !
and hardware goes down with the boat !!!

might as well have a paper wallet.

am i rong ?
rc

what about Trezor and MNs that are hosted remotely? Also, will any trezor model will work with 12.1?

what about Trezor and MNs that are hosted remotely?
You can't start a 12.0 masternode with Electrum/Trezor, only 12.1 masternodes support it - it's a limitation of the current protocol.

Also, will any trezor model will work with 12.1?

Not sure what you are refering to with "12.1". If you mean "will Dash Core 12.1 support Trezor?" then the answer is no. You'll need to use one of these wallets which have HW wallet support.

Electrum-Dash 2.6.4 will be available soon, Mycelium integration is being worked on.

upload_2016-8-1_16-51-6.png

--> http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-apps/index.html

Sooo.... If I want my MN 1000vin addresses to exist in a trezor, and be able to selectively spend their payment inputs in the same way as I can (using coin control input selections) in Core; how shall I do that with Trezor and notCore?

Oh, all of this using an Android App via USB OTG.

Also... I notice the only way to recover from the paper wallet to a new/wiped trezor, is to use the Chrome plugin and myTrezor... Would be cool if DASH could claim the ability to do that native to it's own Android app...

I realize you guys have your hands full and then some already, but I think the Android App needs to come in-house. The recent update looks like hell (overlapping text, no longer info-dense, bad color scheme), and it perma-crashes on IX attempt.

Yes, I'm still calling it IX. IS is retarded.

I know this is the hardware wallets thread, but OTG kinda makes it a hybrid mobile app project... If it's not supported on Android, it loses a lot of utility.

Maybe make that a naturally evolving 2nd proposal to the existing successful one?

You can't start a 12.0 masternode with Electrum/Trezor, only 12.1 masternodes support it - it's a limitation of the current protocol.

Not sure what you are refering to with "12.1". If you mean "will Dash Core 12.1 support Trezor?" then the answer is no. You'll need to use one of these wallets which have HW wallet support.

Electrum-Dash 2.6.4 will be available soon, Mycelium integration is being worked on.

View attachment 2611

--> http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-apps/index.html
Thanks @flare. I meant is there a special type of Trezor model that i need to get to support dash? I think the answer is no.

Will you be creating an you-tube idiots guide to setting up Trezor with dash whenever 12.1 is released?

Thanks @flare. I meant is there a special type of Trezor model that i need to get to support dash? I think the answer is no.?

No special type of Trezor, just the latest firmware (1.3.6) is needed for Dash support. What's nice about Trezor and KeepKey: You can use the same device for BTC and DASH in parallel. So using Trezor with Electrum will show you your BTC balance, while using the same Trezor with Electrum-Dash will show your DASH balance.

Will you be creating an you-tube idiots guide to setting up Trezor with dash whenever 12.1 is released?

If you want to listen to my wonderful voice: Sure, why not :)

No special type of Trezor, just the latest firmware (1.3.6) is needed for Dash support. What's nice about Trezor and KeepKey: You can use the same device for BTC and DASH in parallel. So using Trezor with Electrum will show you your BTC balance, while using the same Trezor with Electrum-Dash will show your DASH balance.

If you want to listen to my wonderful voice: Sure, why not :)
yes, that would be much appreciated. Also, does it have to be electrum wallet? Can i just use regular Dash client?

Can i still remotely host masternodes?

yes, that would be much appreciated. Also, does it have to be electrum wallet? Can i just use regular Dash client?

Can i still remotely host masternodes?

Dash Core does not have Trezor support built in, there is simply no USB driver code in there :)

--> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8218

And sure, masternode hosting does not change through Trezor. What changes is the location of the private key of your coins: If you use Dash Core, the private keys are stored in wallet.dat file - if you use Trezor the keys are stored inside the Trezor device and will never leave it. Only digital signatures are passed through the USB interface, either transactions signatures or masternode broadcast signatures. The first are the usual
send amount X to address Y
messages, the latter the new
start masternode with IP A.B.C.D and vin abcdabcdabcd using password QWERTY

we need for masternode startups. Where the masternodes are located does not matter.

Back