• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: CZ/SK Strategic promotion of Dash before HCPP conference in Prague

Comodore

In Prague there will be conference in Paralelní Polis (2015 programme). This is one of the famous cryptocurrency spaces in Europe. I have already made a proposal that was not well received for good reason. I believe that I learned from it. Czech republic is not that imporant place even with Slovakia to create own video and other content. The conference is held once a year and it is place where most of world personas from our cyber-money community are present. This year it will be even bigger as it will be hosted on larger area and it will actualy be two conferences at once.

I need 60 DASH (9 USD/DASH--> 540USD x 2 months + 5 DASH reimbursement for proposal
This amount is only about 0,75 % of Dash budget.

Money will be used for:

August
20% for marketing of Dash - other activities will have bigger impact
32% translations of Dash Detailed - 175 usd - it means full month without any problem.
I counted average of these two videos.
EDIT: I will be (thanks to the @alex-ru advice) able to do way more. probably whole dash detailed series to date in these two months. If there will be some problems I could definitely guarantee previous level of translations.

10% other translations
20% organization of first meetup in Prague
18% - articles in online press or in other sites with high amount of visitors (it could get to 30000 people or more)

September
Between September and November there will be the actual conference so I will continue with some activities but main priority will be actual conference. I will do everything in order to maximize value of conference for Dash.
10% marketing of Dash
32% translations of Dash Detailed
10% other translations
38% - Live experience of Dash for visitors, I would like to make the most of this conference for Dash. It is hard to say what exactly to do. There are ATMs for Bitcoin - I could do someting about it. There are POS terminals for bitcoin - influencing developers to add dash to them. You can buy all kinds of things with bitcoin there. I would like to have presentation there or have someone from comunity there. I will be able to make a better stay in Prague. There is high chance that very good speaker could have flight paid by HCPP.
This part is not yet known but I will be able to come up with good solutions as I am close to organization of the event. Please if there is chance to get some promotional materials about dash I will gladly make sure they will be distributed to people (just PM me)

It is hard to say whether there is some chance to have booth or something, probably not. It is not something where lead developers are going to be able to come.

What I am not getting money for:
Project management
Work with facebook page and promoting dash material
Meeting with people and influencing them to make Prague better place for Dash
Bringing new investors to Dash - it takes a lot of time and cost lot of money to figure things out in order to keep it legal and to get it into already established markets and new people.

More info about conference
Over 400 visitors
Some of already confirmed guests are:

Timothy C.May (skype)

Andreas Antonopoulos / 3rdKey Solutions

Pamela Morgan / Empowered Law

Paul Rosenberg

Sam Patterson / OpenBazaar

Philip Saunders

Jamie Bartlet / Dark Net

Manfred Karrer / Bitsquare

Daniel Gasteiger / Nexussquared

Adam Khaleb Ernest / Followmyvote

Yuval (DARK WEB Movie)

Peter Šurda / Bitmessage

Lucas / Crypto Valey

Lasha Antadze / Ukraine blockchain

Jonathan Dawson

Peng! Collective

Price of dissent 32C3

Smuggler

Joerg Platzer

Conreality Team /Joerg Platzer

Frank Braun

Peter Rochusek

Last edited:
sounds interesting and it would be good to have a presence there. how many people will attend? who are the guest speakers? price may be a bit high even if it is a small % of budget.

sounds interesting and it would be good to have a presence there. how many people will attend? who are the guest speakers? price may be a bit high even if it is a small % of budget.

I have contacted someone in organization, so I will give you better answer soon. It will be similiar to last year, but bigger.

I do not think the price is big, it contains lot of things that have local impact and the local impact could have global impact through conference. Lot of people do not know about dash still.
Other aspect is that by this I could build a lot bigger legitimacy for dash as investment, and dash could increase way more thanks to these efforts.
Last motivation is fact that by investing my time since November 2015 on Facebook and Dashpay.cz I am not doing so much of a service as without marketing it is way less efective. Having larger audience will make it more meaningful.

GreyHost is taking way more money for something similiar, I think it is alright on his side as there are many expenses. This will be able to produce similiar ground, surely not in so huge space.

And in the end I would like to say that with this money I am not getting what I could get in regular job (many times more), I do this for comunity. I see a lot of potential here.

In Prague there will be conference in Paralelní Polis (2015 programme). This is one of the famous cryptocurrency spaces in Europe. I have already made a proposal that was not well received for good reason. I believe that I learned from it. Czech republic is not that imporant place even with Slovakia to create own video and other content. The conference is held once a year and it is place where most of world personas from our cyber-money community are present. This year it will be even bigger as it will be hosted on larger area and it will actualy be two conferences at once.

I need 60 DASH (9 USD/DASH--> 540USD x 2 months + 5 DASH reimbursement for proposal
This amount is only about 0,75 % of Dash budget.

Money will be used for:

August
20% for marketing of Dash - other activities will have bigger impact
32% translations of Dash Detailed - 175 usd - it means full month without any problem.
I counted average of these two videos
these translations should be done in 24 hours after dash detailed was uploaded on Youtube
10% other translations
20% organization of first meetup in Prague
18% - articles in online press or in other sites with high amount of visitors (it could get to 30000 people or more)

September
Between September and November there will be the actual conference so I will continue with some activities
10% marketing of Dash
32% translations of Dash Detailed
10% other translations
38% - Live experience of Dash for visitors, I would like to make the most of this conference for Dash. It is hard to say what exactly to do. There are ATMs for Bitcoin - I could do someting about it. There are POS terminals for bitcoin - influencing developers to add dash to them. You can buy all kinds of things with bitcoin there. I would like to have presentation there or have someone from comunity there. I will be able to make a better stay in Prague. There is high chance that very good speaker could have flight paid by HCPP.
This part is not yet known but I will be able to come up with good solutions as I am close to organization of the event. Please if there is chance to get some promotional materials about dash I will gladly make sure they will be distributed to people (just PM me)

It is hard to say whether there is some chance to have booth or something, probably not. It is not something where lead developers are going to be able to come.

What I am not getting money for:
Project management
Work with facebook page and promoting dash material
Meeting with people and influencing them to make Prague better place for Dash
Bringing new investors to Dash - it takes a lot of time and cost lot of money to figure things out in order to keep it legal and to get it into already established markets and new people.

I will add more information tomorow - this is just pre-proposal.

I think that Prague conference is the interesting part of the proposal !
why don't you concentrate on that ? maybe have a booth there or even do a presentation ?

I think that Prague conference is the interesting part of the proposal !
why don't you concentrate on that ? maybe have a booth there or even do a presentation ?

That is what I am talking about, I am in touch with the team and I do not know if it is possible to have a booth. I will need more money for booth and I am not sure if there will be people for that. I am still working on this. It is more than two months to this conference ...

But presentation is high priority. It could be myself or anyone else... I wrote about it above.

I agree with tungfa, the conference is very interesting part of your proposal. A booth would be awesome, even just to just with people and give away some merchandise.

How are you with public speaking?

I agree with tungfa, the conference is very interesting part of your proposal. A booth would be awesome, even just to just with people and give away some merchandise.

How are you with public speaking?
Could you give some information about booths, its merchandise and most importantly what is dash core experience with them and how big impact they have compared to speaker available whole day/conference? And what about expenses necessary to have one? And needs for stocking?

I could do a presentation in czech language, I am not very experienced even though I am getting used to it. I will be doing presentation more and more often as I am going to talk about dash to many qualified investors.

Last edited:
If you can decrease cost of translations - it will make this proposal more attractive...
Can you have a look for external professional translator services and freelancers? It may cost several times cheaper IMO...

If you can decrease cost of translations - it will make this proposal more attractive...
Can you have a look for external professional translator services and freelancers? It may cost several times cheaper IMO...

The price is based exactly upon that. How did you sourced your calculations?

I am in lower tier of these service prices already. I consulted with people doing this profession.

The price is based exactly upon that. How did you sourced your calculations?

I am in lower tier of these service prices already. I consulted with people doing this profession.

On my experience with EN->RU translation... I understand that EN->CZ may be significantly more expensive, but... so much... strange
As a very first idea, try have a look here: https://www.fiverr.com/categories/w...ef=languages_pair:english-czech|origin:header
Or some other freelance sites...

I like you proposal I personally think face to face interactions in conferences are a critical part of our future growth. Please refine your proposal around the Prague conference. I hope it passes. Cheers.

Could you give some information about booths, its merchandise and most importantly what is dash core experience with them and how big impact they have compared to speaker available whole day/conference? And what about expenses necessary to have one? And needs for stocking?

I am looking for an answer to this. Is there someone to answer this please?

I like you proposal I personally think face to face interactions in conferences are a critical part of our future growth. Please refine your proposal around the Prague conference. I hope it passes. Cheers.

I have sent another message to event manager and I am awaiting response. I am looking for best solutions.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm glad you posted this on Reddit! I was in two minds whether to attend HCPP as I'll be at the Trezor hackathon earlier that week, but this has sealed it for me. I live in Prague now, so I'm available before the event to help coordinate things. I'll do whatever I can to help with this, just give me a shout and I'll see what I can do!

Back