• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Business Development Support And Integration

Ryan Taylor

Foundation Member
This is a cross-post from www.dashwhale.org/p/bsdev-general-fund

Why is this proposal important?

Business Development is a critical component of our 2016 roadmap. In the past, the lack of a surrounding ecosystem of service providers ranging from highly-regarded exchanges to merchant service providers was a significant hindrance to Dash’s adoption. As many foundational elements of our surrounding ecosystem (thanks to the Lamassu and fiat gateways projects) have launched or are near completion – including Coinapult integration, market-making services, brokering, and ATM integration – new business opportunities are opening up to the team, requiring various levels of technical support.

We now have several discussions in the pipeline at various stages with well-known service providers in the crypto-currency space. We are targeting high-use services across the spectrum from popular wallets, exchanges, consumer services, merchant services, and more. We are especially excited about opportunities that will highlight the unique features of Dash. We aren’t simply seeking to implement Dash like every other coin.

What is funding needed for?

Technical support will be required to support our business partners’ integrations with Dash, especially given our unique feature set and capabilities. You may have seen the proposal that is supporting an upcoming flagship client. Given its size, we felt that particular effort warranted its own budget. Fortunately, that is not the only client in the pipeline. Many other support efforts or work-scoping exercises will be needed over the coming weeks.

We therefore seek general support and integration funding for business development across this set of substantial opportunities. The need for these funds is already imminent. More information will be released within the next week or two on one of these opportunities. We will share the name of the vendor at that time through a joint press release. For now, we can say only it is one of the most popular and fastest-growing Bitcoin wallet providers with hundreds of thousands of users.

We anticipate the need for business development funding to be ongoing as we ramp up business partner onboarding efforts. This proposal is for one month only due to the upcoming release of 12.1, which will reset all budget items in the system. We are currently planning for a budget of $6,000 per month.

Requested funding is as follows for the July 6th budget cycle:
Total: 742.92 Dash

Note: Funding from this proposal will be reserved for business development purposes.

Manually vote YES on this proposal:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many be24f9c16d5d5dc487def9fa2bce44e3be225f5bb4be304429894e39b9988d74 yes
OR from the qt console:
mnbudget vote-many be24f9c16d5d5dc487def9fa2bce44e3be225f5bb4be304429894e39b9988d74 yes

Manually vote NO on this proposal:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many be24f9c16d5d5dc487def9fa2bce44e3be225f5bb4be304429894e39b9988d74 no
OR from the qt console:
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many be24f9c16d5d5dc487def9fa2bce44e3be225f5bb4be304429894e39b9988d74 no

DashWhale on fire! You guys have sure done your homework! This is better than having all of the funds under one umbrella, for sure. Each proposal can be individually evaluated, and discussed openly. Building the ecosystem is key for me, so this proposal has my vote also.

seems expensive but i'm in.
two services i use a lot are purse.io and circle. if we could get them onboard that would be huge, bigger than huge!:D

@mastermined Circle is awesome huh. It is so easy to onboard friends to bitcoin if you get them to download the circle app. The friending feature is killer and I think that is coming to Dash with Evolution :)

P.S. Nice work guys, loving these budget proposals and surprised at how much you are all getting done.

what a peak is this? 475 yes votes casted instantly!

Means someone owns 475 masternodes (12% of the total number of masternodes!) or 475000 dash or 4465000 USD. This guy, whenever he proposes something into the budget, he has already the required 10% in order for his proposal to pass.

Wow! I think this is the biggest voting peak I have ever seen.

Last edited:
what a peak is this? 475 yes votes casted instantly!

Means someone owns 475 masternodes (12% of the total number of masternodes!) or 475000 dash or 4465000 USD. This guy, whenever he proposes something into the budget, he has already the required 10% in order for his proposal to pass.

Wow! I think this is the biggest voting peak I have ever seen.

Just Otoh voting. It isn't like he is hiding the fact that he has a lot of nodes. He is a long time community member and Dash supporter.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg15687100#msg15687100

Didn't Otoh sell a bunch of his nodes and have like 100 or so now a days?

Pablo.

Nope he didn't sell. Indeed @Solarminer is right. All you can check on bct forum .... he does not hide this fact at all.

My mistake. Do you happen to know when/how he came to buy so many? I'm curious.

Pablo.
If you have the financial possibility to do it you simply do it. He is quite long around i think he appearead april/may 2k14 and was buying only all the time. Serious investor and supporter of the project.
Btw. You can always ask him on PM ;)

If you have the financial possibility to do it you simply do it. He is quite long around i think he appearead april/may 2k14 and was buying only all the time. Serious investor and supporter of the project.
Btw. You can always ask him on PM ;)

I was looking for the anecdote really, I'm sure it makes a good story. Not gonna PM him about it, seems awkward.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong on the timeline though, he must have come a bit earlier as I bought my first coin on April 1 2014, and Otoh was already around. Keep in mind coin traded at around 0.7 cents back then.

Anyway, none of my business really. Cheers.

:)

Pablo.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong on the timeline though, he must have come a bit earlier as I bought my first coin on April 1 2014, and Otoh was already around..

You are the 666th member of this forum.
You bought your first coin 1 April.
And you admit that in a #13 post.
Beware.
If you didnt choose all these numbers on purpose, then you are a pwned puppet.

Last edited:
He has a huge penis. It makes him do awesome things.

There is some kind of rare information that cannot be learned, controlled or reached, however big money or penis you have. (like how to distinguish the pwned puppets or puppeteers by reading the numbers they are marked with, for example. Not only this, but additionaly whoever boasts he has the ability to distinguish the puppets by reading their numbering, he has already lost this ability.)

Last edited:
Back