Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

www.dash-wallet.com is a SCAM website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buster, Mar 10, 2016.

1. buster

buster Guest

Scam Alert:
    There have been many cases of people losing DASH at this website. (located in subject line). I know this has been posted all over but I see it happening all the time still. I think the reason is because when searching google for 'dash wallet' the dash-wallet website is the 6th listed item, and it's also the first item listed that is related to DASH in any way. This is horrible. Imagine you are a new DASH user and you google "dash wallet" and you find this scam page. it's happened many of times someone is making a lot of money from these scams.

Victims of this Scam:
    Case in point #1
    Case in point #2
    Case in point #3
    Case in point #4
    Case in point #5
    Case in point #6
    Case in point #7
    Case in point #8

As you can see there are many many people, and this list isn't even all of them.

Video Proof this is a scam:
    Quality of Video might be bad. Will upload new version if it stays bad:
    I deposited two transactions into the dash-wallet website. My deposits work, I even get a transaction ID.

But when you want to withdrawal, it will not work, it will never work. You will never get your dash back from this website.

Please use the following links to report this website:
    https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/
    http://www.stopfakes.gov/consumer-tools/report-fake-goods
    https://www.irs.gov/uac/Report-Phishing
    https://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/e-scams

Also if you can please copy this message I've written and paste it all over the internet. Anywhere. Make your own video of my video. If we get this video all over then we can make our way up the google ranking charts, that way when people search for dash wallet this video will pop up before the actual scam website.

• Like Like x 12
  2. TaoOfSatoshi

TaoOfSatoshi Grizzled Member
    Linguistic Dash Nation Founder

• Like Like x 2
  3. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Great work, thanks. Reported. (I did not forget to clear the cookies afterwards)

Scammers and criminals that are leeching money by using our project's name and currency need to be crushed with a vengeance. Guys, do not let this be just one more thread, please. Report, share...

4. calnaughtonjnr

calnaughtonjnr Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

I had someone buy coins from me and wasn't happy that they didn't arrive. I checked his address and sent him the transaction id proving I sent him the coins as soon as he paid. I got him to send me a screenshot of his wallet and there it was, dash-wallet.com

I'll get this info and a warning displayed on my site. They're nothing but low-life thieves

• Like Like x 2
  5. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Group Foundation Member Moderator

6. murtezx

murtezx New Member

thanks god that i didnt open an account with them

thanks for the report your the best bro

7. InTheWoods

InTheWoods Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

It seems people are attracted to web wallets since they are convenient. Holy Transactions is a great webwallet that supports Dash. Perhaps we should give it more exposure and offer it as an alternative. https://holytransaction.com/

8. Vedran Yoweri

Vedran Yoweri Active Member

"People who suggest trusting webwallets".

9. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

exactly
    it is tricky to suggest 3rd party wallets on our pages
    i do not use any web wallet and would only suggest Dash Official

10. InTheWoods

Foundation Member

What are you talking about? The same paranoid drivel coming from a guy I should have put on ignore list long ago. Welcome to my ignore list.

Holytransaction is one of the best online multicrypto wallets. You should obviously not put your life savings in there but lots of people keep their coins in exchanges. Using this is much better than using an exchange as a web wallet.
    http://bitreview.com/wallet/holy-transaction

I believe the Dash Android wallet was developed by a 3rd party.

#10 InTheWoods, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016
  11. buster

buster Guest

I think the key here is take over the term "dash wallet" with this video. If people post it all over their blogs, websites, etc it will be higher up in google rankings then dash-wallet website.

The fact that I can search dash wallet and dash.org doesn't even show up on page 1, but this guy's scam website does. Well that's a big issue to me.

Is anyone going to help spread this message? Tao started. Why not really push it.

I didn't make this video to inform the community of some new scam. This websites been around for a year. I did it to encourage the community to become proactive in eliminating this scam.

Most people are to busy though. They've got forum responses to write, and those are important.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

May I suggest few thingies? Change:

Title to: Fake Dash Wallet Fake | Beware Scam Website (dash-wallet dot com)
    Description is fine, only for the beginning of it use the same terms from the Title, say: Fake Dash Wallet Fake... etc., as in the current description. Also, somewhere in the very beginning, first sentence if possible, add "Official Dash Wallet" term with the link to dash.org. Type their domain as dash-wallet dot com so not to be a link; idiotic Google will index it, the link, as a "vote for")

In addition to Google / FBI / IRS etc., reports these following people should also be advised that they are providing criminals with a platform to steal:
    DOMAIN:
    http://www.enom.com/about-us.aspx#contactus (the criminals registered the domain with them. They should be made aware; I wrote already but we need other people to inundate them with info about criminals and liability
    HOST:
    http://www.softlayer.com/support or ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc. (TPCM)

We need to tell them (host and domain providers) that the FBI would gladly know about them providing support to the criminals. Also, reports to FBI et.al. should have the domain / host data, just in case. "Harboring criminals for financial malversations on the Internet..." is the key term they need to hear. Moreover, they seem to have accepted fake info about the "people" registering domain / hosting, which is also an error. Both the host and the domain name provider have a duty to know who is using their services and to enable security of their users.

These data about dash-wallet dot com scam is likely all fake:

Registrant Name: VONLIT KIILY
    Registrant Organization:
    Registrant Street: 151 WILLIAMSBRIDGE RD
    Registrant City: BRONX
    Registrant State/Province: NV
    Registrant Postal Code: 10461
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: +1.9172935718
    ech Email: [email protected]

• Like Like x 2
  13. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

trusted 3rd Party
    ;)

14. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash

But the code is open source and the wallet itself is under user's control, so there is no trust involved.

15. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash

Great points, we need to be careful of not giving them more SEO juice by posting everywhere. Words fake and scam should be used extensively for google to understand... although we have reported them many times to google and they don't act.

16. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash

• Like Like x 2
  17. InTheWoods

Foundation Member

That wasn't my point Fernando. Of course downloadable wallets are more transparent, as most of them have open source code, but the point I was trying to make was this:

People will use web wallets regardless because they are convenient. If you don't point them to a reliable web wallet, they'll just find one by random and risk them ending up on sites like dark-wallet. I was pointing out there are decent viable options out there, multicrypto web wallets with a decent track record. Holytransaction is one of them.

Trusted by whom? As I've pointed out in a previous post there are web wallets that are quite decent and trusted by users.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Otaci

Otaci Member

I agree, you can be a purist and tell people not to trust web wallets, but they'll do it anyway. Better to guide them in a reasonably safe direction.

• Like Like x 1
  19. buster

buster Guest

I updated titles and description in the video. i cant edit the title of this post so if a mod wants to change it to
    "Fake Dash Wallet Fake | Beware Scam Website (dash-wallet dot com)" that would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  20. artakan

artakan New Member

I must add my case .... How come this site is still up ??????
    I just lost 1400$ !!!!

When you type dash online wallet on google, it's the first link ! So I stupidly assumed it was safe ......

There should be a warning in the dash.org main page !

Isn't there any action possible to recover our losses `?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  21. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

22. unidasher

unidasher New Member

This dash-wallet is still listed on the first page in google search .
    Is this really going on for more than 6 months now , can't believe it .
    I think people are losing money here and getting scammed on a daily basis , giving DASH a bad name .

@tungfa : to my knowledge crosslinking the websites url's on the link you posted is pretty bad . It gives those websites a better google score .

Same as here : http://bitcoinist.com/dash-wallet-com-scam-still-victimizing-users-with-phishing-tactics/
    Those maliscious websites get linked , making them stronger in the process .

23. xdashguy

xdashguy Member

Dash uses the nofollow tag for 3rd party links. This was created by google so that it would NOT give link juice to sites linked. So, just because it is linked does not mean it is helping it.

24. camosoul

camosoul Well-known Member

The first Cloud was the banking system. If you can't be asked to take responsibility for yourself and insist on subjecting your crypto to the same problems as fiat cloud; you deserve to get fucked.

The only reasons to use crypto cloud/web wallets are gross irresponsibility and extreme laziness; which have consequences. Crypto being born into the snowflake generation has been it's root failing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

well
    i am trying my best to create awareness - changed the scam page as suggested by others before
    bottom line - as camo said - it is personal responsibility as this here is all we can do

i can try to reach out to bitcoinist to ask for a change - but parallel - we / they want this to be seen and found as well

in the end it is a lose / lose as that webpage is still up and we not seem to get them down :(

26. unidasher

unidasher New Member

Cross referencing is almost as bad as cross linking , just saying .
    All links and references go 1 way , to the scam website . The scam website does not refer back making them the "master" and most important website .
    The websites trying to create awareness score much lower and are therefore only found AFTER people have been scammed .

From checkpagerank.net : https://yadi.sk/i/p_DXCSpL34YSNB
    -->280 backlinks and 62 referring domains for that scam website we are talking about .

I have filed a scam and phishing claim with google yesterday , and for me the website is disfunctional now . You can check by going to the url in question directly .
    DON'T google it and then click the link , cause that will bump their score .

I really think DASH needs to take action to bring that website down as it is impacting them in a negative way . It is creating a negative atmosphere around our coin and causing a feeling of disbelief , distrust .
    This is especially bad for a coin which had a major bug at launch AND that has changed it's name for the third time now . Takes away lots of the trustfactor (at least it did for me) .

Imagine a scam website taking people's money , pretending they sell NIKE shoes and ranking on page 1 (www.nike-shoes.com) . How long do you think they would be running their fake business for ?

Just my opinion as a new masternode runner . I'm only trying to help here without fingerpointing anyone in particular .

#26 unidasher, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  27. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

we have filed multiple reports - talked to lawyers - encouraged the community to report - .....

we do NOT get that page down in any legit way and obviously we can not suggest DDOS attacks on them as that is illegal as far as i know :rolleyes:

28. noobtrader

noobtrader Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. camosoul

camosoul Well-known Member

You don't have to like it for it to be true. Sad hate is sad.

30. alex-ru

alex-ru Grizzled Member

Ok, let me place here 1 more link for some "bad guys" with IMO:
    ENOM is SCAM domain REGISTRAR (I mean scam-friendly - they let this scam [dash-wallet_com] operate more than for 1 year now and they help them to steal Dash user's money).

Please everybody who love Dash - publish this link everywhere you can!
    Let's tell to everybody that Enom scam is earning their "black money" by helping scammers with stealing Dash users funds.

Come on Dash force, let's make a nice flashmob!

#30 alex-ru, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 2