• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Would you be interested in High Quality 100% cotton Dash T-shirt

Would you be interested in an unique Dash 100% cotton t-shirt

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BolehVPN

23 November 2016

We are now live for shipping!! I have sent an e-mail out to those who have filled up the order form for payment. If you aren't contacted (some of you didn't leave an e-mail), please drop an e-mail at [email protected]

Still not too late to order!

https://goo.gl/forms/cijGa7n1NEU7AgCp2
Payment:
Paypal: [email protected]
Dash (use latest Polo price): XsTsvqZnNMEW4D9pd7b9BK2MLnuunmwgEB (please e-mail me with details after paying via Dash)

17 October 2016

We are finally ready to start accepting orders at 30 USD per-shirt.
Worldwide shipping via HK Air Registered Post is an additional 10 USD and for each subsequent t-shirt would be 5 USD.

Order/Interest Form:

https://goo.gl/forms/cijGa7n1NEU7AgCp2

Even if you have filled it up before, please fill it up again. It has all the sizing details and shipping prices as well.

DwNprVb.jpg

76ldqPs.jpg

pBgSi5D.jpg

Specifications of the t-shirt are

Single jersey, 100% cotton yarn, yarn count is 32’s/1 (yarn thickness is 32 single), fabric weight is 130g/m2.

We're doing a sample print to make sure they're all in order and then we'll open it up for orders.

Sizing will be following US standard and we will have S, M, L, XL. Will post the exact dimensions later.

Update 5 September 2016
Here is the design!

Tentative price: 30 USD + shipping or Dash equivalent
T-shirts shipped from Hong Kong. Can assist with customs declaration.
rpcy561.jpg

I am engaging a designer and a high quality t-shirt printer to do a combination of the Dash whitepaper with the logo. Very interested to see the results. The white paper text will be used to outline a Dash logo. I'm still thinking of whether to use a white background with dash blue for the text or a black background instead.

The print will be all over (not just a logo) and will be pigment print or discharge printing so it is not one of those 'sticker' t-shirts. The t-shirts are also made 100% cotton and not bought off Gildan or Fruit of the Loom.

Will be using US sizing.

To make a print, I need a minimum order of these quality t-shirts is 50 pcs though a slight discount can be given if I go for 90 pcs.

The cost is higher because of the material and also the all over print design (as opposed to just the chest and back).

Am just checking to assess interest to decide on the number of t-shirts I need to make.

Last edited:
This poll is not setup correctly. It is very important for dash's future to educate yourself to set up a poll correctly.

The options of this poll should NOT be "yes"/"no".
The poll options should be "yes"/"other"

You dont care about "no", do you? You already know how many the "No" are, they are about 7000000000, it is the population of earth. You only care for the "yes" or for the "other". For example "other" may include the option "I want a hat instead of a Tshirt" or the option "if the T-shirt is 90% cotton and 10% polyester I ll buy it, I hate 100% cotton".

Got it?
So please remove the "no" option and replace it with the "other" option (after all "no" is also included in "other", isnt it?)

Last edited:
As for an idea of how the design would kinda look like, it would be something like this except perhaps a different color. Am also thinking of the magnification for this as to how small the text would be. Ideas are appreciated.
b40ed253630a5c97cf5006df0356eaa1_large.jpg

sign me up for a medium (skinny people version)
I would do that big D on back and front just a small dash.org (blue) on chest pocket
(I like that grey writing)

Tx for looking into this Reuben

A qualified 'no' from here, but worth brief feedback as it's not a total lack of interest, I like the design and the intent as regards materials and wouldn't begrudge the base price.

Where it comes unstuck, for a UK/European user, is the taxes and import duties that would be payable on a commercial import of clothing from Hong Kong (or indeed anywhere outside Europe). I've made that mistake before, and it results in a 21% excise duty (on the full amount, shipping included), 20% VAT on top, and an £8 clearance fee from the Post Office. So if I buy a £20 T-shirt, say £25 with shipping, and it arrives from Hong Kong, I could expect to have to pay £11.30 in taxes and duties plus £8 to the postal service, and my cost for that £20 T-shirt ends up at £44.30 (US $57.50). Ouch.

Two possibly constructive options come to mind. Regarding sale of T-shirts, if the option of (re)shipping from somewhere within the EU with lesser import controls were available, it would likely be cost-effective; if it costs £25 to get the T-shirt as far as Europe then it might cost £30-£32 to get it as far as here; still not cheap but a great improvement on buying it from Hong Kong.

The second thought is whether you could interest the Foundation in taking a quantity of T-shirts (possibly reducing unit cost) and making them available as an optional perk of membership (at cost or a slight profit), perhaps offering membership with and without. Many/most countries have an exemption on import taxes and duties for gifts of a limited value. Thus, if I buy a T-shirt from the USA, the same applies as for Hong Kong, but if I buy membership of an organisation and it comes with the gift of a T-shirt, then there is (in most places) a legitimate exemption from import taxes. Obviously, not a cheap means just for acquiring a T-shirt, but done right it could perhaps make both T-shirt and membership look like better value for a European audience.

No idea whether either of these is feasible; to make a long story short the idea is attractive (and please don't reduce the intended quality to meet a particular price point) but from within the UK (and a large part of Europe) the incidental costs of buying a T-shirt commercially from outside the EU are prohibitive. Thus, in principle I'd be interested, but not in the specifics of the present offer.

I'll take an XL and also demo is a troll.

@magick, I guess you should have brexited a lot sooner... Stop denying that the problem is the problem...

I did consider doing it simple but I think that is easily done by anyone and this is something a bit more stylish and funky and high quality. Otherwise it would be more efficient for us to just go to a local printer with the Dash logo which is fine but I feel that's not really unique and has been done in other places already.

@tungfa has purchased this guy's t-shirts before so they aren't your regular quality t-shirt. He'll post some samples on the quality of the printing when he has time.

I'll probably do a limited run of 50 first.

As for the EU issues, we'll see how it works out. Will probably see how interest is first with this first run. I can say that I'm making very little on this (maybe will just break even) considering the effort and the design costs plus I'm pretty sure we will have some unsold due to sizing.

We should be getting the first drafts of the design soon.

@magick, I guess you should have brexited a lot sooner... Stop denying that the problem is the problem...

God, no. That's a problem all right (not from the point of view of British interest in cryptocurrency in general, I suppose) and essentially it's a case of the turkeys voting for Christmas. Those of us looking beyond our own shores (or beyond the ends of our noses, I'm tempted to say) don't tend to be quite so blind to what our own government is doing. Sadly, in some hideous combination of 'divide and rule' meets 'bread and circuses' meets 'smoke and mirrors', what we just saw here was the anthropological equivalent of a 51% attack, wherein a corrupt ledger ("blame it on immigration") becomes the accepted variant of just over half of the vote and takes over from the historical record.

Our 'democracy' is more vulnerable than BTC or DASH in that respect; the Leave vote was carried by 52% of a 74% turnout of the electorate, that being ~72% of the population. So those who turned out to cast a vote against Europe are 52% of 74% of 72% of those who live here, or some 27.7%. The rest of us are dismayed, ashamed and fearful for the future - please don't rub it in! The problem that brings us the spectre of Brexit is, as the CEO of Credit Suisse accurately explained it, the chronic lack of investment into education in Britain, which allows us to keep spending on wars, on increased state surveillance and on dismantling and selling off national infrastructure whilst blaming it on anything but the 1% who profit. Please don't think that a Brexit vote reflects anything more than ignorance and herd mentality, helped by a substantial hate campaign in the media. UKIP gained just 1 of 650 parliamentary seats in the 2015 election; combined voter support for anti-Europe and pro-nationalist movements doesn't amount to 10% of the electorate. So you have a tide of people with more idea what they're voting against than what they're voting for, essentially, but the 'majority' of Britons voting against humanity is an incredibly slim one, and plenty fickle enough to change its mind when it sees the impact on the price of a loaf of bread.

Meanwhile, leaving individual political positioning to one side, what was once a major world currency has taken quite a knock as the world casts its vote on how relevant Britain is outside the EU, and a large amount of financial and intellectual capital is fast relocating to safer havens. So, T-shirts aside, there's perhaps been no better time for a currency like Dash in Europe and in Britain, but there are still barriers to international trade in physical goods and services (be it T-shirts or mining hardware) and in general, we're reliant on cheaper or less restrictive jurisdictions if we're going to find ways to work around that.

I'll leave it at that since it's heading way off topic but the original point stands: here and in a proportion of other European countries we'd face silly additional costs in buying a T-shirt from outside the EU. If the same T-shirt comes via Spain, Greece or any other part of Europe with a less punitive and self-serving tax regime, it'll be about one third cheaper. Unless 'Brexit' becomes a reality before the T-shirt does, I'm not sure it has any real relevance here...

I did consider doing it simple but I think that is easily done by anyone and this is something a bit more stylish and funky and high quality. Otherwise it would be more efficient for us to just go to a local printer with the Dash logo which is fine but I feel that's not really unique and has been done in other places already.

@tungfa has purchased this guy's t-shirts before so they aren't your regular quality t-shirt. He'll post some samples on the quality of the printing when he has time.

I'll probably do a limited run of 50 first.

As for the EU issues, we'll see how it works out. Will probably see how interest is first with this first run. I can say that I'm making very little on this (maybe will just break even) considering the effort and the design costs plus I'm pretty sure we will have some unsold due to sizing.

We should be getting the first drafts of the design soon.

It does sound worth doing to the standard you have in mind, the pricing itself doesn't seem excessive, just the potential import taxes. I wish you every success with the first run; maybe if they're as decent as they sound I'll get tempted in spite of silly import costs.

We can always help with the declaration for Euro cases. It's not as if these t-shirts are super high value items and I spoke with some of my friends who are in the t-shirt business as well.

We can always help with the declaration for Euro cases. It's not as if these t-shirts are super high value items and I spoke with some of my friends who are in the t-shirt business as well.

That works, too. In which case, put me down as a yes. Size "large" by most guides, if you have a specific size chart for these shirts, then whatever size measures 22" from armpit to armpit would be ideal, not fussed about the length. Let me know at such time as you have the final price including shipping costs, in my case to the United (?!) Kingdom. Slight logical preference towards paying you in Dash but not a strong one; if USD or BTC is preferred, either can be arranged.

I bough a shirtstorm shirt for $140, exported from the UK.

You can pay some self-imposed EU import duties. You're right. Probably not relevant due to timing, which is why I said you should have done it sooner.

I'll take one in M! I'm guessing at the size but M usually fits me. EU shipping also here.

My first and only purchase so far off OpenBazaar is the OpenBazaART and Crypto Revolution t-shirts by Stone Banana. I've never been into geeky t-shirts but these I had to have, and I'd quite like to add to the collection :)

Strong preference for paying in DASH, simply so that when I'm at crypto meetups, I can say "This is my Dash t-shirt, that I paid for with DASH!". "This is my Dash t-shirt, that I paid for with USD billed to my GBP denominated debit card!" doesn't have the same ring, and "This is my Dash t-shirt, that I paid for with BTC!" is just fail.

The problem that brings us the spectre of Brexit is, as the CEO of Credit Suisse accurately explained it, the chronic lack of investment into education in Britain, which allows us to keep spending on wars, on increased state surveillance and on dismantling and selling off national infrastructure whilst blaming it on anything but the 1% who profit.

I only came here because I stumbled across the t-shirt subject, I didn't expect a debate about Brexit :) But since you've raised it, these points are all good reasons why I'm glad to not be living in the UK any more. They aren't reasons I moved, but they're forces keeping me away.

I like a lot of things about the UK – the people are friendly (outside central London at least), Manchester is one of my favourite cities in the world, and it's got a long history of producing cool computing stuff, like the ZX Spectrum, BBC Micro, and lately the Raspberry Pi, plus a huge computer games industry often coming from bedroom hackers. Manchester basically invented free trade capitalism, and yet the country now is turning into a textbook case of 1984. One of our previous prime ministers has just been pretty conclusively labelled a war criminal and yet expressly has no regrets about bombing an Arab state on a pretext that looked insubstantial even at the time. My simplified mental model of the UK is: Manchester invented capitalism, the people started getting rich, London took notice, and the bankers teamed up with the government to make sure such a terrible thing never happened again. I miss things from the UK and I still go back often, but I'm happy to keep a distance most of the time, because it always feel to me like the place has gone ever so slightly mad.

I'm excited by cryptocurrency (first Bitcoin, now Dash) because it stands to give the world what it had during the brief period of free trade in the 19th century: a reliable global currency like the competing gold standard fiat currencies once were. That can only be a boost to trade, and in turn, to the standard of living of us all.

The EU is a protectionist block and those that voted to remain have no care or idea for sovereignty or capitalism, they should fuck off to the country they'd be happy in instead of sitting in the UK and simultaneously moaning about it.

The Remainers will conveniently forget / ignore basic things, like sanctions against Russia, and then scratch their head wondering why there was an oversupply of milk in the eu. Or they'll never question the sense, why buying silver Britannias from Germany is cheaper than buying from their own country. They'll give you some twisted and convoluted excuse for these things. The same people that lost the vote and then complained about the outcome.. ha ha, believed in democracy while they voted, then sore losers and blaming others when they lost.

Brexit was a win for social media and truth over heavy handed propaganda from MSM funded from the eu.

Now the UK is free to do trade with the world.

Well, perhaps. Trouble is we have higher taxation than the majority of EU countries but greater levels of inequality. Removing European checks and balances leaves one obvious model, the "freedom" of unfettered free market capitalism and all the joys that brings. Meaning that we lurch ever more towards a US-style model of extreme wealth and extreme destitution. That furthers a society at risk of spending more on weapons than welfare, more on hatred than healthcare and more on exploitation than on education.

One might note that those who believe we're better off not sticking two fingers up to the rest of the world are not generally lacking in education, ranging from Prof. A. C. Grayling to the plainer language of Billy Bragg; if you favour the world of business over academia or the arts, perhaps we should consider the views of the chief economist of the Bank of England, or the CEO of a major Swiss bank, or of several major fund managers.

Indeed it was a 'win' for social media (I'm not sure the resulting Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act will be - mass data retention and other nasties); we didn't see much of that based on any demonstrable 'truth' or even in most cases a cogent argument. It was a 'win' for those who believe that the solution to all things is to scream "ENGLAND!" at the top of their lungs and then to drive home in their French car to drink Belgian lager with their Italian dinner whilst watching American animated comedy on a Japanese television set. In all seriousness, if there are any decent arguments for Britain leaving Europe, I remain open to hearing them. But this is a lively and ongoing debate here, and no cogent argument has yet been brought forth that I am aware of. If you know something we're missing, do tell us. Regarding the notion that those in favour of Euroe should "fuck off to the country they'd be happy in", many have or already are. This is the flight of intellectual capital that I described above; there is a massive "brain drain" affecting Britain presently as those with the intelligence and the means do precisely that. For the moment I'm unable to follow suit (rather, I choose to remain close to aging family members) and there is a real risk that never mind being 'free' to trade with the rest of the world, I may not when the time comes be 'free' to travel, work or live in another country without requiring a visa. On a happier note, when the time comes, my prospects in that regard are decent enough to settle elsewhere, though to do so may feel like an exercise in "bugger you, Jack, I'm all right" as regards those I leave behind.

Much as I welcome intelligent discussion (even if most of it does seem needlessly prescriptive and hostile so far), perhaps we should make a thread for it or park it. As I thought I'd made clear, I replied to an enquiry about T-shirts with such issues as are relevant to my interest in having one sent here. That being agreeably sorted, Reuben has one more customer, maybe two.

Yet this seems to have ignited as much discussion on whether I/we/Britain/Europe should fall out or f*** off - or all of the above - as the more constructively minded among us have had about shipping T-shirts to Europe. To be blunt, I'm too old and jaded to think Britain is relevant, or that I am, or that you are. Whatever your political positioning, the added helpings of hostility just come off as abrasive and xenophobic. I'm not upset, but it strikes me as unhelpful to the wider Dash community and to efforts to improve global uptake of Dash if constructive discussions among the community are routinely swamped by sniping. If I wanted a currency whose reach and value were to be determined by a braying herd, I'd stick with GBP. Meanwhile, do we better interest people in Dash by using it and trading in it, or by tarring it with the same attitudes that make fiat currency unsafe? Back to T-shirts, please.

Well, perhaps. Trouble is we have higher taxation than the majority of EU countries but greater levels of inequality. Removing European checks and balances leaves one obvious model, the "freedom" of unfettered free market capitalism and all the joys that brings. Meaning that we lurch ever more towards a US-style model of extreme wealth and extreme destitution. That furthers a society at risk of spending more on weapons than welfare, more on hatred than healthcare and more on exploitation than on education.

One might note that those who believe we're better off not sticking two fingers up to the rest of the world are not generally lacking in education, ranging from Prof. A. C. Grayling to the plainer language of Billy Bragg; if you favour the world of business over academia or the arts, perhaps we should consider the views of the chief economist of the Bank of England, or the CEO of a major Swiss bank, or of several major fund managers.

Indeed it was a 'win' for social media (I'm not sure the resulting Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act will be - mass data retention and other nasties); we didn't see much of that based on any demonstrable 'truth' or even in most cases a cogent argument. It was a 'win' for those who believe that the solution to all things is to scream "ENGLAND!" at the top of their lungs and then to drive home in their French car to drink Belgian lager with their Italian dinner whilst watching American animated comedy on a Japanese television set. In all seriousness, if there are any decent arguments for Britain leaving Europe, I remain open to hearing them. But this is a lively and ongoing debate here, and no cogent argument has yet been brought forth that I am aware of. If you know something we're missing, do tell us. Regarding the notion that those in favour of Euroe should "fuck off to the country they'd be happy in", many have or already are. This is the flight of intellectual capital that I described above; there is a massive "brain drain" affecting Britain presently as those with the intelligence and the means do precisely that. For the moment I'm unable to follow suit (rather, I choose to remain close to aging family members) and there is a real risk that never mind being 'free' to trade with the rest of the world, I may not when the time comes be 'free' to travel, work or live in another country without requiring a visa. On a happier note, when the time comes, my prospects in that regard are decent enough to settle elsewhere, though to do so may feel like an exercise in "bugger you, Jack, I'm all right" as regards those I leave behind.

Much as I welcome intelligent discussion (even if most of it does seem needlessly prescriptive and hostile so far), perhaps we should make a thread for it or park it. As I thought I'd made clear, I replied to an enquiry about T-shirts with such issues as are relevant to my interest in having one sent here. That being agreeably sorted, Reuben has one more customer, maybe two.

Yet this seems to have ignited as much discussion on whether I/we/Britain/Europe should fall out or f*** off - or all of the above - as the more constructively minded among us have had about shipping T-shirts to Europe. To be blunt, I'm too old and jaded to think Britain is relevant, or that I am, or that you are. Whatever your political positioning, the added helpings of hostility just come off as abrasive and xenophobic. I'm not upset, but it strikes me as unhelpful to the wider Dash community and to efforts to improve global uptake of Dash if constructive discussions among the community are routinely swamped by sniping. If I wanted a currency whose reach and value were to be determined by a braying herd, I'd stick with GBP. Meanwhile, do we better interest people in Dash by using it and trading in it, or by tarring it with the same attitudes that make fiat currency unsafe? Back to T-shirts, please.

All these things you cite (BoE etc) are exactly what MSM regurgitates. Funny how social arguments and fear mongering are placed when convenient to do so. I am far from xenophobic, quite the opposite. The simple truth is, when you favour one group - europeans - you equally downplay / disqualify everyone else... and that's not what I am about. I don't care for nationality, disability etc, I want to treat everyone equal... and that's just not possible within the eu.

If the eu is so good, why not also drop the pound and let's use the euro instead? Oh, wait, let me guess; one foot in and one foot out is the best policy? Stronger with the pound, meaning we exploit the europeans because they have a lousy euro? But no, I'm sure you wouldn't call that exploitation.

No less, that you wouldn't call it exploitation when British families with children are physically separated because one partner is from outside the eu and doesn't meet the financial requirements made in law. But your favourite european friends can come to the UK and that's ok. Sorry to say, but I suspect you're pretty clueless when it comes to visas. But I can tell you from first hand experience, that many people from outside the eu are regularly refused even the most basic tourist visa because border control have magical crystal balls, and they predict these visitors will "over stay" on their tourist visa.

But don't take my directness as one sided. Before the brexit results, I decided that a result to remain would seriously push me in the direction of leaving the UK... after all, if I'm going to be stuck with europe, then I might as well do so in sunnier climes. As it goes, I am in a similar situation to yourself, with local commitments.. but it's an eye to the future and I still might leave anyway.. we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back