Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

working with more than one wallet

Discussion in 'Development Tech Discussion' started by jimbursch, May 11, 2017.

1. jimbursch

jimbursch Active Member

I have a couple of projects that I am working on, and I want each project to have its own wallet. This is how I'm thinking of doing it, and I'm wondering if there are any pitfalls I should be aware of, or if there might be a better way.

I downloaded and installed dashcore on this computer for Project1 and backed up wallet.dat to wallet.project1

On another computer I downloaded and installed dashcore for Project2 and backed up wallet.dat to wallet.project2

On this computer, when I switch from Project1 to Project2, I just importwallet "wallet.project2"

Does that make sense? Is there a better way to work with multiple wallets and switching between them?

2. AjM

AjM Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Make custom name wallets -> rename wallet.dat to custom name (when wallet is closed).
    Make each wallet their own shortcut.
    Use commanline option -wallet=xxx.dat

Example:

- Make first wallet named to wallet_example_1.dat
    - Make shortcut to this wallet, like: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\dash-qt.exe -wallet=wallet_example_1.dat

- Make second wallet named to wallet_example_2.dat
    - Make shortcut to this wallet, like: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\dash-qt.exe -wallet=wallet_example_2.dat

You can also name each wallet window with this option: -windowtitle="Example wallet 1"

Let me know if this works, to me there is no problem with this.

• Like Like x 2