• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

working with more than one wallet

jimbursch

I have a couple of projects that I am working on, and I want each project to have its own wallet. This is how I'm thinking of doing it, and I'm wondering if there are any pitfalls I should be aware of, or if there might be a better way.

I downloaded and installed dashcore on this computer for Project1 and backed up wallet.dat to wallet.project1

On another computer I downloaded and installed dashcore for Project2 and backed up wallet.dat to wallet.project2

On this computer, when I switch from Project1 to Project2, I just importwallet "wallet.project2"

Does that make sense? Is there a better way to work with multiple wallets and switching between them?

Make custom name wallets -> rename wallet.dat to custom name (when wallet is closed).
Make each wallet their own shortcut.
Use commanline option -wallet=xxx.dat

Example:

- Make first wallet named to wallet_example_1.dat
- Make shortcut to this wallet, like: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\dash-qt.exe -wallet=wallet_example_1.dat

- Make second wallet named to wallet_example_2.dat
- Make shortcut to this wallet, like: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\dash-qt.exe -wallet=wallet_example_2.dat

You can also name each wallet window with this option: -windowtitle="Example wallet 1"

Let me know if this works, to me there is no problem with this.

Back