• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

wikipedia

We do have a wiki page that's quite good, only Wikipedia won't allow it to go live until DarkCoin has more of a presence. I don't recall how that works though, but you can search for the wiki on bitcointalk's Darkcoin page. it's been transcribed to French and I believe Chinese already too! What a wonderful community, no?

Here is what I got back from wikipedia. I"m not surprised... we really don't have many sources outside our own community.

This submission's references do not adequately evidence the subject's notability—see the general guideline on notability and the golden rule. Please improve the submission's referencing, so that the information is verifiable, and there is clear evidence of why the subject is notable and worthy of inclusion in an encyclopedia.
What you can do: Add citations (see Wikipedia:Referencing for beginners) to secondary reliable sources that are entirely independent of the subject.

Remember that wikipedia is designed to be a reference, not necessarily explainging cutting-edge technology.

For anyone who wants to work on the darkcoin page (which I have to update with DGW) the link is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/DarkCoin

Here is what I got back from wikipedia. I"m not surprised... we really don't have many sources outside our own community.

This submission's references do not adequately evidence the subject's notability—see the general guideline on notability and the golden rule. Please improve the submission's referencing, so that the information is verifiable, and there is clear evidence of why the subject is notable and worthy of inclusion in an encyclopedia.
What you can do: Add citations (see Wikipedia:Referencing for beginners) to secondary reliable sources that are entirely independent of the subject.

Remember that wikipedia is designed to be a reference, not necessarily explainging cutting-edge technology.

For anyone who wants to work on the darkcoin page (which I have to update with DGW) the link is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/DarkCoin

Be assured that we have some PR pros helping us out with the marketing. You may not be hearing too much about that, but it's happening. Everything has a time and place; there is a strict order.

With the example of Wikipedia, we unfortunately must wait until we have some press coverage (it could be on a respected blog, not necessarily CNN) that we can use as a reference at the bottom of the page. I'd say we need three or four of those before we move on with the Wikipedia page. Otherwise it will keep on getting deleted by moderators.

You are right... It's not deleted, tho... Just not searchable online. As long as I (or someone ) periodically updates it, it will stay alive until we can reinforce it with some more respectable references.

Ok, forgot it was you, HammerHedd! That white paper, will it be published somewhere eventually? That will be a great reference. But I'll admit I have no marketing knowledge so I'll leave that up to you all!!!

Back