Why is everyone so quiet? Why is the average user so uninvolved?

TheDashGuy

Dec 16, 2015
You would think more than 0.001% of our community would want to be part of the daily conversations.

But Dash seems to have one of the quietest communities of all, I would even go as far to say that the Dash community in general really has no idea whats going on on the day-to-day basis.

Any reasons for this? Why does Dogecoin, Litecoin ETC have a more active community than us? Seems backwards to me...

Wake up people! How do we get everyone to start participating more instead of less?

amanda_b_johnson

Dec 22, 2015
I have wondered this also, and come to a conclusion:

it's because Dash's momentum -- its market cap -- is based mainly on investors' recognition of good code. Whereas most other crypto networks attract their capital with the chatter of hype.

I'll take solid code over chatter any day.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
You would think more than 0.001% of our community would want to be part of the daily conversations.

But Dash seems to have one of the quietest communities of all, I would even go as far to say that the Dash community in general really has no idea whats going on on the day-to-day basis.

Any reasons for this? Why does Dogecoin, Litecoin ETC have a more active community than us? Seems backwards to me...

Wake up people! How do we get everyone to start participating more instead of less?
Lets think about possible reasons why a few people talk here.
One possible reason could be because this thing is run by big companies and not by real persons. Big companies do not talk.
Another possible reason maybe because the average user realizes that greedy geeks are the majority in dash, and it is not pleasant to talk with them.
Another possible reason is that accesing the forum is slow, and this lag discourages people to come here and talk.
What other possible reason can you find to justify why it is so quiet here?

TheDashGuy

Dec 16, 2015
Lets think about possible reasons why a few people talk here.
One possible reason could be because this thing is run by big companies and not by real persons. Big companies do not talk.
Another possible reason maybe because the average user realizes that greedy geeks are the majority in dash, and it is not pleasant to talk with them.
What other possible reason can you find to justify why it is so quiet here?
WE NEED MORE TROLLS LIKE YOU LOL

Ok, really though... you crack me up man I wish I could hear you talk IRL.

TheDashGuy

Dec 16, 2015
I have wondered this also, and come to a conclusion:

it's because Dash's momentum -- its market cap -- is based mainly on investors' recognition of good code. Whereas most other crypto networks attract their capital with the chatter of hype.

I'll take solid code over chatter any day.
Well in all honestly it just makes me feel as if Dash has a smaller community than the rest of the cryptos, I wish people would speak up more..

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
WE NEED MORE TROLLS LIKE YOU LOL

Ok, really though... you crack me up man I wish I could hear you talk IRL.

I told you 3 possible reasons.
We have also the reason claiming that people are afraid of the rating system.
And the reason that dash is based mainly on investors' recognition of good code which is similar to the above.

Can you find another reason?

Lets find all possible reasons. Then lets put the reasons into a vote, to discover the cause of quietness.

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
Dash Nation is a community of doers. The professionalism of people here is beyond anything I've seen in crypto.

We just finished having a long discussion over clarification of roles in the community, maybe people got burned out from posting for a while after that. I know I have.

We also have other avenues of communication besides here, which are being used simultaneously. People don't want to post here unless they have a reason to post. We are about to test V12.1, so there will be a lot of posting here for that, and it should make this place feel more like home again.

Dash is being developed and promoted, and access ramps are being created. I'll take Dash Nation's progress over post counts in forums any day. :D

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
We just finished having a long discussion over clarification of roles in the community, maybe people got burned out from posting for a while after that. I know I have.

:D
Most of reasons are guessworks.

But one reason is objective, the forum is too slow now, and I dont know why.

MangledBlue

Jun 28, 2014
USA
Most of reasons are guessworks.

But one reason is objective, the forum is too slow now, and I dont know why.
Not sure how fast you need a, pretty much, textually based system to be.
[Words on a Shirt]

but - maybe you should explain how and where and when are you experiencing these stated deficiencies?
I personally have seen nothing but a lot of WOW and COOL so far... keep finding NEW STUFF :-D

I say GREAT JOB!!!
but..... Is this the new website that we paid for? I'm a bit lost on that subject...
....I'd be a little disappointed if it was/is [expected a little more - but - meh.....]

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
My eyes are misted , tears coming from the sun . My body is tired and I am walking slowly .
I am the bug of the system.
Maybe thats why it lags only to me.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
I'm sorry, I maybe wrong, but I'm concluding that a lot of your posts are designed to stir up non issues.

I hope your objectives are sincere.
What are you talking about?
I told you, there is problem in my profile.
I am attacked by eternal javascripts.
I am trying to prove this you , by reporting the bug.
An obvious visible bug that everyone can see, because the javascript lags is not visible to you.

Reactions: demo2

GreyGhost

Foundation Member
Jun 4, 2014
Santa Monica, CA
Dash Nation is a community of doers.
I'll take Dash Nation's progress over post counts in forums any day. :D
This is the Dash Forum, devoted to all things DASH, a privacy-centric digital currency. I wonder where can I find that "Dash Nation community" you keep talking about?

I wanted to post a mini-essay about nations, rather nation states, that were throughout the history sent men to kill and to be killed, imposed taxes or sanctions on others, pillaged, ravaged and were forcing their religion by superimposing the religion of others etc. and I also wanted to state that the world of P2P economy has to transcendent the old nation states that are source of so many pains humanity suffers. James Dale Davidson & William Rees-Mogg in their book The Sovereign Individual put it succinctly: "We know what happened to organized religion in the wake of the gunpowder revolution. Technological developments created strong incentives to downsize religious institutions and lower their costs. A similar technological revolution is destined to downsize radically the nation-state early in the new millennium."

Digital currency, such as DASH, encapsulates idea of P2P -- decentralized -- economy, decentralized democracy; it represents the very transcendence of national and state boundaries, it is the embodiment of globalized relations of commerce and information in between individuals i.e. peers. And you want to ram down our collective throats that ridiculous notion of some imaginary "nation" mirroring the very idea that needs to be decentralized? To whom I am paying the taxes in that "nation" of yours so it can have the money to function? Who do we invade next, as your "nation," since now we have funds to create an army? How much does it cost to get the passport of your "nation"?

As you know @TaoOfSatoshi - I admire you and your efforts. You do not ask for a permission. You have been a great ambassador for Dash since the Darkcoin times. But I, as the free individual who dreams of the border-less, nation-less, state-less (funnily enough, I myself am stateless due to the nature of my political asylum) world in which the true power, the true freedom, the true humanity lies in each of us as individuals that are free to go, work, associate, pay, love whomever they want wherever they want, without having to ask for a permission of the state (to travel, to marry, to exchange good and services...) am getting nauseated if someone imposes every single action of every single individual involved with Dash as an achievement of that imaginary "nation" of yours. I do not pledge my allegiance to your fiefdom ("nation"), sorry.

And I am sure a bunch of free individuals all over the world, some of them living in nation states under the tyrannical boots of some other nation states occupying it, feel the same.

You put tireless energy into your efforts and that's commendable. But your efforts, when that endless, nauseating "ramming down our collective throats" of the "nation" you seem to have "founded" are dividing us by a tiny crack here and another tiny crack there. A small wonder they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Your efforts remind me of a great scene in a cute little movie, ONCE AROUND, directed by Lasse Hallstrom. Richard Dreyfuss plays Sam Sharpe, a loudmouth, rich guy with a great heart. He's obnoxious but well-intentioned. Alas, in that scene, after Sam had created a bedlam by just being who he is, always generous and free as they come but inconsiderate and unaware of the harm he's doing, the great Danny Aiello, who played the father of Sam's young wife, forcefully slams his fist on the table and yells, "Stop! Stop it! You are tearing us apart."

No matter the good intentions, if they are dictatorial in nature, not sensitive to the others as they impose their own "ideas," "values" and, "nations" if you wish, are simply counterproductive.

# # # #

Just a day or so ago on Slack:
evan
I think we need to wait on the constitution/nation building effort.
tao
Cool. I agree.
Let's grow a bit first.

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
@GreyGhost As I've stated before, Dash Nation is simply what I call the Dash community. And it's also the term I use to successfully invite many others to join us.

I'm not forcing anyone else to use this term, nor do I feel they should. You take it more seriously than I do. If I want to call the Dash community "Dash Nation", I'm welcome to, no?

EDIT: An example of Dash Nation community-building efforts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433982.0

EDIT2: BTW, Dash Nation is a nation without borders, and completely decentralized.

Last edited:

demo2

May 15, 2016
This is the Dash Forum, devoted to all things DASH, a privacy-centric digital currency. I wonder where can I find that "Dash Nation community" you keep talking about?

I wanted to post a mini-essay about nations, rather nation states, that were throughout the history sent men to kill and to be killed, imposed taxes or sanctions on others, pillaged, ravaged and were forcing their religion by superimposing the religion of others etc. and I also wanted to state that the world of P2P economy has to transcendent the old nation states that are source of so many pains humanity suffers. James Dale Davidson & William Rees-Mogg in their book The Sovereign Individual put it succinctly: "We know what happened to organized religion in the wake of the gunpowder revolution. Technological developments created strong incentives to downsize religious institutions and lower their costs. A similar technological revolution is destined to downsize radically the nation-state early in the new millennium."

Digital currency, such as DASH, encapsulates idea of P2P -- decentralized -- economy, decentralized democracy; it represents the very transcendence of national and state boundaries, it is the embodiment of globalized relations of commerce and information in between individuals i.e. peers. And you want to ram down our collective throats that ridiculous notion of some imaginary "nation" mirroring the very idea that needs to be decentralized? To whom I am paying the taxes in that "nation" of yours so it can have the money to function? Who do we invade next, as your "nation," since now we have funds to create an army? How much does it cost to get the passport of your "nation"?

As you know @TaoOfSatoshi - I admire you and your efforts. You do not ask for a permission. You have been a great ambassador for Dash since the Darkcoin times. But I, as the free individual who dreams of the border-less, nation-less, state-less (funnily enough, I myself am stateless due to the nature of my political asylum) world in which the true power, the true freedom, the true humanity lies in each of us as individuals that are free to go, work, associate, pay, love whomever they want wherever they want, without having to ask for a permission of the state (to travel, to marry, to exchange good and services...) am getting nauseated if someone imposes every single action of every single individual involved with Dash as an achievement of that imaginary "nation" of yours. I do not pledge my allegiance to your fiefdom ("nation"), sorry.

And I am sure a bunch of free individuals all over the world, some of them living in nation states under the tyrannical boots of some other nation states occupying it, feel the same.

You put tireless energy into your efforts and that's commendable. But your efforts, when that endless, nauseating "ramming down our collective throats" of the "nation" you seem to have "founded" are dividing us by a tiny crack here and another tiny crack there. A small wonder they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Your efforts remind me of a great scene in a cute little movie, ONCE AROUND, directed by Lasse Hallstrom. Richard Dreyfuss plays Sam Sharpe, a loudmouth, rich guy with a great heart. He's obnoxious but well-intentioned. Alas, in that scene, after Sam had created a bedlam by just being who he is, always generous and free as they come but inconsiderate and unaware of the harm he's doing, the great Danny Aiello, who played the father of Sam's young wife, forcefully slams his fist on the table and yells, "Stop! Stop it! You are tearing us apart."

No matter the good intentions, if they are dictatorial in nature, not sensitive to the others as they impose their own "ideas," "values" and, "nations" if you wish, are simply counterproductive.

# # # #

Just a day or so ago on Slack:
evan
I think we need to wait on the constitution/nation building effort.
tao
Cool. I agree.
Let's grow a bit first.
You confuse the term STATE with the term NATION.

Nation is not necessarily a bad term. it refers to people who have the same customs.
State is not also nesessarily a bad term.
Parliaments or presidensial republics are states, and they are bad ones nowdays.
But Democracy is a also state, and it is a good one, or at least it is a hope it will be when someone succeds to implement such a state.
The absence of a state is a bad thing, because then violence occurs, and we have the jungle law, which nobody wants it except the strong ones.
And of course the nation is the result of the state. Those who live into the same state, sooner or later they inevitably become a nation.
Finally a global state is not necessarily a good thing, and democracy is rather a regional state than a global one. Because you cannot find same customs in Eskimos and Zoulou, so a democracy that includes both Eskimos and Zoulou is rather unsuccesfull in terms of understanding and communication, that is required for a democracy to work properly.

Please try to see the two sides of the coin.
Most of the times there is not pure black or pure white, there is only grey.

Last edited:

demo2

May 15, 2016
Digital currency, such as DASH, encapsulates idea of P2P -- decentralized -- economy, decentralized democracy; it represents the very transcendence of national and state boundaries, it is the embodiment of globalized relations of commerce and information in between individuals i.e. peers. And you want to ram down our collective throats that ridiculous notion of some imaginary "nation" mirroring the very idea that needs to be decentralized? To whom I am paying the taxes in that "nation" of yours so it can have the money to function? Who do we invade next, as your "nation," since now we have funds to create an army?
You pay taxes to democracy of course.
A decentralized democracy, also has taxes. Taxes used to keep its decentralization working.

How much does it cost to get the passport of your "nation"?
It costs about 1000$ , in order to become a masternode owner and receive your voting right.
Dash tends to be a democracy among masternodes owners, but it is obviously not the global democracy you dream about.

And I wonder, have you ever complained about that?
If no, is it maybe because you are also a masternode owner yourself?
Isnt this an hypocrisy?

Last edited:

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
It costs about 1000$ , in order to become a masternode owner and receive your voting right.
Well, I think that meaby if you get another account demo3 or demo4 you'll realise that with 1000$ you can only sniff a vote ;p

Trolling time sound to like the incomming dash uptrend for me.

edit: yes yes we are at 0,0154 already ;)

Last edited:

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
@GreyGhost you might be reading way too much into the term. "DASH Nation" is no more of a "nation" than "Red Sox Nation". There are no taxes, there is no president, there is no army, there are no borders, there is no official membership. It's just a term for people who use DASH or people who are interested in/excited about the project, just like Red Sox Nation is just a term for Red Sox fans. IMO, using the term helps people feel like they are welcome and that they are part of a movement. That's really all it is...

demo2

May 15, 2016
@GreyGhost you might be reading way too much into the term. "DASH Nation" is no more of a "nation" than "Red Sox Nation". There are no taxes, there is no president, there is no army, there are no borders, there is no official membership. It's just a term for people who use DASH or people who are interested in/excited about the project, just like Red Sox Nation is just a term for Red Sox fans. IMO, using the term helps people feel like they are welcome and that they are part of a movement. That's really all it is...
The budget system is taxes. Evan is the president, there is no democracy.

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
The budget system is taxes. Evan is the president, there is no democracy.
The budget system is run by the Masternodes, and yes the development team is lead by Evan, neither of which has to do with what I was talking about which was the "DASH nation" term...