• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why do we still market DASH as "privacy-focused"?

mbgnkmp2

Hi guys!

One thing I constantly see whenever DASH sponsor something like a podcast or youtuber is that the prompt remains the same from a while ago, citing DASH as a privacy-focused cryptocurrency. While I love having the option of anonymizing my coins, aren't we in a stage where focus on privacy has been left behind in favour of scalability, governance and, most importantly, practicality with the vision of Evolution?

Besides, there is a plethora of other currencies in the market which do focus more on privacy than DASH, so shouldn't we let them market themselves as such, while DASH keep pursuing the goal of enhancing user experience in the platform?

Privacy is one of our features but Dash isn't a one-trick pony. So yes I would agree that we shouldn't market Dash as necessarily being "privacy-focused". But we don't. Some people characterize it like that because they are thinking back from the Darkcoin days, or maybe just because Dash has better privacy than Bitcoin.

Agreed with the above. People who don't know better still say "the privacy-centric digital currency Dash..."

When I'm writing anything, I always say "with privacy features." For instance "governance, instant transactions, and privacy features...)

Back