• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Which are 3 weak points (challenges) for DASH?

AlejandroE

Im convinced that DASH will be the Money of the future in a few years and im a really fan of this project. But we know there isnt exist perfect things. So, could someone tell me 3 weak points (or challenges) that DASH has for the near future?.

I would appreciate a LOT you valuable opinion!

I think the main challenges are:

1. Not accepted yet. This can be fixed, I think that's the main goal.

2. Low transaction limit. Dash needs to pass Visa and Mastercard in transaction capacity, it's on the roadmap but I hope energy savings can be incorporated or Dash will take a beating in the news as it grows.

3. ASIC mining is dangerous to centralization. I think Dash should add a GPU algorithm and have multiple algos, it will decentralize it and get more hobby miners into Dash.

No cryptocurrency ever will be the money of the future because of volatility unless two things occur, they peg themselves to their fiat counterpart or they replace fiat, and Dash is no exception. Yes we all can make millions with crypto as an investment and store of value but forget about competing with Visa or Mastercard in daily transactions for basic commerce operations. No single merchant in the whole world will accept cryptos for their utility, they do right now because they are accepting an asset that grows in value over time despite the high friction it brings to simple transactions.

Somebody is working hard right now trying to crack that nut and Ether is enjoying some luck with the brainpower unleashed with contracts and tokens until someone finds the perfect solution by trial and error, then it will be too late for those who didn't want to see the elephant in the room.

Once a coin is adopted in all countries for their daily transactions it will be almost impossible to dethrone them. Resistance will be futile.

I disagree. Fiat will always be the primary but replacing Visa/Mc will be easy. Payment processors can easily make it happen

Ok here is a bullet list:

The most important social pain points are:

- Volatility (Merchants won't be changing prices on every tick)
- Fractionality (Consumers won't buy a bag of bread for 0.00634512)
- Convertibility (Consumers and merchants won't make conversions from fiat to crypto)

The most important usability pain points are:

- Instant confirmation (Dash excels at this)
- Vanity numbers (Sending money to a 1-800-MYSHOP instead of 1a53380170f384699a45f09ed952edbed)
- Simplified wallet (Dash Evolution may help)

The most important technical improvements:

- Scalable to millions of transactions per second (World commerce)
- Minerless (Energy conciousness)
- Low transaction fees (Pennies not dollars)

Last edited:
Back