• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What sgminer version do you use?

tuppydog

I have been using x11-Sgminer 4.1.0g for months now, and I have been reading that there is a 2% or more fee that gets sent out to the author. Can anyone give me any information on this, or is there another older sgminer that you would recommend? It seems like the newer sgminers (5.x) do not work as well and are slower. THe Sgminer 4.1.0g does not use a conf file, but it is very easy to use and gets great numbers with wolf0s bins, it's just that I am concerned with the payout....

At 65 mega hash you are probably near the maximum already.
The payment fee was taken out unless you have the earlier version, try using sgminer 5.0 .exe with your new bins and and kernal (only copy the .exe file and use that in original folder, but make a copy!)
There are other sgminer versions such as,

sgminer_x11x13mod_03_06_2014
sgminer-5.1-dev-2014-11-13-win32
sgminer-5.0-pre-release-2014-07-20-win32
sgminer-5.1-2014-12-20-win32
sph-sgminer_x11mod_b2

try a diffferent kernal such as 'x11mod' by placing it in the kernal folder and changing the config.
The graphics driver may even slow it down, an earlier version may be better.
I find the best and fastest software is usually here (I see wolf's bins have appeared now)

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=software

Thank you SUB! I will start with the changing to the first x11 sgminer you have listed, I am suspicious of mine, because if my internet is dis-connected I get the following:
x11-sgminer 4.1.0g
Probing for an alive pool
getaddrinfo<> in setup_stratum_socket<> returned 11001: No such host
Failed to resolve <wrong URL?> drkp2pool.girino.org:7903

Thank you SUB! I will start with the changing to the first x11 sgminer you have listed, I am suspicious of mine, because if my internet is dis-connected I get the following:
x11-sgminer 4.1.0g
Probing for an alive pool
getaddrinfo<> in setup_stratum_socket<> returned 11001: No such host
Failed to resolve <wrong URL?> drkp2pool.girino.org:7903

Yes , looks like you're mining for Girino, it is possible to block a specific port on the router if you must, but better to use different software of course!

For the record, my master copy of sgminer with all my work is based on SGMiner commit 387bb28952140ff5ec419852e70fc59d5fba996e, made on Wed Dec 3 19:22:33 2014 -0500. I really should rebase it...

EDIT: Yeah, Girino embedded my bins in an sgminer and takes a fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's exactly what I've got is Girino's version, I mean I don't mind the fee that much, but I've paid enough already....I will be looking for that version Wolf0 and changing over asap...thank you much...!!!!

Yep, that's exactly what I've got is Girino's version, I mean I don't mind the fee that much, but I've paid enough already....I will be looking for that version Wolf0 and changing over asap...thank you much...!!!!
Just get it from git if you can, mine is kinda old lol.

I will definitely download that, who knows how much this grino character took from me, I had been mining at nearly 70MH/s for 4 months, It should have been a one time fee. oh well, lesson learned.....

I will definitely download that, who knows how much this grino character took from me, I had been mining at nearly 70MH/s for 4 months, It should have been a one time fee. oh well, lesson learned.....

You can't be a soft puppy forever :rolleyes:

Btw, am wondering how many Dash did you get in 4 months ?

I remember that gringos miner at the time was the only one I could get to work so I went with it also I just downloaded the trixx program last week and it has boosted mh rates a lot...

Another thing lol, I'm getting some great deals on frames and equipment, however, I probably completely missed the whole mining train and will end up being the last miner, wish it would pick up, If dash went up to 10 dollars I'd sell half which still wouldn't be a pot to piss in

Another thing lol, I'm getting some great deals on frames and equipment, however, I probably completely missed the whole mining train and will end up being the last miner, wish it would pick up, If dash went up to 10 dollars I'd sell half which still wouldn't be a pot to piss in

I just tried the new amd-catalyst-15.5beta-64bit-win7-may27 drivers but it reduced my R9 290 down from 7.45 megahash to 6.4 megahash.
Although I did notice my old (and excessive heat producing) 6950's were running a little quicker, it got to 2 meg (usually about 1.8-1.9)

There is something about the amd-catalyst-14.7-rc3-windows-aug12 graphics drivers that my sgminer and .bins seems to like so once again, I am going to delete a 'better' driver for my old favourite.

Happy mining!

Not much and with discovery of using grinos sgminer it was about 65 dash total , sure doesn't seem like a lot...

Well I get around .12 Dash per day on xpool.ca using only one 7.45 megahash R9 290
So you would have 9.4 times more per day = 1.12 Dash per day in total @ 70 megahash
4 months = 134 Dash

Perhaps a little less(I can get .1 per day), but you can still double what you got I would say.

Well I get around .12 Dash per day on xpool.ca using only one 7.45 megahash R9 290
So you would have 9.4 times more per day = 1.12 Dash per day in total @ 70 megahash
4 months = 134 Dash

Perhaps a little less(I can get .1 per day), but you can still double what you got I would say.
Ugh I knew something was way wrong, I will have to experiment with your above mentioned miners and change pools, thanks sub

Ok, it will be just a while as I am out of town, but I've got a few pics of the 5 gpu set up, the monitor is pretty blurry and I have my station 2 screenshot of the same setup mostly with 4 7970s when I get home I will get you some better pics, also I'd say I get about 1 dash a day. Keep in mind, I would tweak a machine and one would be down for a time but average was around 60 to 65mh for 4 months

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XvrVQr6KiWYN8TMkWNux9wxC2ZZEHeXsbC

Type in jv9968 Flickr and I took a few pics

Also there is no config file everything is in the batch file and I will send u that as soon as I can

Hey, one thing I got working, by disabling a section in the pool management strategy in sgminer. There is a list of 4 options in pool management, round robin,load balance, etc, gringos program has erased the 0 selection called "failover"

THIS WORKS - SIMPLE way to disable donation

You can disable the donation simply by changing the pool management change management strategy to failover. He removed the menu item for failover, but it still works as OPTION 0. Bad thing is you have to do this every time you open/close the program....but it does stay on Pool 1 I checked it out...!

Ok, it will be just a while as I am out of town, but I've got a few pics of the 5 gpu set up, the monitor is pretty blurry and I have my station 2 screenshot of the same setup mostly with 4 7970s when I get home I will get you some better pics, also I'd say I get about 1 dash a day. Keep in mind, I would tweak a machine and one would be down for a time but average was around 60 to 65mh for 4 months

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XvrVQr6KiWYN8TMkWNux9wxC2ZZEHeXsbC

Type in jv9968 Flickr and I took a few pics

Flickr does not work, try using snip in windows and just paste straight onto this page, no need for 3rd party websites.
Oddly, I have found a .conf startup program is more reliable than a .bat command for sgminer and I suggest only 1 config/instance per miner if buggy.
Saw this on reddit as a possible explanation:

''When you create a conf file, it sets the default settings or cgminer. If you run cgminer by itself and have a conf file, those settings will be used.

When you create a bat file, you are specifying the command line options for cgminer which override any configuration. If you run this file it runs cgminer with those options.''

Back