• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What kind of return would I get on...

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
... mining with my current set-up? I've got 2 x Radeon R9 290X. I don't get time to play much in my Steam library anymore. Does anybody have a rough idea of how many coins I would pull in if I started mining?

my best guess would be about 1 coin a day @ 12,000khs tops. the killer is those 290xs pulling out some major TDP! if you really want to mine and dont particularly care about making a profit, I would sell those cards and buy 2 gtx970s.

my best guess would be about 1 coin a day @ 12,000khs tops. the killer is those 290xs pulling out some major TDP! if you really want to mine and dont particularly care about making a profit, I would sell those cards and buy 2 gtx970s.

Thansk Shintax. Do you advise getting the GTXs because they are faster when it comes to mining, or is it just that they don't get as hot / are more efficient?

Bang for buck would be the best expression. For around $360-80 you can overclock a 970 and hash nearly 6k, and only pull around 160-70w. Super efficient! I would go so far as to say that a gtx970 is as, if not more, efficient than a 750ti. But that's speculation, as I don't own a 750ti.

Update 10/28: got my GTX970 FTW yesterday. been mining for the past 8 hours, underclocked 1177mhz, 59% power target, pulling no more than 170w, hashing 5.5mh

Last edited by a moderator:
Back