• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What kind of profit can I expect?

It's hard for me to calculate electricity. I'm not sure how to calculate that. Also, it shows Bitcoin as being in light green which equals better for me, for which I know is not true. Can you help me with this?

It's hard for me to calculate electricity. I'm not sure how to calculate that. Also, it shows Bitcoin as being in light green which equals better for me, for which I know is not true. Can you help me with this?
I can't help with the mining questions because thats why I'm here :) but as for electricity costs; its measured in kilowatt/hours. So if you have a load of 300w then you're using 0.3KW/h, or if you have a rig that uses, say, 1500watts that means you will use 1.5KW per hour. Just get in contact with your electric company and ask them how much you pay per 1000W in 1 hour (how much is 1KW/h?).

So if they say you pay $0.30 per KW/h then a 1.5KW rig will cost 1.5x $0.30 per hour = 45cents

I tried mining btc (lol) when I first found crypto with my gtx580... 2000sats per month or something, lmao (I lasted a day before I realised I'd be better off scratching paint from walls and reselling it). So i'm back looking to dig, however due to hardware restrictions I'm searching other avenues - cloudmining? - I barely know where to begin and the economics is twisting my brain, never mind the tech entry requirements.

I've got windows 7, 8 cores, 8G ram and a gtx580... can anyone tell me which road I should be on? lol, and please don't say a computer store. Checking coinwarz right now

ps I figure I've got a few months learning and investment to enact before I can expect any useful returns but I need to get off the blocks at least... On, the blocks?

Back