• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What is in Dash Core 12.2?

jimbursch

Is there someplace an explanation/listing of what is included in the Dash Core 12.2 update?

I'm curious to know how 12.2 effects wallet development.

The roadmap doesn't give any details about 12.2. I'm curious what is in the 12.2 update and how it impacts current wallets.

@UdjinM6 -- is there a doc you can point me to, or perhaps you can answer some questions for me?

The roadmap doesn't give any details about 12.2. I'm curious what is in the 12.2 update and how it impacts current wallets.

@UdjinM6 -- is there a doc you can point me to, or perhaps you can answer some questions for me?
Errr... Why would it impact current wallets?
Changes code-wise so far: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/compare/v0.12.1.x...dashpay:v0.12.2.x
There are still more backports to come and then 2mb blocksize and lower fees are going to be implemented on top of that.

Thanks @UdjinM6 ! That's exactly what I was looking for.

One thing that caught my eye: HD wallet (#1405)
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/commit/27f3218de916d7e1bd40320323eb242d5e205f47

So, does this mean that Core 12.2 will be an HD wallet? Or is it an option? Will a 12.1 wallet be able to be upgraded to a 12.2 HD wallet?

"Backport Bitcoin PR#..." -- does that mean, essentially, pulling code from Bitcoin and porting it do Dash?

Thanks for your responsiveness! Forgive me if my questions expose my ignorance.

Thanks @UdjinM6 ! That's exactly what I was looking for.

One thing that caught my eye: HD wallet (#1405)
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/commit/27f3218de916d7e1bd40320323eb242d5e205f47

So, does this mean that Core 12.2 will be an HD wallet? Or is it an option? Will a 12.1 wallet be able to be upgraded to a 12.2 HD wallet?

"Backport Bitcoin PR#..." -- does that mean, essentially, pulling code from Bitcoin and porting it do Dash?

Thanks for your responsiveness! Forgive me if my questions expose my ignorance.
Yes, 12.2 will _probably_ have BIP39/BIP44 HD wallet as an experimental feature, we are not sure yet - gui and some internals are not quite there yet so we'll either disable it or make it non-default for 12.2, should become the default option with corresponding gui in 12.3. I'm using it since this PR was merged and pretty happy with that already however ;)
No, you can't upgrade wallet from a non-HD to a HD one but you can create a new HD wallet and import keys from a non-HD if you'd like to.

Yes, we are pulling some performance- and architecture-critical code from Bitcoin Core to Dash Core. And no, no Segwit if that's your next question :)

Oh, in that sense looking at new HD wallet implementation and all local security around it could be a good idea - it would be nice to figure out if we missed smth before we launch it in full production mode. Cracking PS if possible also would be nice though there is no encryption involved but maybe there are some algorithmic issues (informational leaks). I hope not ofc :)

Curious to know if masternodes need to be restarted like they had to for 12.1.
If so, will enforcement be off like last time?

If there is public test period and translations needs also attention, my bet is SEP 30 or later date, just my thinking.

Back