• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What IP do we have?

That someone might be Microsoft or R3CEV, is that what you want? Microsoft are invested in Ethereum, maybe you should go complain to them also.

Yes, you can make the case for defensive patents. I agree.

Microsoft or R3CEV are not interested in Sporks, though, because they use proof of stake blockchains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suddenly afraid others will fork DASH and give it a run for its money? :)

Not worried at all.......

Look at LimecoinX
They forked us already...
...and then they changed a few parameters : MN = 5000LIMX etc etc
- - while NEVER giving credit where credit is due.
and than it goes no where because they can't build upon what they have..... [posers]

You should have no fear from 'copy-N-pasters' - lol -
and
I've yet to see anybody/group, take DASH and even try to make it 'better'

DASH ON!!!

Yes, you can make the case for defensive patents. I agree.

Microsoft or R3CEV are not interested in Sporks, though, because they use proof of stake blockchains.

You do realize that a SPORK and Proof-of-Stake are 2 completely different mind-sets??
You CAN still Spork a POS...

AFAIK it's all open source. We have the right to the name Dash and that's it.

I would only start worrying if we lose our development team, which is not likely, since they probably own some portion of Dash themselves.

I would only start worrying if we lose our development team, which is not likely, since they probably own some portion of Dash themselves.

Even with that said
- Using the software brings a level of respect
- - Like giving credit for all the work that was done before it was/will be forked.... plan and simple....

I'm pretty sure Ybcoin is just a fork of DASH as well... If there was such thing as a "finished product" crypto we may need to worry but considering this is a living and evolving entity (like that evolution plug?) we'll always be the top just due to development and market share/perception.

Even the trolls are starting to catch on ;) You can hate DASH all the way to the welfare line if you want, but I personally don't regret a single one of my DASH purchases. Especially those @ under 0.006 two weeks ago :p

I think and hope the team isn't in it just for the money. I think there's an ideological drive as well for some of the core devs.

Open source IP is an oxymoron.

Yep, am a huge champion of open source.. but we have to accept there are vultures out there and it's sometimes good to give them a run for their money. Also, don't forget, there are people out there like Elon Musk that have opened up patents... "Tesla will not initiate patent lawsuits against anyone who, in good faith, wants to use our technology."

I have no problem playing both nice and dirty at the same time.

GrandMasterDash I know there are licenses like MS-RSL that are more "shared source" than open, allowing others to audit the code base but dissuades them (via potential legal action) from copy-pasting it into a new project. Perhaps something like this is the compromise to which you refer?

Then again, there's as much difference between shared source and open source as there is between open source and free software.

I'm not opposed to creating an artificial "first mover advantage" of sorts; i.e., keeping the codebase under lock and key for a few months until DASH is so far ahead of the game that it'd be hard for others to catch up once it's open-sourced, as was done with DarkSend. But the idealist in me still finds it a bit slimy >__<

Back