• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What if you could predict the future? I can...

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarguy

I started to get a funny feeling about ICO's (Initial Coin Offerings) more than 6 months ago. And now my spider sense is pretty much off the charts. The more I study it, the flakier it gets.

There is a certain mania going on in ICO's, and an enormous pile of money is flowing into uncharted territory. My bold prediction is that there will be a number of ICO's that don't turn out as advertised, and then the investors will lose 10's of millions of dollars, and the bottom will fall out of the ICO market.

Further, this will affect the price for actual functional tokens like Dash and Bitcoin and Ether, and possibly everything in the cryptoverse. This will be somewhat unfair, but the universe and the market don't play by fair rules.

And finally, after a time, people will realize that actual cryptocurrencies with real world uses are a very different product than ICO's, and the price will rebound nicely for Dash and Bitcoin and Ether and all the rest of the tokens with valid use cases.

This is not a particularly difficult prediction, and lots of people who have studied the ICO market have come to similar conclusions. But what shall we do about it?

What follows here is not investing advice. I'm not your broker. I'm not anybody's broker or financial adviser. Do your own due diligence. Don't invest ANY money in crypto that cannot afford to lose. Got it?

I personally am going to scrimp and save and pile up all the fiat I can lay my hands on, and when the ICO bubble pops, and people are running around with their hair on fire selling their crypto hard and fast, I will be buying crypto.

Buy when there's blood running in the streets.

You have been warned.

You have time to prepare.

Be ready. Some will be taken by surprise. You have no excuse.

Anybody can -predict- the future, but I will be right about it.

What if the blockchain was the basis of our reality, a model of how time-space functions?

I've seen the future. You know what they say about dash...

"ICOs? Where we're going, we don't need ICOs!"

Makes sense, as always the devil is in the details. That is knowing specifically which ones will rebound and knowing when the prices has hit the bottom. Regarding bottom I don't thing anyone will know for sure, so probably gradual purchasing will be best. As for knowing which ones to buy I would like to know your thoughts.

Makes sense, as always the devil is in the details. That is knowing specifically which ones will rebound and knowing when the prices has hit the bottom. Regarding bottom I don't thing anyone will know for sure, so probably gradual purchasing will be best. As for knowing which ones to buy I would like to know your thoughts.

It's difficult if not impossible to precisely time the bottom, or the peak. I'm not a trader and recommend you don't do high frequency trading either. I'm a buy and hold guy, and I just wanted to encourage people to realize that when things look "bad" that's usually a good time to purchase.

This is just another version of buy the dips strategy and tries to take some of the emotion out.

I hold 99% Dash, but that's just because I like Dash. Don't go investing a bunch of money without doing your own due diligence and research.

Hope that does happen then we can all scoop up the coins that will regain value upon market stabilization. There is opportunity in bull and bear if you are patient, research, and invest correctly.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back